Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default s pen settings

    So I downloaded the note 2 user digest the other night and was going through it. I came upon the song where if your s pen is it off range of the phone, your phone will alert you. Well after s few attempts with no success I grief to go to settings and switch my s pen settings and could not find s pen settings. Anyone else experience this or know how to find s pen settings?
  2. #2  
    rkeenan's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Go to Settings > S Pen > and make sure the option that says "S Pen Keeper" is checked.
  3. #3  
    rkeenan's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

    Default Re: s pen settings

    S Pen setting is near the bottom of the settings menu. You have to scroll down to get to it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Lol I know not there im going to do a reset and see if that helps
  5. #5  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    I never got it to work.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  6. #6  
    rkeenan's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Mine works after being more than 10 feet away from the pen
  7. #7  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I never got it to work.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Mine worked ONE time and that was it...and only AFTER I slapped the pen on a table...before that it never worked. Apparently it works for most people or else there would be a lot of rumblings about it. I posted that mine didn't work weeks ago and everyone just told me how to turn it on; but mine has been checked from day one. It's a great feature, I just wish it would work!
    Cory
  8. #8  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Finally got it to work. It wants to do lots of walking or swinging (now, now) before it goes off.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Mines not working either. S Pen Keeper is checked ? Is there anything else to do ? Im near sure it did work before.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Quote Originally Posted by acefutura View Post
    Mines not working either. S Pen Keeper is checked ? Is there anything else to do ? Im near sure it did work before.
    Not that I know of...it is a GREAT feature, and almost a necessary one; I'd hate to leave my S-Pen laying around somewhere and walk off. It seems like most people haven't tried it yet, and when they do, it doesn't work...is this a Verizon or Samsung issue?
    Cory
  11. #11  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Mine works fine, within the same room. I haven't measured the distance, but it definitely works when I'm ROUGHLY 12 feet away. I didn't get out a tape measure,.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    I just tried mine again...this time I shook it and it came on? That is so strange. Dave's works...try your wife's and see if her's works as well; that is, if she lets you use hers, ha!
    Cory
  13. #13  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    I had the same issue and did some dogging around the forums. It turns out that this feature is not what most believe it is - it's not a proximity sensor.

    When it is enabled it simply calculates that if the phone is jostled around and the s-pen is not inserted that you are picking up the phone and leaving the stylus behind.

    Try picking up your phone and shaking it a little without the s-pen inserted and it should trigger it if the alert is enabled.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    My luck still dont work.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    YES Got it working after watching this clip on You Tube How to trigger S-Pen Keeper on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube! I did not know the screen had to be off to work ???? Silly Me
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I just tried mine again...this time I shook it and it came on? That is so strange. Dave's works...try your wife's and see if her's works as well; that is, if she lets you use hers, ha!
    Ok, tried it again and it did not work, even shaking it...
    Cory
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Yeah finally fixed restart and boom note is flawlessly.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Quote Originally Posted by acefutura View Post
    YES Got it working after watching this clip on You Tube How to trigger S-Pen Keeper on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube! I did not know the screen had to be off to work ???? Silly Me
    My screen was off when I "shook" it...definitely should be a prox device...you could easily leave it and walk off, the way it sometimes works now.
    Cory
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 
  19. #19  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Quote Originally Posted by keithb2real View Post
    Yeah finally fixed restart and boom note is flawlessly.
    What happens when you do a reset? DO you lose all of your settings?
    Cory
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    oops im sorry for late response but yeah all of my settings were gone afterwards.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltmarie View Post
    I had the same issue and did some dogging around the forums. It turns out that this feature is not what most believe it is - it's not a proximity sensor.

    When it is enabled it simply calculates that if the phone is jostled around and the s-pen is not inserted that you are picking up the phone and leaving the stylus behind.

    Try picking up your phone and shaking it a little without the s-pen inserted and it should trigger it if the alert is enabled.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    that does not make mine go off....i have to walk away quite a ways before it goes off...
  22. #22  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Is there anyone else that instinctively turns the pen around to erase stuff, I surprised every time that it doesn't work
  23. #23  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    I would never ever admit that I ever did such a silly thing (Don't worry the habit dies soon enough)
  24. #24  

    Default Re: s pen settings

    Quote Originally Posted by richard hodge View Post
    Is there anyone else that instinctively turns the pen around to erase stuff, I surprised every time that it doesn't work

    Get this & you'll actually be able to do it!

    S Pen W/ Eraser (8PI), Black

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM
  2. Dock Settings?
    By ibdoomed in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 05:22 PM
  3. Setting ring tones?
    By mclarryjr in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 11:37 AM
  4. how to set up multiple gmail account???
    By ddarvish#IM in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
  5. Call Settings Error
    By kobalt9 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 06:31 AM

Posting Permissions