Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: Anyone like scratches?

Some people like to use screen protectors, some don't. Those of you who do have good reasons for doing so - prevention of scratches being high on your priority list. Those of us who don't have good reasons also - we can't stand the tactile sensation of plastic covers on our glass screens, plus we'd rather have no scratches than scratches all the time (because every protector scratches, in my experience, and quickly).

No answer is right for everyone. Why do we have people arguing about this? Use the doggone things or don't, but just shut up.

If my phone (or any of my devices, for that matter) gets scratched, I scream and cry like a little girl.

My poor 1X is scratched on the screen and camera lens, and my N7 has a nasty scratch that's noticeable especially when the screen is on (it distorts colors).

I wish I could be like you and not care OP

I love my Note 2 but I hate scratches and cracks more.

Scratches make the screen more vulnerable to shattering.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Corning Video -This is why you want a screen protector

From the mouth of corning. Scratches can make your glass more vulnerable to cracks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Some people like to use screen protectors, some don't. Those of you who do have good reasons for doing so - prevention of scratches being high on your priority list. Those of us who don't have good reasons also - we can't stand the tactile sensation of plastic covers on our glass screens, plus we'd rather have no scratches than scratches all the time (because every protector scratches, in my experience, and quickly).

No answer is right for everyone. Why do we have people arguing about this? Use the doggone things or don't, but just shut up.
    Nobody is actually arguing on this subject we are just having a polite discussion, well that was until you came on here telling people to shut up!

You really brought something to this discussion well done you
    zmann and Tokio_Love like this.

Really, shut up? Who died and made you king. It is a friendly discussion.

love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethkilo View Post
    I guess I'm just some weirdo... but I love using my phone completely naked. Anything on top of it including a screen protector ruins the feel of the original design and also the weight. I had the iPhone 5, used it naked, and now the GN2 and I'm using it naked. It feels amazingly light and because I have big hands, it feels great to hold and like a normal sized phone. So... Moving on, I actually like scratches. I believe they give my phone character. I have scratches on my screen and you can't feel them or see them when the screen is on so I don't mind at all. Anyone like me using the phone naked and doesn't actually mind scratches because they actually add individuality to the phone?
    P.S. I don't care about resale value, android in general does not have a very good resale value, +with all these 1080p displays coming out no one is going to look back in a year or two for these 720p screens.
    I'm glad I found this post because I do feel the same way about using the phone as is. I have a Nexus 4 and I love it. I think it really it is a gorgeous piece of phone... when it's fresh out of the box. I've had mine for over a month now and I've dropped it several times on the floor of the house and once at the mall. The glass is still intact. No cracks or nicks anywhere but the front and back panels have got scratches all over them. Some deep and some just surface scratches. I have a cheap case that I don't use because it covers up the back and the bumper from Google that adds width to the phone and makes one handed use annoying. I know I have no one to blame but myself because I don't use protection but I just can't help it. It's a pet peeve I guess. I'm hoping the screen protectors I ordered come in soon. But if it gets too much worse I'll prob just order a replacement screen later on.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Naked is the best way, however, when you buy Maui Jim sunglasses it comes with a lens cleaning cloth microfiber pouch. So... my pooch goes in its pouch, and when I need it the GN2 comes out glistening clean.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Really, shut up? Who died and made you king. It is a friendly discussion.

You're certainly entitled to talk about whatever you like here. Just seems like most of these discussions are pretty pointless. I doubt anyone has been persuaded to either start using, or cease using, screen protectors as a result of them. I'm annoyed mostly by those who say things like, "it's stupid not to use them." One can have valid reasons for using them or for not using them.

Perhaps I should have been more careful in my comment, I'll acknowledge that. Shut up or don't, as you like.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

To replace the glass screen only is like 30$, so if I don't drop it and only have tiny scratches, then I'll just replace the glass part once it gets to the point that it does affect the screen while the screen is on. And to whoever said I was trying to make myself feel better, wouldn't I be using a case or a screen protector after my first scratch...?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethkilo View Post
    To replace the glass screen only is like 30$, so if I don't drop it and only have tiny scratches, then I'll just replace the glass part once it gets to the point that it does affect the screen while the screen is on. And to whoever said I was trying to make myself feel better, wouldn't I be using a case or a screen protector after my first scratch...?
    No, because at that point it's pointless. With all due respect, the whole premise of this thread is absurd. Saying that you love scratches on a 600 dollar device that has a beautiful display and then asking people if they also love scratches on their device. I will go out on a limb and answer for everyone, no. I believe the only reason this ridiculous topic has not been closed is because luckily for you it turned into a debate on screen protectors . I think i gave my opinion here in a non confrontational and non hostile manner. Hope that's how you take it , peace.

Last edited by zmann; 01-11-2013 at 06:21 AM.
    love my evo.
    1812dave and andy a like this.

I totally agree with there you are spot on with that observation

No, because at that point it's pointless. With all due respect, the whole premise of this thread is absurd. Saying that you love scratches on a 600 dollar device that has a beautiful display and then asking people if they also love scratches on their device. I will go out on a limb and answer for everyone, no. I believe the only reason this ridiculous topic has not been closed is because luckily for you it turned into a debate on screen protectors . I think i gave my opinion here in a non confrontational and non hostile manner. Hope that's how you take it , peace.

I think i gave my opinion here in a non confrontational and non hostile manner.
    If that's what you think, then fine. "Who made you king?" "The whole premise of this thread is absurd." Yep, sounds non-confrontational to me. No hostility expressed there whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    If that's what you think, then fine. "Who made you king?" "The whole premise of this thread is absurd." Yep, sounds non-confrontational to me. No hostility expressed there whatever.
    He he gave his opinion that the thread is absurd. That's not rude it's just an opinion. He didn't call anyone any names he just thinks that the threads premise is absurd. I don't see anything wrong with him expressing his opinion. However, his earlier comment is aa little less genteel.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Samsung Note 2
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

lol I guess I am the only one who likes the scratches. And I'm not only talking about the screen, I'm talking about the back too.

ROM
    ViperOne

Don't like scratches but I never cared enough to put my phone in a case. So far from my Treos to iPhone to Infuse to Note 1 and 2 there has been no scratches on the screen.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

I hate the scratch I put on my screen twenty two hours after I got my note2.
    Scratching was cool in the eighties though

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    zmann likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12