s pen settings

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the note 2 user digest the other night and was going through it. I came upon the song where if your s pen is it off range of the phone, your phone will alert you. Well after s few attempts with no success I grief to go to settings and switch my s pen settings and could not find s pen settings. Anyone else experience this or know how to find s pen settings?

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I never got it to work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mine worked ONE time and that was it...and only AFTER I slapped the pen on a table...before that it never worked. Apparently it works for most people or else there would be a lot of rumblings about it. I posted that mine didn't work weeks ago and everyone just told me how to turn it on; but mine has been checked from day one. It's a great feature, I just wish it would work!

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it to work. It wants to do lots of walking or swinging (now, now) before it goes off.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mines not working either. S Pen Keeper is checked ? Is there anything else to do ? Im near sure it did work before.
Not that I know of...it is a GREAT feature, and almost a necessary one; I'd hate to leave my S-Pen laying around somewhere and walk off. It seems like most people haven't tried it yet, and when they do, it doesn't work...is this a Verizon or Samsung issue?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine, within the same room. I haven't measured the distance, but it definitely works when I'm ROUGHLY 12 feet away. I didn't get out a tape measure,. :)

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tried mine again...this time I shook it and it came on? That is so strange. Dave's works...try your wife's and see if her's works as well; that is, if she lets you use hers, ha!

cobaltmarie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and did some dogging around the forums. It turns out that this feature is not what most believe it is - it's not a proximity sensor.

When it is enabled it simply calculates that if the phone is jostled around and the s-pen is not inserted that you are picking up the phone and leaving the stylus behind.

Try picking up your phone and shaking it a little without the s-pen inserted and it should trigger it if the alert is enabled.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech