OEM Charger?

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Looking through accessories on the Samsung website, I see a 1A travel charger, but isn't the charger that comes with the Note II a 2A charger? Where can I buy a spare OEM charger? Seems odd that one isn't available for purchase...

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 1a charger you speak of. I had to get the 50% off before it expired. It works juet fine. It also is a straight rip off from a design standpoint from the iphone charger. The only difference it is solid black. It also only has a 3 foot cable.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Looking through accessories on the Samsung website, I see a 1A travel charger, but isn't the charger that comes with the Note II a 2A charger? Where can I buy a spare OEM charger? Seems odd that one isn't available for purchase...

Can't. Sammy hasn't released it yet for aftermarket sale. Not sure why.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the Samsung OEM spare battery charger desk thing? Maybe the charger cable for that is 2a.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the Samsung OEM spare battery charger desk thing? Maybe the charger cable for that is 2a.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I have it and it is a regular travel charger that plugs into it. .7 or .8 as I recall. The nexus 7 OEM charger is a 2A charger but the charging cord is really short...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Because as long as the volts are right it will still charge albeit a little slower. The amp rating only describes the charging rate and how strong the wall or inverter must be to charge at normal rate.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm aware. When you're dealing with spare batteries they should be charging as fast as the phone. If it takes more than six hours to charge your spare battery, it's probably not going to be all that beneficial.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
6 hours should do it overnight, and it's pretty hard to drain the other one (which should be freshly charged) in that short of a time period. But if you have to do it faster, just take the 2A charger that came with the phone and use that with the charging cradle. I have a 2A for the car also, not expensive at all.

BTW, the Galaxy Note? II Smart Dock (part #EDD-S20JWEGSTA) does come with a 2A wallwart.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
So, where will you be at when you need to charge a battery, not typically at home I think. Hence a .7a charge rate lets you charge basically anywhere. Usb ports in most cars are not 2 amps. Most usb ports are not 2a. I think thats the point of not using 2 amp in the charger. It gives the user more freedom to charge from more locations. Btw my father has a usb solar charger the is the same size as a phone. It allows us to charge while camping I can guarantee you its not 2 amp.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
6 hours should do it overnight, and it's pretty hard to drain the other one (which should be freshly charged) in that short of a time period. But if you have to do it faster, just take the 2A charger that came with the phone and use that with the charging cradle. I have a 2A for the car also, not expensive at all.

BTW, the Galaxy Note? II Smart Dock (part #EDD-S20JWEGSTA) does come with a 2A wallwart.

Ingress :p

howserow

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
6 hours should do it overnight, and it's pretty hard to drain the other one (which should be freshly charged) in that short of a time period. But if you have to do it faster, just take the 2A charger that came with the phone and use that with the charging cradle. I have a 2A for the car also, not expensive at all..

I have a 2amp charger for the car but it doesn't charge nearly as fast as the white outlet piece that came with the device

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2amp charger for the car but it doesn't charge nearly as fast as the white outlet piece that came with the device

exactly. There are plenty of 2A chargers for cheap on Amazon/ebay/etc., however, I'm reluctant to spend money on something that isn't OEM and I don't know for sure will charge just like the one that came with the phone. At least the battery life is really good on this phone so I'm not in dire need of one right now.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Be careful. a lot (not all) of the multiport chargers might list a 2A total, but only deliver 1A to each port. Sneaky.
There is a good explanation of this here: Amazon.com: K. Crawford's review: Amperage claims a bit deceptive
On this particular unit one of the ports will deliver 2A, the other won't. But it's better than most.

I've never actually measured the amp draw on my charger, for all we know the Samsung could really be doing 2.1 and another 1.9 (or vice versa), they could both be rated 2A but have different charging times.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You can get the 2a oem from eBay for ten bucks...

there are way too many *fake* OEM parts on Ebay for me personally. I'm not going to risk my Note II with some knock-off charger to save a few bucks. I'm just glad Samsung is now selling it directly for folks like me who want genuine parts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey