Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Default **you have 1 hour to respond**

On my way to the Verizon store in 1 hour...

I have finally decided to pull the trigger on an GN2 but the color choice is killing me. I think I actually like the white better but subconsciously I have a mental block that white = iThing so I am drawn towards the brushed gray. I have held both in my hands for 10 minutes and the white looks bigger and has more of a look at me factor but I also like the subdued feel of the gray not being so in your face. I know only I can decide but I have 2 questions:

1) For those with the white how well does it hold up to not looking dirty and grimy

2) For anyone who has picked one color and regretted it which did you pick and why did you regret it.

Default Re: **you have 1 hour to respond**

I have the white one and I love it. It looks the same as the day I got it. IMHO the grey one looks just like any other phone except for the size, but the white one stands out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I have grey. Grey looks more manly imo. Like holding a piece of steel in your hand. White is more dainty. Almost all the women I know that have smart phones go white. White seems to be the go to choice for women. What does it matter in the long run cuz you will probably cover it up with a case. I know I did. Im not made of money and cant go and buy a new phone anytime I want.

I'm a woman and I chose the Titanium. I like the steel look of it.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JellyBean

I have white, grey is professional looking.
    Does not get dirty because it is glossy.
    You can always get a flip cover. I have an orange one, so some days I have an orange phone

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

White looks best! So clean and pretty

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums
    shikhar623 likes this.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I didnt mean to generalize that all women like the white, its just my perception of women in my local area with white iphones.

I'm a woman and I have gray, and yes, it's partly because I still associate white with Apple products. Also I just love the grey metallic look.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I have white. I am hoping when people look at me they can tell my gender and professionalism, or lack there of by how I present myself. Not the color of my watch or shoes or phone lol. What did ya get?
    I associate iOS with apple products, but that is just me

Quote Originally Posted by jopela View Post
    On my way to the Verizon store in 1 hour...

I have finally decided to pull the trigger on an GN2 but the color choice is killing me. I think I actually like the white better but subconsciously I have a mental block that white = iThing so I am drawn towards the brushed gray. I have held both in my hands for 10 minutes and the white looks bigger and has more of a look at me factor but I also like the subdued feel of the gray not being so in your face. I know only I can decide but I have 2 questions:

1) For those with the white how well does it hold up to not looking dirty and grimy

2) For anyone who has picked one color and regretted it which did you pick and why did you regret it.
    I am not a Note 2 owner, YET.....hope to be in the next couple months and that is my same problem (I know, such a problem), picking the color, as I do like both......for some reason I agree that I think the eye is drawn to the White so much more, and there is just a special look to it, but I too worry about the 'dirty', 'showing scratches', factors. I think the grey is 'safe', wont show dirt or age, but perhaps a more common color as I plan on having this phone for almost 2 years. Wish I could create a Poll in this forum to see how many chose White or Grey

Mar

I think grey looks very professional. I disagree with those that said the grey looks like every other phone. I haven't seen too many phones with the brushed metal look. White is trendy IMO. I feel like white might go out of style in 6 months and you would be out of luck.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

I'd pick the grey over white as well. White is ok, but i still prefer grey. I suggest go with what you're liking. They both will work the same way...
    If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

1: The Titanium looks awesome. The brushed metal look it has is the best I've seen yet.
    2: I didn't want my phone to look like an "iNote 2"
    3: You're most likely going to get a case for it anyway which covers 95% of the phone anyway.

I quickly skimmed through this thread and didn't see this mentioned so I thought it would be an excellent idea to point it out:

On the White Galaxy Note 2 the capacitive Menu and Back buttons have substantial light bleeding in a circle around the actual cut-through area. Basically, the plastic lights up in a filled ring around the buttons. The Titanium variant does not have this at all.

For that alone, I would go with the Titanium.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    I quickly skimmed through this thread and didn't see this mentioned so I thought it would be an excellent idea to point it out:

On the White Galaxy Note 2 the capacitive Menu and Back buttons have substantial light bleeding in a circle around the actual cut-through area. Basically, the plastic lights up in a filled ring around the buttons. The Titanium variant does not have this at all.

I noticed that in the store comparing the colors. I kinda like the little glow lol.

Getting over geting bent out of shape about color, who really cares. Get what appeals to you, not me

Whatever you decided, hopefully you got the note 2! You have been gone forever ha ha.....

TheOtherBill likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I should also quickly note you get a little LED glow as well. Kinda bleeds onto the periphery, love it or hate it.

The Titanium Gray looks professional like what everybody says... The Marble White is like a party phone IMO...
    I chose the Gray 'cause it looks real nice with a steel look and it makes the screen looks bigger when watching your media...

So what did u go with?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    I have the white one and I love it. It looks the same as the day I got it. IMHO the grey one looks just like any other phone except for the size, but the white one stands out.

Apple has played white out, Also if your not putting a case on it your asking for a bad ending, a few members on this forum have already dropped and broken their phones that didnt have cases.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post

Wow, thank you for that very important information that could be a big deal.....that may have clinched my decision when the time comes (hurry up, I want this phone sooooo bad!)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Margie - Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Quote Originally Posted by rexxcastle View Post
    Apple has played white out, Also if your not putting a case on it your asking for a bad ending, a few members on this forum have already dropped and broken their phones that didnt have cases.
    I never had an Apple product, so white is new to me. I do have a case on mine but it doesn't cover the area around the screen. I can see plenty of white. I guess it's subjective. It's all good. The OP probably isn't much better off now than he was before he posted.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I wonder what he went with??

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Johnly and MERCDROID like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    I never had an Apple product, so white is new to me. I do have a case on mine but it doesn't cover the area around the screen. I can see plenty of white. I guess it's subjective. It's all good. The OP probably isn't much better off now than he was before he posted.

Awesome. I went with the brushed metal look on my sgs 3, not bad, but I have been there done that if you will. Had to mix it up. It is all subjective. Uness you are male, female, party harder, professional, of couse

Well, at least with the white one, you can start more conversations when people ask if they can look at your new iPad Mini.........

I get asked that a lot right after I got mine and it's the grey one.
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer
    corki2 and SevenThree like this.

Thumbs up Re: **you have 1 hour to respond**

Quote Originally Posted by johnmcd348 View Post
    Well, at least with the white one, you can start more conversations when people ask if they can look at your new iPad Mini.........

I get asked that a lot right after I got mine and it's the grey one.
    LOL... I've gotten that reactions too! "is that a mini iPad?"

I have the white one and like how it looks more then the grey one which to me looks boring and plain big phone. If you're not a "flashy" person the grey color is for you!

BTW- I'm a 40yr old male
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast