new text message lock screen notification

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
when i get a new text it shows on the lock screen as symbol......but is there a way to see a preview of the text...a la iphone....be very handy when driving.

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
tried all of the suggestions....thank you....but still had issues.

the nearest i came, or in theory, was lockerpro lockscreen........ but had two issues.....let me also add here that i have rooted and this was the full version......the notifications on it were not updating, i.e. i would send a text and it wouldnt update to show it...also, sometimes it wouldnt come on with the phone, touchwiz was over-riding it still, but that didnt happen all the time...then when it would come on it would flash to the touchwiz lockscreen for a split second before getting to the homescreen making an ugly transition....i also thought about changing launchers which i need to ask about..i was looking at nova and apex..but my confusion was two things....1. to my understanding touchwiz sits on top of stock jelly bean, so would nova or apex sit on top of touchwiz sitting on top of jelly bean ?? 2. i have all my apps laid out in folders on the homescreens perfect....could i try another launcher and then go back to touchwiz and would everything be as i had it before, apps in correct folders ??

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Use handcent for the sms popup feature. Personally i hate it so i don't know how good or bad it is i shut it off right away.

But if you like that sort of thing give it a shot.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
You could use Enhanced Caller ID to have it read your text messages and email while driving.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: