Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone like scratches?

I guess I'm just some weirdo... but I love using my phone completely naked. Anything on top of it including a screen protector ruins the feel of the original design and also the weight. I had the iPhone 5, used it naked, and now the GN2 and I'm using it naked. It feels amazingly light and because I have big hands, it feels great to hold and like a normal sized phone. So... Moving on, I actually like scratches. I believe they give my phone character. I have scratches on my screen and you can't feel them or see them when the screen is on so I don't mind at all. Anyone like me using the phone naked and doesn't actually mind scratches because they actually add individuality to the phone?
    P.S. I don't care about resale value, android in general does not have a very good resale value, +with all these 1080p displays coming out no one is going to look back in a year or two for these 720p screens.
    lostchild likes this.

Default Re: Anyone like scratches?

U like your car scratched up too?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by kennethkilo View Post
    ....Anything on top of it including a screen protector ruins the feel of the original design ....
    I will never for the life of me understand this! I have a screen protector and it doesn't ruin anything whatsoever!
    Thanked by 2:
    DaRkL3AD3R and TheOtherBill like this.

I can't stand scratches. I get aggravated and want an immediate fix. Car, phone. Doesn't matter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    1812dave and HKain7 like this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

I don't use a screen protector, just never liked them (personal preference), and I use flip case I purchased from EBay. What I can't stand is extra bulk added to my devices.

This particular case has a magnetic closure so it stays closed unless I open it. This helps in the event of an accidental drop or from bumps and scratches.

I don't understand liking scratches, but since it's your device and you paid for it; to each his own.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Heck no, I don't like scratches, and a screen protector doesn't add noticeable weight.

I went naked on my Thunderbolt and hated the scratches.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    1812dave likes this.

No, can't say that I do. They're unsightly & can kill resale value when its time to upgrade.
    1812dave likes this.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I usually tote mine naked and so far I have kept it scratch free even though I work in a industrial enviroment.

I do have the body glove tpu case that I use sometimes mainly just for added grip on the device.
    http://www.shopandroid.com/body-glov...4A54A12923.htm

I have never like screen protectors and there is no way I'm using a case all the time, especially a otterbox. I have tried them in the past and hate the added bulk.

Well each to their own but I would say you were in a massive minority, my note has a Spigen Ultra Crystal screen protector on it and you would NEVER know one was on and I have a superb slim Seidio Surface case as well which is lovely to the touch it adds hardly any bulk and protects the phone nicely.

I couldn't bear it if my bare screen got scratched!!!!
    Jude526 likes this.

Same here OP! I wouldn't say I love them, but I don't mind them. And yes I think they gave character. Many of my friends won't park their cars if the parking space is too narrow. They are deadly afraid of door dings. I couldn't care less about little chip and ding. I believe when you can find perfection in defects, then everything becomes perfect.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Ding my car, I keel you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    swarlos and 1812dave like this.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

I wasted so much $ on screen protectors and like the op said I like the see design and clarity of phone so when I got my latest phone I just told myself "hold it tight and don't put anything else, ANYTHING, in my pocket with my phone", and so far no major scratches 7 months later (knock on wood). A few times I thought I had a scratch it appeared minor, and then I cleaned my screen and realized my phone was just dirty. So scratches don't bother me as long as they're not noticeable when the screen is on. And True, they do add character

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I bought the gn2 full price and due to the limited options for cases & screen protectors at tmobile & when I went to an at&t store,I went "naked".I like the phone's look and feel but I hated not have my new investment protected.I have big hands too but feared a scratch while it may add character, might damage my device.I bought the otterbox commuter with it's basic screen protector and I couldn't be happier.I don't notice additional bulk because of my hand size.and I feel hella protected because of it.

relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889

As for anyone actually liking scratches!!!!! the phone has plenty of character without hideous scratches
    1812dave and Johnly like this.

I'm not a fan of scratches per se, but I do admire the smooth glass and curved edges on this phone. I had to wait three weeks after buying my Note 2 for the screen protectors and case to arrive, and I actually kept the logo screen protector/obstructor on for the first two weeks out of fear of damaging the screen. That third week, though - going naked is superior as far as screen visibility, pen responsiveness and smudge reduction goes. I'm sure in a year I'll chuck the screen protector and roll like the OP does.

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    Same here OP! I wouldn't say I love them, but I don't mind them. And yes I think they gave character. Many of my friends won't park their cars if the parking space is too narrow. They are deadly afraid of door dings. I couldn't care less about little chip and ding. I believe when you can find perfection in defects, then everything becomes perfect.
    What kind of car do you drive? I have a 2012 Acura TSX so you're damn right I'd flip over a door ding.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I've always gone naked.
    It's not that I like scratches but I usually go through 3-4 phones per year so worrying about scratches seems like too much.

I might do a screen protector on the front of my N4 for once but don't wana hide the back...otherwise it's just an unremarkable black slate.
    I don't really care about the attention, I just don't want it lost in the crowd of Android devices I see on the commute each day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

You should be aware that the way GG2 is made there is a very tough very thin hardness layer on the screen. Any scratches weaken this layer, and one that goes through that layer will severely weaken the screen, making it much easier to crack.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Lol I can't drive yet, but it seems to me as if you guys are saying cars get scratches from just daily driving? How does that work? It's not like I'm running into things in the city...

Naked naked naked. Like my women. No protection lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

You can get scratches on your car from many different things. Built up dirt can cause scratches if rubber against in any way. This includes improper washing technique and such. Plus, automatic car washes can cause the scratches whether it's touchless or touch wash. Road debris such as rocks and dust can cause micro scratches or worse depending on the material/impact. There is a reason I paid the $800 and had a 3M Clear Bra put on the front end of my car.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Yeah I run naked on my N2, although I'm still looking for that perfect case but I know whatever I end up with it will end up on eBay later as I've never found a case I could live with.

As for my car I have the clear bra, park opposite side of the parking lot, etc.

I guess I'm just some weirdo... but I love using my phone completely naked. Anything on top of it including a screen protector ruins the feel of the original design and also the weight. I had the iPhone 5, used it naked, and now the GN2 and I'm using it naked. It feels amazingly light and because I have big hands, it feels great to hold and like a normal sized phone. So... Moving on, I actually like scratches. I believe they give my phone character. I have scratches on my screen and you can't feel them or see them when the screen is on so I don't mind at all. Anyone like me using the phone naked and doesn't actually mind scratches because they actually add individuality to the phone?
    P.S. I don't care about resale value, android in general does not have a very good resale value, +with all these 1080p displays coming out no one is going to look back in a year or two for these 720p screens.
    I'm in agreement completely except for the scratches part. I'm extremely OCD about "My Precious", always thinking about keeping it out of harms way. I've only dropped my previous smartphone (Thunderbolt) ONCE about a foot while sitting in a parked car due to my own carelessness/stupidity (no damage other than a small scuff to a corner of the phone body). I currently transport/protect my Note 2 with a Monoco vertical pouch, nothing more.

Spoken like a person who is just trying to make himself feel better about the fact that he scratched up his screen. The new technology with screen protectors is amazing, the right one takes nothing away from the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.
    UsedName likes this.

I have no screen protector but use a case....Samsung Protector +
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast