"Unlocked" galaxy note 2, will it work on Verizon?

Dark SSide

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing alot of gn2's for sale that are "unlocked" but where originally other carriers phones. Can I buy one root it/change settings and use it on the Verizon network. I'm sorry if covered but I couldn't find anything when I searched. I have an gs3 now rooted so I can use google wallet and get rid of some boat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is true 01 not, but Someone told me the phone itself will work on Verizon but you need to get the ESN registered. I also hear it's near impossible to get it registered. If anyone can corroborate this or debunk it I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Most likely not, because if the phone is a gsm unlocked phone it will work on any gsm carrier. (att tmobile, h2o red pocket straight talk) But if you have an unlocked Verizon gnote 2 you could use it on these networks. CDMA makes it harder for phones to work on their network, so it is very unlikely that you can get an unlocked gnote 2 and it will work on Verizon. So get a Verizon version, you'll be able to enjoy LTE, and not be stuck in the very very slow Verizon 3G network

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is true 01 not, but Someone told me the phone itself will work on Verizon but you need to get the ESN registered. I also hear it's near impossible to get it registered. If anyone can corroborate this or debunk it I'd appreciate it.

Verizon has both gsm and cdma radios. Other carrier variants do not have both.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz