Exchanging my note 2 for another one tomorrow, best way to backup everything?...

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am exchanging my note 2 for another one because my home button stopped working. What is the best way for me to backup everything? I mean everything.. I know you can re download the apps again but I would like settings, texts, call log, all of it as if nothing has changed. This will be my first time for an exchange. Suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

bionicman2k

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i actually had to replace my note 2 recently because of a bad external speaker (distortion). i backed up everything to my GMAIL account and when i actually setup my new Note 2, it started to auto download and install all my previous Note 2's apps and settings. whats interesting is i have several Android devices using the same account and it remembered the settings from the last one. pretty cool!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i actually had to replace my note 2 recently because of a bad external speaker (distortion). i backed up everything to my GMAIL account and when i actually setup my new Note 2, it started to auto download and install all my previous Note 2's apps and settings. whats interesting is i have several Android devices using the same account and it remembered the settings from the last one. pretty cool!

I had the same experience when I had to exchange mine on the 24th. I don't think the call logs and SMS threads backed up though. If that's important Kies might be the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday. Backing up to google sounds good, I almost have everything set as I want it. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to enable, or run a backup to the google account etc?

Thanks in advance,

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I am exchanging my note 2 for another one because my home button stopped working. What is the best way for me to backup everything? I mean everything.. I know you can re download the apps again but I would like settings, texts, call log, all of it as if nothing has changed. This will be my first time for an exchange. Suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

nandroid to external SD, then restore from the nandroid once you get your replacement. That would be my opinion anyways.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I was able to restore pretty much everything except one important file. My need for speed game progress. I had gotten pretty far too now i have to start all over. I copied the cache files over to my sd card and after it reinstalled it, I copied it back over to where I originally got it and yet it still didn't move resume to where I left off. :( anyone know exactly what files I needed? Not just for this game but for any important stuff that you don't want to lose at that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7