Anyone like scratches?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You can get scratches on your car from many different things. Built up dirt can cause scratches if rubber against in any way. This includes improper washing technique and such. Plus, automatic car washes can cause the scratches whether it's touchless or touch wash. Road debris such as rocks and dust can cause micro scratches or worse depending on the material/impact. There is a reason I paid the $800 and had a 3M Clear Bra put on the front end of my car.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm just some weirdo... but I love using my phone completely naked. Anything on top of it including a screen protector ruins the feel of the original design and also the weight. I had the iPhone 5, used it naked, and now the GN2 and I'm using it naked. It feels amazingly light and because I have big hands, it feels great to hold and like a normal sized phone. So... Moving on, I actually like scratches. I believe they give my phone character. I have scratches on my screen and you can't feel them or see them when the screen is on so I don't mind at all. Anyone like me using the phone naked and doesn't actually mind scratches because they actually add individuality to the phone? :D
P.S. I don't care about resale value, android in general does not have a very good resale value, +with all these 1080p displays coming out no one is going to look back in a year or two for these 720p screens.

I'm in agreement completely except for the scratches part. I'm extremely OCD about "My Precious", always thinking about keeping it out of harms way. I've only dropped my previous smartphone (Thunderbolt) ONCE about a foot while sitting in a parked car due to my own carelessness/stupidity (no damage other than a small scuff to a corner of the phone body). I currently transport/protect my Note 2 with a Monoco vertical pouch, nothing more. :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm just some weirdo... but I love using my phone completely naked. Anything on top of it including a screen protector ruins the feel of the original design and also the weight. I had the iPhone 5, used it naked, and now the GN2 and I'm using it naked. It feels amazingly light and because I have big hands, it feels great to hold and like a normal sized phone. So... Moving on, I actually like scratches. I believe they give my phone character. I have scratches on my screen and you can't feel them or see them when the screen is on so I don't mind at all. Anyone like me using the phone naked and doesn't actually mind scratches because they actually add individuality to the phone? :D
P.S. I don't care about resale value, android in general does not have a very good resale value, +with all these 1080p displays coming out no one is going to look back in a year or two for these 720p screens.

Spoken like a person who is just trying to make himself feel better about the fact that he scratched up his screen. The new technology with screen protectors is amazing, the right one takes nothing away from the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Some people like to use screen protectors, some don't. Those of you who do have good reasons for doing so - prevention of scratches being high on your priority list. Those of us who don't have good reasons also - we can't stand the tactile sensation of plastic covers on our glass screens, plus we'd rather have no scratches than scratches all the time (because every protector scratches, in my experience, and quickly).

No answer is right for everyone. Why do we have people arguing about this? Use the doggone things or don't, but just shut up.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If my phone (or any of my devices, for that matter) gets scratched, I scream and cry like a little girl.

My poor 1X is scratched on the screen and camera lens, and my N7 has a nasty scratch that's noticeable especially when the screen is on (it distorts colors).

I wish I could be like you and not care OP :(

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Some people like to use screen protectors, some don't. Those of you who do have good reasons for doing so - prevention of scratches being high on your priority list. Those of us who don't have good reasons also - we can't stand the tactile sensation of plastic covers on our glass screens, plus we'd rather have no scratches than scratches all the time (because every protector scratches, in my experience, and quickly).

No answer is right for everyone. Why do we have people arguing about this? Use the doggone things or don't, but just shut up.

Nobody is actually arguing on this subject we are just having a polite discussion, well that was until you came on here telling people to shut up!

You really brought something to this discussion well done you :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Really, shut up? Who died and made you king. It is a friendly discussion.

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad I found this post because I do feel the same way about using the phone as is. I have a Nexus 4 and I love it. I think it really it is a gorgeous piece of phone... when it's fresh out of the box. I've had mine for over a month now and I've dropped it several times on the floor of the house and once at the mall. The glass is still intact. No cracks or nicks anywhere but the front and back panels have got scratches all over them. Some deep and some just surface scratches. I have a cheap case that I don't use because it covers up the back and the bumper from Google that adds width to the phone and makes one handed use annoying. I know I have no one to blame but myself because I don't use protection but I just can't help it. It's a pet peeve I guess. I'm hoping the screen protectors I ordered come in soon. But if it gets too much worse I'll prob just order a replacement screen later on.

Sent from my Nexus 4

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Naked is the best way, however, when you buy Maui Jim sunglasses it comes with a lens cleaning cloth microfiber pouch. So... my pooch goes in its pouch, and when I need it the GN2 comes out glistening clean.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Really, shut up? Who died and made you king. It is a friendly discussion.

You're certainly entitled to talk about whatever you like here. Just seems like most of these discussions are pretty pointless. I doubt anyone has been persuaded to either start using, or cease using, screen protectors as a result of them. I'm annoyed mostly by those who say things like, "it's stupid not to use them." One can have valid reasons for using them or for not using them.

Perhaps I should have been more careful in my comment, I'll acknowledge that. Shut up or don't, as you like.

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
To replace the glass screen only is like 30$, so if I don't drop it and only have tiny scratches, then I'll just replace the glass part once it gets to the point that it does affect the screen while the screen is on. And to whoever said I was trying to make myself feel better, wouldn't I be using a case or a screen protector after my first scratch...?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
To replace the glass screen only is like 30$, so if I don't drop it and only have tiny scratches, then I'll just replace the glass part once it gets to the point that it does affect the screen while the screen is on. And to whoever said I was trying to make myself feel better, wouldn't I be using a case or a screen protector after my first scratch...?

No, because at that point it's pointless. With all due respect, the whole premise of this thread is absurd. Saying that you love scratches on a 600 dollar device that has a beautiful display and then asking people if they also love scratches on their device. I will go out on a limb and answer for everyone, no. I believe the only reason this ridiculous topic has not been closed is because luckily for you it turned into a debate on screen protectors . I think i gave my opinion here in a non confrontational and non hostile manner. Hope that's how you take it , peace. :D

Last edited:

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with there you are spot on with that observation :)

No, because at that point it's pointless. With all due respect, the whole premise of this thread is absurd. Saying that you love scratches on a 600 dollar device that has a beautiful display and then asking people if they also love scratches on their device. I will go out on a limb and answer for everyone, no. I believe the only reason this ridiculous topic has not been closed is because luckily for you it turned into a debate on screen protectors . I think i gave my opinion here in a non confrontational and non hostile manner. Hope that's how you take it , peace. :D

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I think i gave my opinion here in a non confrontational and non hostile manner.
If that's what you think, then fine. "Who made you king?" "The whole premise of this thread is absurd." Yep, sounds non-confrontational to me. No hostility expressed there whatever.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If that's what you think, then fine. "Who made you king?" "The whole premise of this thread is absurd." Yep, sounds non-confrontational to me. No hostility expressed there whatever.

He he gave his opinion that the thread is absurd. That's not rude it's just an opinion. He didn't call anyone any names he just thinks that the threads premise is absurd. I don't see anything wrong with him expressing his opinion. However, his earlier comment is aa little less genteel.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums