Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is there any value in having carrier subforums on the Note2???

    I have browsed all the carrier subforums on the Note 2 and would say 99% of the posts in each forum should probably be in the parent Note 2 forum because the post doesnt address a carrier specific subject. It would be nice if it were not the case... but the realilty is the subforums are not be used as they are purposed for.

    Why not combine all the forums into one and let the OP designate if the post is specific to a carrier?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is there any value in having carrier subforums on the Note2???

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    I have browsed all the carrier subforums on the Note 2 and would say 99% of the posts in each forum should probably be in the parent Note 2 forum because the post doesnt address a carrier specific subject. It would be nice if it were not the case... but the realilty is the subforums are not be used as they are purposed for.

    Why not combine all the forums into one and let the OP designate if the post is specific to a carrier?
    You make a valid point but from every forum area here on Android Central we usually split them up into carrier specific devices. One potential reason we do this is for the rooting/hacking sections which HAS to be device specific. We can't flash an ATT ROM on a Verizon phone... bricks would be everywhere. Aside from that I agree with you that there are a lot of posts in all of the device specific areas that could easily put in the general forum and get the same answers. I believe that is a good form of organzation. I personally have a Verizon Note 2 and therefore I usually stick around the Verizon section as well as the general section but I do pop my head into the other carrier specific sections from time to time to see if there is something I can help with.

    Unfortunatly as an Advisor, we don't have the power to move posts around. That is reserved for the moderators and if we do see something that would be better set in the general forum instead of carrier specific or vice versa we mention it to the moderator staff so they can determine if a change is needed to provide better help to our users. All of that being said, we split them up into carrier specific areas to better serve our users. Some people may want to only post in the Verizon or ATT or Sprint area because thats the brand phone they have and they feel more comfortable getting help from those who have the same carrier. Shouldn't make a huge difference but we want to please everyone.
  3. #3  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,363 Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: Is there any value in having carrier subforums on the Note2???

    Not to mention the small differences between os variations depending on what your carrier changed.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Is there any value in having carrier subforums on the Note2???

    Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Some people may want to only post in the Verizon or ATT or Sprint area because thats the brand phone they have and they feel more comfortable getting help from those who have the same carrier.
    I agree... I dont trust those Sprint guys at all. <<joking>>

    Thanks for addressing the issue.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Is there any value in having carrier subforums on the Note2???

    Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Not to mention the small differences between os variations depending on what your carrier changed.
    Very true, the variations could alter the answers given. On this phone, there are minimal changes between OS versions but still could change the way you have to do something. For example, Verizon removed the WiFi toggle on the top and added their crap ongoing notification while all others just left it alone.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there any point in getting the NS4G now?
    By The Miz in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 01:12 PM
  3. Is there any sort of roll over minutes on vzw???
    By droidX1991 in forum Verizon
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 12:31 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 04:02 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 08:46 AM

Posting Permissions

B