Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do i start S-Voice without touching the phone (esp while driving)?

How do i start S-Voice app just with a voice command without touching the phone (esp while driving)?

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Default Re: How do i start S-Voice without touching the phone (esp while driving)?

Open S Voice, click menu, then you should see the settings for that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do i start S-Voice without touching the phone (esp while driving)?-uploadfromtaptalk1357816354760.jpg  

Default Re: How do i start S-Voice without touching the phone (esp while driving)?

Can't you just double press the home button? If you haven't disabled it?

That post above me is the second solution if it doesn't work just double tapping.

Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    Open S Voice, click menu, then you should see the settings for that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Doesn't work. The only time I can wake up s voice is when the app is onscreen. Switch away or screen is dark; no dice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

I've had the same experience. To make it easier and safer, I've turned on "wake on voice in lock screen" so all I have to do is hit the power button (which is pretty easy to do by feel while I'm driving) and then say my wakeup command. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done.

I use a Bluetooth headset and I just push the Bluetooth button on my headset and it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2