Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is There Any Way To get Rid Of That Slide Out Tray On The Side Of The Note 2?

It obscures stuff we want to see on the main screen. And it's really pointless and redundant anyway. Anything in there is already on one home screen or another.

HELP
    DAS

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Default Re: Is There Any Way To get Rid Of That Slide Out Tray On The Side Of The Note 2?

Long press the back button for about two seconds and it will go away. Long press the back button and will return whenever you need it.

Default Re: Is There Any Way To get Rid Of That Slide Out Tray On The Side Of The Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    It obscures stuff we want to see on the main screen. And it's really pointless and redundant anyway. Anything in there is already on one home screen or another.

HELP
    You can also get rid of it under setting-display-multi window. This gets rid of it all the time until you check the box again.
    Thanked by:

That called Multi Window

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Theres also a multi window toggle in the notification bar you can switch on and off. Well on the verizon one there is, not positive of the other variants.
    Thanked by 2:

Duh. I did not even realize that. Thanks!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you all. It's so good to know that you experts are always around to ask for advice.

Much appreciated!

Thank you!!

Thank you!!!

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightscape View Post
    Theres also a multi window toggle in the notification bar you can switch on and off. Well on the verizon one there is, not positive of the other variants.
    Ohhhhhh cool I never noticed this before.. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Android phone history:
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail (r00ted)>ZTE Warp>Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM)

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Long press the back button for about two seconds and it will go away. Long press the back button and will return whenever you need it.
    Thanks a lot that was really helpful.

Thanks!

Thanks to all for help with this feature.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

You could also hold the tab and move it around the screen to get it away from the numbers on the keyboard....

Thank You so much this is such an annoying feature and now it is Gone... !!!

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Its not annoying. It lets you run 2 apps at the same time side by side.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Its not annoying. It lets you run 2 apps at the same time side by side.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    I wish if I had say YouTube open I can just slide another app onto it to get split screen but for me I have to have to start with a blank screen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

thank you ..... thank you ... thank you !!!!!! That side bar was so annoying !!!!!

Thanks for that help. So easy to fix too!