Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jneusch
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    I just got my Defender today, and like alot of other im having an issue with there being a gap between the phones screen and the screen protector and it not being flush like every other phone ive had an otterbox on.

    Has anyone gotten one that isnt like this?
  2. #2  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    I had this problem on my thunderbolt. I ripped off the otterbox protector and put on a regular one. That's all I can recommend.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

    If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.
  3. #3  
    Secretagnt's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    mine seems to be fine .... got it yesterday from the local corp VZW store
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    This won't help you but the first thing I did was to pop out the screen protector. I installed an SPG Ultra. I did the same thing with my iphone and GS3.


    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Secretagnt View Post
    mine seems to be fine .... got it yesterday from the local corp VZW store

    you dont have the small space between the 2 screens? Like when you press it you can feel the first screen touch the second screen?

    What im thinking is that the first run of these cases weren't made right and that there has been a better batch put out since the initial run. Since i got mine from ATT im sure it has been sitting in the warehouse since they first came out.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    I popped my protector off the case. Once I know a better made batch is out I'll warranty it and try again

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk
  7. #7  
    Secretagnt's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    No. It feels like one screen. They had just come in that day as well.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    Yeah mines is the same way but I sort of dont mind because for me it still works perfectly fine...
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    Yep I got one & not crazy bout it.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    Yep I got one & not crazy bout it.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    I took the screen protector off the otter box & it works better that way. Otterbox said if I took pictures of it & send them all the info they would replace it under warranty. I am afraid I would get the same thing if I sent it in , I read where another guy the same issue on the one otterbox sent him. If I new for sure that a replacement wouldn't have that issue I would probably send the info in.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    I do not see an issue with the small gap at an
    This is my first Smartphone so maybe I am not as fussy as others since I dont have the experience of using it without
    Allgood as far as I am concerned
    2 thumbs Up for Otterbox Defender in my books
    Cheers

    Sent from my GT-N7105T using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    I have the same issue with the screen, my volume rocker is really hard to press compared to the power button as well.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdn2995 View Post
    I have the same issue with the screen, my volume rocker is really hard to press compared to the power button as well.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Mind is to.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    Quote Originally Posted by amcjavelinsst View Post
    I do not see an issue with the small gap at an
    This is my first Smartphone so maybe I am not as fussy as others since I dont have the experience of using it without
    Allgood as far as I am concerned
    2 thumbs Up for Otterbox Defender in my books
    Cheers

    Sent from my GT-N7105T using Android Central Forums
    The problem with the gap is that dust and debris can get stuck in it, on most other phones and otterboxes the screen lays flush with the protectors and the 2 have a nice little bond.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Has Anyone gotten an Otterbox Defender that the screen wasnt messed up?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    I took the screen protector off the otter box & it works better that way. Otterbox said if I took pictures of it & send them all the info they would replace it under warranty. I am afraid I would get the same thing if I sent it in , I read where another guy the same issue on the one otterbox sent him. If I new for sure that a replacement wouldn't have that issue I would probably send the info in.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    I got a email from OtterBox today saying I should receive a new case in about a week.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone tried an Otterbox case for this phone?
    By NastyNeil in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM
  2. Has Anyone Gotten The Official New Market Yet?
    By prjio307 in forum Market Help
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
  3. Has anyone gotten openvpn working on the Tab?
    By Tattersall in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 08:34 PM
  4. Has anyone gotten the sideloading update yet?
    By carp00r85 in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
  5. Has anyone seen an app that talks to Microsoft One Note.
    By Saepak in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

B