Case to add bulk to the note2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably in the minority here, but I would like to add some thickness to this handset. My default case to do this is the Trident Kraken as it offers awesome protection and the company offers great customer service.
I was thinking of maybe trying something new.
If anyone has a case they would like me to try and review for them, leave a post in here. Whichever is the most asked for I will order next week. After some use I'll do a little review and post it. Please no otter box, as there are a zillion reviews of this case all over the internet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting how you want to add bulk to the phone lol. I somewhat agree with you however to the extent that the phone feels a little bit better in the hand with some added bulk. While I am not complaining about the form factore of the device, for the size of the phone its thin (which is good don't get me wrong) but adding that little extra bulk to the device seems to make a little easier to handle.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I started going for big bulky cases as well. For me it just adds grip and doesn't make me worry about it falling on the screen and cracking like my GNex. I have 2 different leather wrap around cases for the phone and probably wouldn't buy anything else. I do take it out of the case when I am reading at home on the couch but other than that, this thing is always wrapped up. Some people think it looks ridiculous, but I don't put much stock in their opinions.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Check out the ballistic cases. They add good heft. Great protection too. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I started going for big bulky cases as well. For me it just adds grip and doesn't make me worry about it falling on the screen and cracking like my GNex. I have 2 different leather wrap around cases for the phone and probably wouldn't buy anything else. I do take it out of the case when I am reading at home on the couch but other than that, this thing is always wrapped up. Some people think it looks ridiculous, but I don't put much stock in their opinions.

I didn't originally look for bulk, but the wrap around case is very nice. Add to that, the kickstand and I like it very much. I would do the extended battery but I like the feel of the wraps also.:D

sent from galaxy note or tab using Tapatalk2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a firm believer in thicker is better to a point. I wish Sammy would have just made the device thicker and put in an even bigger battery. This one is great, but I can't have enough battery.

I'll get a Trident case for sure. I was just wanting to give something else a try and maybe try it before someone who's on the fence about a certain case. Any cases you guys want feedback on that are big/thick you haven't tried?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont have a GN2 yet, but I hope the Urban Armor Gear Cases are out by then. If you have not seen them yet-

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/

Think it would be perfect for your needs. Just not sure how long it will be, the Galaxy Note 2 section says preorder info coming soon...

Here is a Galaxy S3 case pic....
uploadfromtaptalk1357591148291.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont have a GN2 yet, but I hope the Urban Armor Gear Cases are out by then. If you have not seen them yet-

Think it would be perfect for your needs. Just not sure how long it will be, the Galaxy Note 2 section says preorder info coming soon...

View attachment 56035

If you get one review it and lemme know. If be interested in your opinion.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm probably in the minority here, but I would like to add some thickness to this handset. My default case to do this is the Trident Kraken as it offers awesome protection and the company offers great customer service.

Thanks for mentioning them. I hadn't heard of Trident, but my Note 2 now happily had a Trident Aegis. I really like it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning them. I hadn't heard of Trident, but my Note 2 now happily had a Trident Aegis. I really like it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a huge fan of theirs. Otter was a big letdown for me (I know many love their cases, this is my personal preference, no harm intended) so I found them. They're an honest company who makes a good product and supports their customers.
That said I'm always looking for different experiences.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 56035

I just saw this cases product page for the note 2. I'll pick it up and review when it hits "shelves".

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Update : I received the Bear Mountain case today. The seller just shipped ballistic today. Blah.
First impressions of the one I have are mixed.
Seems sturdy enough, could replace my wallet, access to everything is need access to (Spen access could be better), neato landscape kickstandish feature thingy.
Awkward to make a call with, annoying to unsnap the button every time I want to use the device, could do with another credit card slot.
Real review after real use.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I contacted the folks at UAG about a preorder or availability. Going to snag one and post my thoughts.
Bear Mountain case review is coming. If like to spend another day or two with it and see what happens first.

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I contacted the folks at UAG about a preorder or availability. Going to snag one and post my thoughts.
Bear Mountain case review is coming. If like to spend another day or two with it and see what happens first.

I have sent UAG an email but have not heard back from them I REALLY WANT THAT CASE lol

It's a Phone, it's a Tablet, It's a Phablet

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems UAG is available for order now. I'll be putting my order in when I get home.

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the otterbox for my Note 2. I have had an otterbox on every phone that I have owned pretty much. I got the black one, I was hoping for a camouflage case (thats my favorite color) but no dice yet. It adds just enough thickness and grip to feel good in my hand but it also slides easily in an out of my jeans pocket, granted I'm not the type of guy to wear skinny jeans as is the trend now days. But I also do frequently carry it at work on the holster, it makes life a lot easier. I bought it because of my job I work with a lot of dirty greasy electrical gear off of air craft and the black otterbox was the best option for me. I did have it in a belkin flip cover leather case which I definitely enjoyed but it just wasnt sturdy enough for my daily life. Im an outdoorsy guy and I just need good drop protection. Oh yeah did I mention otterbox has a lifetime warranty on their cases? Believe me I have used it MANY times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar