Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Default Re: OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

I'll take OSX over them all.

Only apple product I like osx and macbook pro. I like tablets for reading ebooks, watching videos and surfing the web when my laptop died so I see no reason to buy a damn ipad when the cheap tablet sprint gave me did just enough.
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

To me, osx just looks like a cheap build of Linux... #justmyopinion

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by whymista View Post
    I'll take OSX over them all.

Only apple product I like osx and macbook pro. I like tablets for reading ebooks, watching videos and surfing the web when my laptop died so I see no reason to buy a damn ipad when the cheap tablet sprint gave me did just enough.
    I find OSX to be very unintuitive most of the time. Many things just take me much longer compared to windows that I get frustrated. Simple things like installing software on osx just never seems easy. File management is also very confusing most of the time. I know many of my frustrations are just from knowing windows much better but I have many times not found any logic in it. Just my personal opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    I've never used linux so to me its still awesome lol

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I find OSX to be very unintuitive most of the time. Many things just take me much longer compared to windows that I get frustrated. Simple things like installing software on osx just never seems easy. File management is also very confusing most of the time. I know many of my frustrations are just from knowing windows much better but I have many times not found any logic in it. Just my personal opinion.

I was the same at first. I hadn't used a mac since they were still called apples back in like 95 when the internet was the unknown.

My primary reason for liking OSX is it just works. Everything is integrated, you don't get programs closing out, being nonresponsive, and you really don't need to do anything to it to keep it running smoothly. I don't need to have 500 updates every week because microsoft didn't think to implement something before they shipped it out and then its just the ease replacing stuff. Some people say its difficult but taking that bottom metal piece is pretty easy. That and hands down the customer service and warranty is much easier to deal with. If within one year something fails even without apple care I make an appointment at an apple store bring it to them and they replace said defective part. If I pay for apple care they come to me to do it. Its the integration that I mostly like and what I mostly hate about the iphone. On a phone I want to be able to customize everything etc where as my laptop I just want to work. And look sexy...

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    Not surprising, they are both UNIX knockoffs.
    Mweuch likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I was the same at first. I hadn't used a mac since they were still called apples back in like 95 when the internet was the unknown.

My primary reason for liking OSX is it just works. Everything is integrated, you don't get programs closing out, being nonresponsive, and you really don't need to do anything to it to keep it running smoothly. I don't need to have 500 updates every week because microsoft didn't think to implement something before they shipped it out and then its just the ease replacing stuff. Some people say its difficult but taking that bottom metal piece is pretty easy. That and hands down the customer service and warranty is much easier to deal with. If within one year something fails even without apple care I make an appointment at an apple store bring it to them and they replace said defective part. If I pay for apple care they come to me to do it. Its the integration that I mostly like and what I mostly hate about the iphone. On a phone I want to be able to customize everything etc where as my laptop I just want to work. And look sexy...
    You said "it just works" so I have to ignore your comment. Sorry it's a policy. Lol.

Seriously though after windows 7 I have next to no problems with my computer. The biggest issue with most people is that they walk into best buy and buy a $400 desktop computer and have tons of problems. They whine and complain about it. So they go and buy a $1900 imac and magically they don't have as many problems. Uhhhhh I wonder why? I have been buying quality PC's for years and have had pretty much no problems. I pass the older systems down to employees that don't need as much power and I get 5 years+ out of all my computers. Our Macs also get around 5 years of use but they cost double. So at the end of the day my preference is PC. I think some people want to pay a premium price for a product that they feel good about and in some cases can brag about it. It's like buying cars. Some people will pay extra for a vehicle that still just takes you from A to B. I don't buy the cheap car but I would buy a Lexus instead of a Ferrari every day of the week.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    whymista and TomsAndroid like this.

Oh I didn't go to a mac because I hated windows I went because I just wanted to see what it was all about. I build my own desktops and don't mind figuring stuff out as I go but when I just want something that I don't have to concern myself with updates and a lot was battery life and I also ride a motorcycle and at the time when I got my macbook back in 2010 there weren't any of the more sturdy windows laptops available and I had already been through a few laptops because they got moved around as I rode or whatnot because plastic just isn't as durable.

Now I buy them because I think they're cool and I can afford them not because I dislike windows although I do dislike the layout of 8, I don't have a clue as to whether its good or bad as I've only used it on my moms when I'd be at their house helping her out lol.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

So my 64GB card arrived today and it had the droid on the package which gave me a good feeling this would work properly in my phone. Of course formatted is around 59GB. Amazing that I have 80GB of space on this phone and it cost less than a 64GB iPhone 5.
    RisaChan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    So my 64GB card arrived today and it had the droid on the package which gave me a good feeling this would work properly in my phone. Of course formatted is around 59GB. Amazing that I have 80GB of space on this phone and it cost less than a 64GB iPhone 5.
    Yea but now you have a phone that doesn't have a pretty apple on the back!!
    badbrad17 likes this.

Yea but now you have a phone that doesn't have a pretty apple on the back!!
    Amazon.com: Apple logo Sticker Decal: $3.99
    Thanked by:
    _X_, badbrad17, whymista and 1 others like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I always had a mophie case so never saw that apple logo!

I always had a mophie case so never saw that apple logo!
    So you weren't one of those people who got one of those like carbon fiber apple logos that I'd see all over campus on macbooks and iphones lol :o
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Never seen those lol

Never seen those lol
    Lol yea I have its rather interesting if I don't say so myself.

I never considered adding "bling" to my macbook
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    You said "it just works" so I have to ignore your comment. Sorry it's a policy. Lol.
    You joke but you struck home with that statement.

I've always have found Apple products to be difficult to use so I steer clear of them. I've used most variations dating back to Apple ][e.

My brother however bought into the "cool aid" marketing only to get burned by Macs limitations. So for the longest time whenever he heard anybody say "It just works" he'd grill them until they admitted they constantly upgraded to resolve their hardware issues or they admitted they didn't use Macs for much of anything. It was always amusing to see him in action he never failed and was ever so subtle.
    Thanked by:
    TheOtherBill likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    You joke but you struck home with that statement.

I've always have found Apple products to be difficult to use so I steer clear of them. I've used most variations dating back to Apple ][e.

My brother however bought into the "cool aid" marketing only to get burned by Macs limitations. So for the longest time whenever he heard anybody say "It just works" he'd grill them until they admitted they constantly upgraded to resolve their hardware issues or they admitted they didn't use Macs for much of anything. It was always amusing to see him in action he never failed and was ever so subtle.
    Lol. I know right? I remember asking a friend years ago how he would convert a avi file to a dvd that could play on a dvd player. He said there wasn't an easy way unless he bought an expensive program. That has of course changed now but I always thought it was so stupid that a computer that was supposed to excel in video and multi media didn't have a small utility program that could do this. We searched online and there was nothing like Nero etc available yet on the PC there were tons of options. Only expensive products.

Android Evangelist

I have never understood why people would buy a more expensive product that does less than the cheaper alternative. There are far fewer apps for the Mac than for Windows. .Mac sales are a tiny fraction of Windows sales, but even so that means millions of people opted for the expensive option despite it having fewer choices. /scratching head.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Once you go mac, you never go back. I run Parallels on my Macbook Air for some programs, that is when it's not downloading a windows update.

"Once you go mac, you never go back"

Not happening in this lifetime. We have more than 11 ipods in the house. those are the LAST Apple products I'll EVER own. seriously.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Can't believe my thread has come to this.
    Thanked by:

Can't believe my thread has come to this.
    Don't they all?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    serpico likes this.

Lol I love how people talk about how dumb it is to spend so much money for a macbook while they blow 500 plus on a ing phone when you could spend half that and get the same lol.

I'm typing on a windows. I have both because I can. I hate windows 8 so I am still using my old *** dell with vista on it and its what I do all my risky stuff on, I use it to sync stuff to the cloud etc since up until just recently I was very anti cloud and didn't really trust and still don't but if someone hacked my windows idc. I like my macbook because its got great battery life, its rigid so it can handle bumping around in my backpack while I'm riding down the freeway or taking my backpack on and off haphazardly etc.

I wouldn't own any other apple product as I can't stand the iphone nor the ipad because an andriod tabled and phone can do just as much or more for less and gives me flexibility. On a laptop I don't want flexibility because I don't play games, I don't want to mess with the OS I want turn it on from day one and that pretty much be it. I hate windows updates every ing week its annoying. Microsoft hasn't put out a good OS since 98(mind you I haven't used 7,8 much) OSX out of the box works and doesn't need constant tweaking and updating.

Just like some people like iphones because they are straightforward and easy to use and setup thats what I like about my computers. Now phones and tablets are a different story.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I left apple, Im not even considering going back until they decide to catch up with todays tech. As far as macs go, they are okay. Not really a fan of the 1100+ dollar price tag because I could build a better computer for less but for a lot of people, they flat out work. It just annoys me that everyone that has one thinks that they are automatically a DJ, music producer, photo editor...etc. I can bet 85-90 percent of the user base uses it for web surfing and that's it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    avenuePad and TomsAndroid like this.

Default OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    Why did you switch? Just curious.
    Why did you switch back to iOS? I saw you on the iMore forums, too.

I'm still on my iP5, but I'm REALLY wanting the Note. Just not sure if I have the gall to switch or not.
    Thanked by:
    gadgetman#CB likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast