1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Error Posting Comment" since Facebook for Android's newest update

Hi guys, is anyone else experiencing this?

I keep getting the "Error Posting Comment" message in Facebook for Android (latest version) whenever I try to reply to something FROM a notification; also, whenever I get this error, whatever I had typed in, disappears. If I go to the same status but opening directly from my timeline, the comment posts OK.

Also, I've noticed that the text box acts weird. When trying to reply from a notification (which spawns the error), the text in the text box looks grayed out and if I try to select it to copy it (you know, because if the error appears it deletes whatever you had spent time writing) it doesn't let you select any text... The text box in the status comment page directly from the timeline is fine, with normal text and the ability to select/copy/paste text in...

It's really annoying because it won't let me reply directly from a notification and if I try, whatever I had written is lost

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default Re: "Error Posting Comment" since Facebook for Android's newest update

I got this too. I had to go to my computer every time I wanted to reply.

It's not your phone. It's the FB app. It is complete garbage. I had tons of issues with each update on my razr. The coding is awful on it

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

yea i got this before
    i restarrd modem and cleared ram, i was gud to go and satrted posting again
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Has anyone found a solution? I've tried clearing cache, clearing data, uninstall/reinstall... the only thing I haven't tried (and won't on behalf of a single app) is factory restore...

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

I bloody hate the FB app. It's slowly getting better but it still is garbage.

I have to go in and clear sessions regularly or nothing loads, can't reply, etc etc. Really annoying. If I can I just use my PC because it's so bad. Sometimes trying to go in with my phone's browser makes it worse!

That said I think FB has been acting rather stupid in general lately. They must be rolling out updates. I noticed some group pages were acting up last week, posts where not showing up in the timelines.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

Smile Re: "Error Posting Comment" since Facebook for Android's newest update

For me what works is not to reply to the notification. Go to your page or wherever to comment is, click on it and reply manually. Work on my Galaxy , still annoying, keep forgetting and having to retype the message.

SebFry is Right. Replying in a notification doesn't work. Replying directly on the post by going to the posters page and commenting works. Just tried it. It was killing me. Now i know is an fb bug. For a minute i was wondering if it was a mobile carrier proxy issue.