First time Uploading to Youtube, Now Google+ is sucking my battery! Why?

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I uploaded a video for the first time to Youtube through my phones gmail account, and it only took a few minutes. But 4 hours later I notice my battery is draining and Google+ is the culprit!

I tried internet searches, etc, to find the solution, but I can't figure it out.

Some people say sign out of Google+, but I'm not even signed in! Some say uninstall, but I can't {I think it's bloatware).

Any ideas on where I should look to stop this battery drain?

And can I assume it was because of the Youtube upload that it started?

Thanks all...

TonyTha1AndOnly

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure it's because G+ is syncing your Instant Uploads (which not only includes photos, but videos too). You may want to untick that setting and see if it has any effect.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Go in your Google+ and press Menu... then Settings.

That's the weird part - I don't have a Google plus account. When I click on Google plus it asks me to choose an account.

And if I go to accounts and choose my main account it has sync photos deselected.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with battery drain, so I turned off notifications in Google +. Just like that I was back to very good battery life.

I left instant upload on because in my case the culprit was the excessive notifications every time somebody posted anything.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357686029826.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357686029826.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 49

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with battery drain, so I turned off notifications in Google +. Just like that I was back to very good battery life.

I left instant upload on because in my case the culprit was the excessive notifications every time somebody posted anything.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

But I don't even have Google plus running! I ended up disabling it so I'll see how that works.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
But I don't even have Google plus running! I ended up disabling it so I'll see how that works.

Do you use an app that tells you which app or what is draining the batt. If so what is it called? I just turned notification off on Google+ and I have for the most part disabled all the ATT apps. Im on a 1317 from AT&T

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Since I didn't have a Google+ account to begin with, I just disabled the Google+ app:

Menu
Settings
Application Manager
Google+
Uninstall updates
Disable

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
did that seem to solve the problem?

Yes, I think so!!

Google+ no longer shows up when I look at Battery Usage. And this time yesterday (about 1pm), I was at about 25% left. So far today I am still at 63%.

So I think that did it. We'll see how much battery I have at the end of the day today!

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I am hearing what you're asking, but the numbers equal +1's, similar to fbook likes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Sorry I wasn't clear. What I meant was when you go to Google+ and do a Check-In (ex: home, work, restaurant, etc..), you get a point or 2 for checking-in... Just wondering what is the purpose of that point system???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza