N7100 4.1.2 update?

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
4.1.2 update for the international version was mentioned late last year with some sightings in European countries. How about those of us in the States? I've been waiting for the update, and wondering if anyone has idea when it's going to be available here.

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've read a couple articles that say US gets it sometime this month.....But we'll have to wait and see how accurate that is. :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

paan91_haddy

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
got update 4.1.2 for my note 2 last week. the phone from vodafone ireland. i just want to ask that, does anyone have problem with smart stay after the update? it not properly work on my phone after update. anyone?

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
got update 4.1.2 yesterday. somehow mine took a few months since others got to receive the update. I'd been checking updates with no luck until then. Odd...

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I read some articles that claimed 4.1.2 drained the battery noticeably faster, so they were working on a fix before rolling it out to other markets. Maybe they've solved the problem since it looks like people are receiving the update. However, I have yet to see it in Russia. Younjulius and paan91, have you noticed any negative effects from the update?

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the update a few days back. Not sure what was the point of is as my phone seems the same to be honest.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any difference either other than the ripple effect on the lock screen. Still, feels good to be up-to-date. Now, where is my 4.2.1? :)

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I read some articles that claimed 4.1.2 drained the battery noticeably faster, so they were working on a fix before rolling it out to other markets. Maybe they've solved the problem since it looks like people are receiving the update...
I got my update yesterday and it seems that my battery now drains twice as fast...

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
got update 4.1.2 for my note 2 last week. the phone from vodafone ireland. i just want to ask that, does anyone have problem with smart stay after the update? it not properly work on my phone after update. anyone?

I know on Sprint in the us, the smart stay icon stays on, and causes the battery to drain faster, unless you disable smart stay and smart rotation.. some have reported the drain going away after a few charge cycles, others reporting a factory reset.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network