Note 2 vs. Galaxy s3 vs. iPhone 5 - Which camera is the best?

orl2008

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello there AndroidCentral forums,
I want to buy a new phone, and I am thinking over 3 major devices, which are:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
iPhone 5

As I understood, the s3 and the note 2, both have the same camera, sensor and lens.
Right now, I don't have all the devices next to me, in order to test them, so I am asking you androidcentral, which camera is the best between those 3 smartphones.

P.S.
Somehow, photos look really great on the iPhone, especially, when it comes to taking pictures at night / low light conditions, such as clubs, night pubs, etc. (Although I didn't compare it to the s3 or note 2 yet).
Any explanation to that? Does it has something to do with the sensor / lens?

By the way, I did search on the internet first, there is no clear answer, some say iPhone 5, some say S3, some say Note 2.

Thanks you very much,
orl2008.

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Checking them out hands on at the store is your best bet ! I think a perk with the iPhone's camera is that the tap to focus can make up close images really really sharp. I haven't used the camera on the iPhone 5, just the 4S; however, i use a Note 2 now and i think the camera is just great so far.

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone camera is the best without a doubt... although the Note 2 and S3's cameras are decent and very close. Photos might SEEM more pixelated on the note 2 because of the larger screen. The iPhone does, however, take a lot better low light photos because it goes to ISO 3200 whereas the Note 2 and S3 only go to ISO 800. (Huge difference). But we have flash for close up low light situations.

SevenThree

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
From my experiences, the iPhone 5's camera is a bit better.

Funny enough, I posted this picture on Instagram and my boy (who owns an iPhone 5) was impressed by the camera.
tDhWJ.jpg

So I guess it's all a matter of getting the right settings, proper lighting, etc.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The Iphone is marginally better so you should make a choice based on which hardware you prefer.
For me the note 2 is far superior to the Iphone 5 and worth the small difference in the photos I may take.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 5 is better for sure. But it also has a way better screen as well so it looks even better on the phone. That's about all it has that I like

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 5 is better for sure. But it also has a way better screen as well so it looks even better on the phone. That's about all it has that I like

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I personally think the Note's screen is better, the colors are extremely bright and vibrant also its a higher res screen. Am i missing something? Honestly just curious

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The pictures you take on the note 2 will look a slight tad lower resolution because of the bigger screen it's being shown on. Try this, zoom out of the photo until it's the same size as you would see on an iPhone, it suddenly becomes a lot clearer

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
From my experiences, the iPhone 5's camera is a bit better.

Funny enough, I posted this picture on Instagram and my boy (who owns an iPhone 5) was impressed by the camera.
http://i.imgur.com/tDhWJ.jpg

So I guess it's all a matter of getting the right settings, proper lighting, etc.

Forgot to mention that is a sexy Ferrari.

I would say the iPhone has a better camera and screen......
Screens test, part 2: Galaxy Note 2 vs. Apple iPhone 5 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

The Note 2 screen is a tad over saturated but looks very good in some conditions.... I'm happy with it!

Interesting article! I guess i am a tad biased being an ex iPhone user and a current Android user.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22