Visit site
1LU2g

it is quite distracting if I do say myself
anyone else having this? the light surrounds the arrow and stuff

Last edited:

mikeraba

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This won't fix the problem but it will solve it. There's an option to turn those lights off completely, which is what I did, and I haven't missed that feature yet. They pop on and off with every touch so it was distracting.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Like someone said it's normal on white model. I would never buy white but my wife did

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It is normal for the white Note II and even the white S3. Most of the video reviews I saw on youtube has that too, because they were on the white model. I was kind of disappointed when I got my titanium grey that it doesn't do that!

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to borrow someone's phone to take a pic of mine.

OK i lied! I've NEVER noticed it. You have to have the phone in almost complete darkness to see it. Even in moderately low light you can't see it. Had my friend over with her iphone and it took us turning out all the lights to see it.

To me it's not an issue because i've never noticed it until now. I don't generally sit in the dark with my phone ....

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to borrow someone's phone to take a pic of mine.

OK i lied! I've NEVER noticed it. You have to have the phone in almost complete darkness to see it. Even in moderately low light you can't see it. Had my friend over with her iphone and it took us turning out all the lights to see it.

To me it's not an issue because i've never noticed it until now. I don't generally sit in the dark with my phone ....

:) we knew you simply hadn't noticed. :) they ALL bleed.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yup. To me, not complaint worthy. Again, I don't sit in the dark playing with my phone .

Oh and my friend was like "They're complaining about THAT!?"

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
my wife's phone bleeds a lot (exactly like in the OP's photo), in brightly lit areas--no need to go hunting for a "dark corner" and scrutinize the thing. It was the first thing I noticed when we got her white phone home...

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting. Mine you really DO have to put it in the dark to see it. Even then it's not terribly easy to see.

I guess it's like white clothing.. don't wear a white shirt/bathing suit and get wet ! LOL!!!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought the white thinking what ever color book cover Case i use would look cool and i was right. The dark Grey one looks great on the white Note 2. I have not notice the lights but now that i do i think it looks pretty cool.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the white model and my phone does NOT do that!!

Really? Upload a picture. Because just about every white Note 2 I've seen does exactly that.

And no you don't have to sit in a pitch black room to notice it. Just being in the shade outside on a sunny day it is 100% visible.

Edit:

I think this thread is an excellent opportunity to point out a common phenomenon that happens daily in all forums, particularly in Smartphone boards.

People have varying levels of perception and attention to detail. The light bleed on these buttons, and how some people claim their phone does not exhibit this problem yet everyone else does, is a perfect example of this. It really frustrates me though when something is presented that is fact, and people use their own subjective experiences to override that reality. It makes it very difficult to objectively determine what is and isn't.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It does look cool with that glow, but it will always be in the back of my mind that it's a defect.
I have the Titanuim Gray and looks great! Chose the Gray for different reasons, not this.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I consider it a defect like when the white iPhones had LED light bleed that affected flash photos. ie, white plastic normally used for cell phones isn't totally opaque, apparently.

bryanc38

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yuck, I hate this on my phone. Does the Titanium Grey one do this? I also have light leaking from the home button, too...like a small hole allows light to leak thru it. Will AT&T let me change from white to titanium grey?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non