Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Screen protector so far?

Ive used Zagg in the past and not happy at all with the orange peel effect that they always have.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Best Screen protector so far?

I agree they went too great s few years ago but their hd versions are much better then the past ones. I've used their screen protectors since I had my old HTC evo 3d and now with my note 2, I highly recommend them. You won't be sorry getting the hd version for your note.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    I agree they went too great s few years ago but their hd versions are much better then the past ones. I've used their screen protectors since I had my old HTC evo 3d and now with my note 2, I highly recommend them. You won't be sorry getting the hd version for your note.

I had the HD version on my Iphone 5 (cant imagine any difference in them as they are both new phones) and it sucked
    crzycrkr likes this.

I recommend Spigen Ultra Crystal, it work well and I hardly tell if the screen protector is on it. It felt smooth with my finger. I am rather picky with screen protector on their glide ability. If it felt bumpy then I won't go for it like Armor Suit Military Shield. For Spigen Ultra Crystal, it perfect and glide my finger so easily.

Best of all, it a dry application. I hate wet application since it made it so easy to get out alignment during the squeegee use.

Sent from my SGH-T889
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I've always been a fan of phanton skinz screen protectors, using it on my Note 2 atm. I have the Nexus 4 and needed another screen protector but didn't like the full body version that phantom skinz has. Decided to try out Spigen Ultra crystal since I hear good things about it. Will report back.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by aquafusiondane View Post
    I recommend Spigen Ultra Crystal, it work well and I hardly tell if the screen protector is on it. It felt smooth with my finger. I am rather picky with screen protector on their glide ability. If it felt bumpy then I won't go for it like Armor Suit Military Shield. For Spigen Ultra Crystal, it perfect and glide my finger so easily.

Best of all, it a dry application. I hate wet application since it made it so easy to get out alignment during the squeegee use.

Sent from my SGH-T889
    does s-pen glide ok on it?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I ordered some cheap screen protectors on eBay for a 1.99 surprisingly the quality of them is extremely good I was able to put my first 1 on with not a single bubbles on screen also no orange peel that I have seen yet. I also ordered a spigen that I will put on once this one fails. Also the pen works well with these and I've not scratched it yet. I will not post a link but will provide a ss of the product and seller

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Screen protector so far?-uploadfromtaptalk1357189039266.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rexxcastle View Post
    Yes it does. It glide very well and didn't hurt the screen protector. I used it many times on it and there no problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

I bought these for only $1.89, and I like them. No rainbow,orange peel,discoloration,S Pen glides like a boss, and the only time I notice that the sp is on my phone is when the screen is black. That's its only flaw, it picks up the finger prints like when you're gliding, and if you use spen alot, you will see everything thing that you wrote on the screen,lol but its no biggie for me, I always carry a polishing cloth. $700 phone, i will defend it from sand and dusk and crap

The spigen protectors feel just the same as if you were on the screen without one. Although I got a generic like spigen it feels just like it. I had the zagg hd and returned it and got the equivalent of the spigen ultra oleophobic one and it's awesome. The stylus flows on it like there is no protector on it.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Totally agree get a Spigen Ultra Crystal it's easy to put on the s pen works perfectly with it and you can't tell you have even got one on, I know there aren't cheap but why bother wasting your money on cheap stuff when this phone cost so much and deserves a quality protector.
    Thanked by:

I have the Spigen Ultra Oleo and you can't even tell it's there as far as the S-pen goes. Can't really see it's there either except at the edge, but my TPU case covers that now. It doesn't finger/face print as much as the glass, either, and it's easy to wipe off.
    The price isn't horrible considering you get 2, and if you don't screw up putting the first one on you have a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post

The HD version doesn't take away from the screen, you can't even tell that it's on. However, the S Pen leaves marks all over it.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Ghost Armor

I'm getting Ghost Armor on mine tomorrow. I won't know how well it works for a few days as it takes some time to cure but will post my results.

I went with the Spigen Ultra Crystal as well... for both my wife's and my note 2. Amazon has a 2-pack for ~$15

It does have a bit of a gap between the edge of the white/grey frame outlining the black portion of the screen, but its still a great fit. I have a Seidio Surface case on it, so that covers a portion of the gap, but there's still some left though I don't mind. It has the right cutouts for the speaker, home button, leds and camera. I'm extremely satisifed with it. No issues with S-Pen and its as clear and as smooth as the glass. Thanks to all the others who have recommended it.

I started with a Zagg but after I waited the obligatory 24 hours which I waited almost 48 I put my Otter Box case on and it began to peel off starting with the upper corner. I then went with a Rock'd protector from a kiosk at a mall that sold cases and such and I really like it. It is very similar to the Zagg but there is no orange peel....just a very nice gloss effect. Might be worth a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by roberte1342 View Post
    I'm getting Ghost Armor on mine tomorrow. I won't know how well it works for a few days as it takes some time to cure but will post my results.
    What do you think?

I got the Mobc oleophobic from amazon. 2 for about $10 or just over. Not sure how it compares to other oleophobic screen protectors though, as this is the first I've used. As far as the spen working and feel of it, I'm very pleased. Installed without a hitch. The only other screen protector I've used worth mentioning was a spigen crystal on my nexus 7. I don't think this one is any worse and at least resists some of the oils from my fingers. Easier to wipe off at minimum. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I will say that there's a divot on the top left and have no idea why it's there but really doesn't matter. And like most others for the note 2 apparently, it doesn't go all the way to the sides.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Finally got the Spigen ultra crystal screen protector for my Nexus 4. And I have phantom skinz ultra clear screen protector on my Note 2. Both have front/back screen protectors. Although, both are really close, IMO the winner is...

Phantom Skinz ultra clear screen protector!

1) Fingers glide much smoother than the Spigen. It was quite a noticeable difference to me. Although, I'd like to mention that the S-pen felt much smoother on the spigen than phantom skinz. Almost a little too slippery for my liking, though doubt I would notice much difference when using it.

2) This might have to do with the color of the device (black vs titanium grey), but while Spigen looks damm near invisible, with the phantom skinz, I could barely tell I have a screen protector on.

Some things I liked about Spigen:

1) Dry-install. I used to hate doing dry install, but this one was quite easy. I took my time, but the biggest advantage I see in dry install is if you get dust/link stuck underneath, you can easily lift up the Spigen screen protector and use Spigen's "special" dust/lint removal tape and reapply. I was able to get a perfect no bubble, no lint, no dirt install.

On the other hand Phantom skinz is a wet install. Biggest problem with this is you can't see the dust/link or air bubbles until after you install. I usually leave phone off for the night and in the morning I will unwrap the ceran wrap that I covered it with. Luckily my note 2 turned out great, but it wasn't as easy as installing like Spigen screen protector. Also, water can be bad if you aren't careful and let the phone dry long enough.

2) Ease of installation, again with dry install and a You tube tutorial video, I was able to install this with no problems in about 30 minutes. Aligning it was quite easy with the tape method I found on You Tube. The phantom skinz takes me a little longer (much longer if you count drying it overnight) due to water and covering it up with ceran wrap so I the screen protector doesn't lift and get air bubbles.

3) Cost. Technically they both are about the same price, but you can't buy one set of full body screen protector form phantom skinz, they come with 2 sets. Even though phantom skinz says it's a "internet special, BOGO free" it's really not if you compare it to other screen protectors and their prices.

**Update**

Thought I'd update this after using the Spigen screen protector for a little while more. I have to say it's a tough call between these two. After normal usage, I really don't notice that extra bit of drag on the Spigen protector. Fingers slide just as well as the phantom skinz. One thing that I noticed, is even after a couple days of letting it cure to my screen, I was still able to lift it up with scotch tape. If for some reason you have something sticky (like scotch tape sticky) on your finger and touch the screen, it may lift the screen protector up completely. This may be the downside to dry-install in general. Whereas phantom skinz is stuck on there unless you really try to get it off. I've also already made a scratch on the back side of the Spigen screen protector, no idea how that happened. No scratches so far on the phantom skinz (been using phantom skinz for about a month now).
    Last edited by vNaK; 01-10-2013 at 08:01 PM.

I'm using a Spigen Ultra Crystal protector. They're rather expensive, but you get what you pay for. The screen protector is super thin and very unnoticeable, doesn't affect the responsiveness of the screen , and is great so far. I got a set of 2 for $16 (available on eBay )

Yeah the Spen glides great as if no cover were there

I will be installing on my 10.1 Note.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

ROM
    Stock Root

iLoome has a screen protector that is tempered glass for the iPhone 5 that looks pretty neat. They are making one for the Note 2 and S3.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    What do you think?
    Well, not as good as I hoped.
    Pen is about 15% less sensitive and doesn't glide very well.
    At first I assumed it just needed time to cure, but 5 days in and no improvement.
    Perhaps Ghost Armor didn't use a different formula for this material to improve stylus input for the Note. It feels just like the ones on my iPad. Touch response is fantastic though.
    I installed an Ionic case and has begun lifting the material from the screen edge.
    I'm not really happy with this. I'd advise against it unless you are doing mostly touch and are not installing a case that touches the screen in a way that will peel the edges.
    I've had great success with it on my iPads. One of them still has the original from over 1 1/2 years ago.
    They are great on other devices just not the Note 2.

I'm considering pulling it off and getting a refund and keep the glass naked. I've had my Droid X naked for 2.5 years and remarkably the screen is still in good shape despite the body being scratched all to hell. I know Gorilla Glass isn't scratch proof, but I think with the Ionic case there really isn't much that is going to bother the glass.

another vote for SGP Ultra Crystal. Used it for my last 2 phones. Last phone used it for ~2 years with no peeling, color issues, or deep scratches. Highly recommended. I even used it with a case -- absolutely no peeling on the edges.

I hope spigen comes out with a glass T for the note 2, though on all the reviews I have seen and read, they said they were not going to. But my hope is still for it.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast