Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default Re: OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

Which, Webb3201, is why I'm still attached to the IPad. I'm wanting to fully embrace the SPen and all it can do, which I'm still not sure what that is! I sold my IPhone 4S back to Verizon and used that $$ to get the Note 2. I don't miss it since Siri and I still talk on the IPad. I have noticed the SVoice seems to be more "knowledgeable" than Siri, but I won't tell her!

Welcome to Android! The Note 2 is an amazing phone. I love my N4, but your Note 2 can do so many cool things.

I was just wondering if using a launcher on the N2 affects some of the special functions of the phone, ie split screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

The formating issue I stated above with the card. It keeps asking for a pin to confirm the process. But the card seems to work formatted on my mac with exfat. I read fat32 wasn't good when transferring larger files.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by avenuePad View Post
    I was just wondering if using a launcher on the N2 affects some of the special functions of the phone, ie split screen.
    Third party launchers do not have any effect on the Note functions like multi view, S-Pen, etc.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    The formating issue I stated above with the card. It keeps asking for a pin to confirm the process. But the card seems to work formatted on my mac with exfat. I read fat32 wasn't good when transferring larger files.

Have you tried formatting the card once loaded on your Note? My guess is you should be fine and the "pin" requirement will go away, but I've never experienced that issue.

I read fat32 wasn't good when transferring larger files.

That is correct! Maximum file size for fat32 file systems is 4gb. Stick with exfat for larger file sizes!

Maybe it was encrypted before? I can't comment towards fat32 being better or worse though.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I don't think it was encrypted because I was using it as just a backup for files. Since it's working in the phone I won't worry too much.

Tomorrow I'm picking up the white model for my wife. She is trading her iphone 4 in.
    lpt2569 and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by webb3201 View Post
    I have spent the past two years sim swapping iPhones and Androids. Last year it was a 4s and a Galaxy Nexus, this year a Note2 and iPhone 5. I normally go about 2 weeks before I miss something in the alternate platform and switch over. Welcome to the Android side.
    I recently switched to the Galaxy Note 2 from an iPhone 5. I attempted my first sim swap and what an experience I endured with Verizon. My plan changed from
    unlimited to 2 gigs for data. There is no way that when I switched sim #'s, that their computer system acknowledge the plan I have which is unlimited. I have now decided, give it up and let go lollll I am in heaven with my Note 2 and don't miss the iphone at all. I had to jailbreak my iphone (4S) to be able to have some customization and it doesn't even come close to the android and now the jailbreak team is having a run for their money trying to jb the most recent IOS. Since I have had my Note 2, lollll I have not put it down. Have even gone to bed late cuz I feel like a little kid in a big candy store
    I'm sorry for the apple devoted folks but apple just does not do it for me and actually never did. I am now going to find a buyer for my iphone and let go ;D My iPad 2 is jailbroken and now I am complete
    Thanks for reading and back to my Note 2 (learning it as well) ;D ;D
    Jude526 and bigoldthor like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I just picked up my wife's white model today. She loves it and traded her iphone 4 in. ios is great for many but I suspect they don't know what they're missing with the current android os.
    badbrad17 likes this.

Welcome to the dark side.

Don't mind the yetis....

Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver View Post
    I also just switched from apple ios to android note 2 and im loving it. One thing I miss though is imessage. Using whats app isnt the same.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    I'll give Apple that positive. Nothing else.

Android/Samsung needs to totally revamp the sms application. Hell even buy out WhatsApp and integrate into the native sms

Sent from my SGS3!
    Thanked by:
    serpico, avenuePad and RisaChan like this.

I would never buy an iPhone or an ipad but I absolutely love the macbook pros.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by whymista View Post
    I would never buy an iPhone or an ipad but I absolutely love the macbook pros.
    nice but too expensive.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
    I'll give Apple that positive. Nothing else.

Android/Samsung needs to totally revamp the sms application. Hell even buy out WhatsApp and integrate into the native sms

Sent from my SGS3!
    Apple TV is a plus too. Google needs to prioritize the Nexus Q and Google TV.

Android Evangelist
    serpico likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    nice but too expensive.

They are expensive but I don't buy laptops very often so it doesn't bother me to spend more and I don't game much so that aspect doesn't matter to me. I love how everything works out of the box because everything is made by apple or pretty much everything. The battery life is amazing, its absurdly sexy, I've never had a mechanical problem with them and thats the difference plus I ing HATE windows 8 that is the dumbest I have ever used. If I was on a tablet it would be awesome, not so much on a laptop.

Also I equate buying a macbook pro to buying the latest android phone the day it comes out instead of a comparable phone mainly because its new and cool. They are just so sexy lol and if I have the cash thats what I'm getting lol

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

They are expensive but I don't buy laptops very often so it doesn't bother me to spend more and I don't game much so that aspect doesn't matter to me. I love how everything works out of the box because everything is made by apple or pretty much everything. The battery life is amazing, its absurdly sexy, I've never had a mechanical problem with them and thats the difference plus I ing HATE windows 8 that is the dumbest I have ever used. If I was on a tablet it would be awesome, not so much on a laptop.

Also I equate buying a macbook pro to buying the latest android phone the day it comes out instead of a comparable phone mainly because its new and cool. They are just so sexy lol and if I have the cash thats what I'm getting lol
    I don't hate windows 8 but I'm not a fan of the metro app drawer thing. I added the start menu back in and the os works great. Boots fast and runs faster than win 7, but the overall differences are minor.

Android Evangelist
    GrooveRite likes this.

I don't hate windows 8 but I'm not a fan of the metro app drawer thing. I added the start menu back in and the os works great. Boots fast and runs faster than win 7, but the overall differences are minor.

I never used windows 7. My last windows computer still had vista so I'm completely lost.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I never used windows 7. My last windows computer still had vista so I'm completely lost.
    Vista was not delivered well. Win 7 and 8 are much better. They never crash and run well for the most part. Much better than XP or Vista.

Android Evangelist
    GrooveRite likes this.

Vista was not delivered well. Win 7 and 8 are much better. They never crash and run well for the most part. Much better than XP or Vista.

Thats depressing. I sort of like how windows crashes. Its got a certain charm to it

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Thats depressing. I sort of like how windows crashes. Its got a certain charm to it
    Didn't I say they never crash?

Android Evangelist

Didn't I say they never crash?

No but I was afraid it didn't. Its an endearing trait. Actually ideally I'd have my macbook for school, work etc and a windows computer for gaming, trying new things etc. I actually liked XP
    Thanked by 2:
    avenuePad likes this.

I can honestly tell you that Vista SUCKED!! Windows 7 is what Vista should of originally been.
    Thanked by:
    jakie55 and TheOtherBill like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I can honestly tell you that Vista SUCKED!! Windows 7 is what Vista should of originally been.
    That it did. I hated it. XP was better.
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

My laptop boots win 7 in less than a minute... So I don't have that problem.

I'm never upgrading. My mom has a desktop with 8 and I despise it.

But then again, I mainly use ubuntu so...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast