**you have 1 hour to respond**

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Apple has played white out, Also if your not putting a case on it your asking for a bad ending, a few members on this forum have already dropped and broken their phones that didnt have cases.
I never had an Apple product, so white is new to me. I do have a case on mine but it doesn't cover the area around the screen. I can see plenty of white. I guess it's subjective. It's all good. The OP probably isn't much better off now than he was before he posted. :confused:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I never had an Apple product, so white is new to me. I do have a case on mine but it doesn't cover the area around the screen. I can see plenty of white. I guess it's subjective. It's all good. The OP probably isn't much better off now than he was before he posted. :confused:

Awesome. I went with the brushed metal look on my sgs 3, not bad, but I have been there done that if you will. Had to mix it up. It is all subjective. Uness you are male, female, party harder, professional, of couse:eek:

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, at least with the white one, you can start more conversations when people ask if they can look at your new iPad Mini.........

I get asked that a lot right after I got mine and it's the grey one.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, at least with the white one, you can start more conversations when people ask if they can look at your new iPad Mini.........

I get asked that a lot right after I got mine and it's the grey one.

LOL... I've gotten that reactions too! "is that a mini iPad?"

I have the white one and like how it looks more then the grey one which to me looks boring and plain big phone. If you're not a "flashy" person the grey color is for you!;)

BTW- I'm a 40yr old male

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I decided to go with the white one... There will be a case on it so only the front will be visable. Here was some of my reasoning if it helps anyone out in the future:

FOR WHITE
The captive buttons do have a little light bleed but I actually like the glow it gives
I have never owned a white phone and it really pops
The details of the phone stand out more
It looks bigger than it actually is

AGAINST WHITE
Only the expensive Samsung HDMI dock comes in white (I am OCD like that)
There is a definate distinction between where the screen ends and where the case begins

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the gray, wish I had white. Not sure why. Guess it's the fact that every phone I've had was a dark color.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the gray, wish I had white. Not sure why. Guess it's the fact that every phone I've had was a dark color.

exactly why I got the white the other day. SO happy I went with white, wouldnt change anything. Plus I like the looks of the black/white cases with the white bezel. ;) I think the OP made the right choice. At first I was worried about the white bezel for watching movies etc, (big home theater guy and i would never mask my screen wall with WHITE since you will lose the POP effect, BUT doesnt happen with this phone. Its perfect to me)

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey it's all opinion.

My opinion is that the hideous light bleed on the capacitive buttons would guarantee I'd never pick white. Not to mention it looks far too much like an iDerp device.

But to each his own.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Agreed as well. I have my cap button's light turned off totally and would with any phone. Glad the option is there.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
exactly why I got the white the other day. SO happy I went with white, wouldnt change anything. Plus I like the looks of the black/white cases with the white bezel. ;) I think the OP made the right choice. At first I was worried about the white bezel for watching movies etc, (big home theater guy and i would never mask my screen wall with WHITE since you will lose the POP effect, BUT doesnt happen with this phone. Its perfect to me)

I am the same way, small stuff like my charger and usb cable not matching the color of my phone or a mismatched dock would just irritate me to no end. Gotta stay fresh:D

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I know you're talking Note 2 here, but I have the white GS3 and although I absolutely LOVE the Blue color, I bought mine used for a good price and I have loved the white so far. It's different. And although it does subtly remind you and others of iDevices, it still looks amazing. I also love the light bleed effect. To me it looks almost intentional even though I know it isn't, and it looks cool. I absolutely LOVE the light bleed on the notification light because it gives it a 'fading out' effect instead of one small piercing stab of light.

My brother has the Gray Note 2, and it is an incredible looking piece of hardware, but a guy I know in my neighborhood has the white one, and I prefer the white. The good news is, if different people buy different colors, it will encourage Samsung to continue offering various colors on their future devices. Thank heavens we all don't like the same exact thing eh?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey it's all opinion.

My opinion is that the hideous light bleed on the capacitive buttons would guarantee I'd never pick white. Not to mention it looks far too much like an iDerp device.

But to each his own.

I never noticed the light bleed until today and for my phone you practically have to be sitting in a totally dark room to see it so for me it's NOT an issue.

I had a white OG Evo and loved it. My coworker has an Icrap and my phone looks nothing like it. My phone is over 2x the size of her tiny little phone.