bulletproof screen protector

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Be sure to post a review of it. I saw radio Shack selling similar protectors. Made me curious.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
came today.....like this.......woe is me........bulletproof my arse...not even postman proof :)

20130111_113921.jpg

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
they refunded me as they havent got any more.......i decided for fun to try it anyway, cracks and all.....i was surprised how it goes on to the phone, it doesnt stick to the glass, only the sides of the protector have adhesive on them....and i dont know if it was the crack, but all over the glass the sensitivity was really bad...had to tap everything really hard.

i like the 'idea' of a screen protector like this, as i dont like wallet type covers, i like to have the face of the phone 'open'....and i'm not only scared of it getting scratched, i'm scared of the screen getting cracked after seeing videos of drop tests...so, i dunno what protection is best

SevenThree

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
they refunded me as they havent got any more.......i decided for fun to try it anyway, cracks and all.....i was surprised how it goes on to the phone, it doesnt stick to the glass, only the sides of the protector have adhesive on them....and i dont know if it was the crack, but all over the glass the sensitivity was really bad...had to tap everything really hard.

i like the 'idea' of a screen protector like this, as i dont like wallet type covers, i like to have the face of the phone 'open'....and i'm not only scared of it getting scratched, i'm scared of the screen getting cracked after seeing videos of drop tests...so, i dunno what protection is best

Have you heard of Just Like Glass screen protectors? Theirs are supposed to be really good in terms of hardness.

Here's a huge thread on it if you want to check it out: DBA "Just Like Glass?" Screen Protector - ZAGG Killer? - xda-developers

And here's a YouTube demo: Just Like Glass Screen Protector Demonstration Galaxy Note II - YouTube

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just was thinking..... isn't tempered glass NOT supposed to crack like that?

- - - Updated - - -

I just was thinking..... isn't tempered glass NOT supposed to crack like that?

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, tempered glass is supposed to crumble. Should have suspected something was up from the name, there's no such thing as bulletproof glass.

I'll wait for the Spigen Glas.t for the Note 2 (if they ever make it). Until then I'll stick with the hardened plastics. I don't really have any complaints about the Spigen Ultra.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I also have the spigen ultra oleophobic and it's been great. Although I'm lucky there's two of them in the package since I messed up my first one today!

And here's how I did it! I love the slo-mo on the Note and I was doing some tests rolling an orange towards the phone which was on the ground (don't ask!). Well, the phone fell over on its face which I didn't care about too much since I have a seidio active case and the spigen screen protector. Well there must have been the tiniest piece of gravel that it fell on and left a little divet on the face. Well I hoped it wasn't the actual screen that got the crack so I peeled it back a tiny bit to see and when I layed the protector back down I had a bunch of bubbles / dust.
I shouldve known.
In any case I guess the screen protector did what it needed to do!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair