Images on Instagram Won't Load Over Wifi

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I'm in the right forum to ask this, but for some reason all the images on Instagram won't load at all over my wifi connection. On the carrier data, they loaded just fine. I've tried uninstalling the app, clearing the cache. Nothing seems to work. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I'm in the right forum to ask this, but for some reason all the images on Instagram won't load at all over my wifi connection. On the carrier data, they loaded just fine. I've tried uninstalling the app, clearing the cache. Nothing seems to work. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Have you tried restarting your router

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

megatrops

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem and restarting the router wont work. Anyone know what I can do to get instagram to upload my images? (I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times)

ectosports

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am having this problem as well. The image attempts to load but fails. I have reinstalled instagram and tried from different locations using wifi and 4G.

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here, been happening for weeks now. I do NOT have instagram account or app on my phone. Maybe I should download it?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Airman1947

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem on my Galaxy S5. For me, it turned out to be the SIM card. I wasn't using the card that came with the phone when I ordered it, because I couldn't get it to work. I didn't realize that you had to call and activate it. So, I stuck the card from my old phone into my new phone, since it looked the same to me. But, it turned out that the technology in the newer card is much more updated. So, after activating the newer card, the phone works fine now. Hope that helps! Even if you are using the card that came with the phone, it could be that you have a problem with it. Good luck!

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I had the same problem and tried doing this. Worked like a charm so far. Re installing photo grid now to see if that is without issue as well.

Thank you, you just helped with weeks of headscratching and turning on/off wifi just to upload to IG.

edit: photogrid used for instagram still is doing the same thing. i just dont get it. help.

Last edited:

nalbana

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
SOLUTION for me:

Change phone IP config from DHCP to Reserved
-View Connected Devices
-Find your phone and click Edit
-Change Configuration to Reserved

Struggled with this problem for months.
-Phones with issue: S5, Note4, and 5X
-ISP: Time Warner
-Router/Modem: Time Warner provided
-

adamsgrg

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
It's really annoying to have that problem. It's probably because of an IP conflict or something. I'm not sure. I was able to FIX it by doing this:

- Install a VPN/proxy management application like Hotspot Shield.
- Let that app to assign a new IP to your device. (In Hotspot Shield, Turn Protection ON)
- Enjoy !:)
- Instagram will still load Images and Videos even when the VPN/proxy management app is closed, that is, the IP is reverted.
P.S.: I don't know much about IP, VPN, Proxy, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

thirtyone31

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site

Hi, i've been having this same issue for a long time and finally found a fix. :)

If you have access to the router you're connected over on Wifi, change its DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) instead of ISP's. Make sure you change it on the router, not just on the phone.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

ManIdeeP j

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
expect instagram evry application is working . even same wth my brothers phone. onlky instagram is nt loading.. wn it comes to wifi speed is quoit good. but dn no y only insta is not loading
.. can u please try to gv me a .. solution

adiobulbu

Jun 9, 2018
Visit site
It's really annoying to have that problem. It's probably because of an IP conflict or something. I'm not sure. I was able to FIX it by doing this:

- Install a VPN/proxy management application like Hotspot Shield.
- Let that app to assign a new IP to your device. (In Hotspot Shield, Turn Protection ON)
- Enjoy !:)
- Instagram will still load Images and Videos even when the VPN/proxy management app is closed, that is, the IP is reverted.
P.S.: I don't know much about IP, VPN, Proxy, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This fix worked for me..thank you. I've been chasing the problem for two days now. Sposting phone and tablet (same account) extremely slow but only on home wifi. My regular phone was just fine and the Sposting devices worked fine everywhere else other than home. I was about to try running them through my VPN and if that didn't work then wipe them. This 2 minute fix saved me a lot of time. Thanks again , If you're a drinker I owe you a beer or bourbon haha or rye . Alright gotta go..there's ****posting to do

Emil Del Rosario

Aug 4, 2018
Visit site
Thanks to adamsgrg solution to install a VPN app...It worked! I was about to trash my Galaxy J3 thinking it had to do with my phone being old and needing a newer model, but Hotspot Shield fixed the issue...Now bring on Instagram!

Thanks also to adiobulbu for the confirmation!