Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Default OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Can't believe my thread has come to this.
    Now that you've had the Note for a little bit, what do you think compared to iOS?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Default Re: OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

We love the Note 2. My wife says she will never go back to a smaller screen.

Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    I left apple, Im not even considering going back until they decide to catch up with todays tech. As far as macs go, they are okay. Not really a fan of the 1100+ dollar price tag because I could build a better computer for less but for a lot of people, they flat out work. It just annoys me that everyone that has one thinks that they are automatically a DJ, music producer, photo editor...etc. I can bet 85-90 percent of the user base uses it for web surfing and that's it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Lol I don't do any type of editing at all. I bought it because I could afford it, durability as metal laptops were pretty much nonexistent back in 2010, I wanted to see if they were as nice as they claimed to be and build quality is by and far better or was at the time compared to anything else and battery life was great and for s sake the magnet power adapter so I don't end up breaking the plug from contantly moving it around, throwing it in a backpack or accidentally tripping over it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Why did you switch back to iOS? I saw you on the iMore forums, too.

I'm still on my iP5, but I'm REALLY wanting the Note. Just not sure if I have the gall to switch or not.
    The Note 2 is an awesome device. But I wanted to give the iPhone 5 a try. There were issues with the Note that I did encounter, However. Through my job, we use Firstclass email. The Android app doesn't work at all. The iPhone app works flawlessly. Also, my Beats headphones aren't fully functional with the Note. But they work flawlessly with the iPhone. Other than those things, I didn't have any issues. It is kind of weird being able to use my phone with just one hand with ease again. I will say this though, the battery lifeis really good on the Note, but not better than the iPhone 5. I was shocked at that, but it is true. And the iPhone 5 is faster. But I had expected that. Who knows how long I will stick with the iPhone though. I change devices pretty regularly.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:

gall isn't the correct word. it might be "daring" or "moxie", but certainly not "gall". " gall: brazen boldness coupled with impudent assurance and insolence "
    Samsung Note 2

what do you mean--your headphones didn't work properly? (I've never owned Beats. I use Qc15's and also have Koss, both of which just fine with all my devices)
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    what do you mean--your headphones didn't work properly? (I've never owned Beats. I use Qc15's and also have Koss, both of which just fine with all my devices)
    The Beats headphones have controls on the wire. They control the volume, play and pause, skipping tracks, answering calls, etc. the controls didn't work on the Note 2. But they work on my iPhone. Seems as though they aren't compatible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

That is an issue coming from the iPhone. Not all headphone controls work with Android devices. It isn't enough to make me want to stay on ios though.

I used an iPhone 5 just prior to the Note 2 and I would not want it back. I really don't find the Note 2 to be that big. I know it is but I can use it with one hand and it's even better with two hands. And I'm not a big guy at all. The features are not even comparable to me. I've only had the Note 2 for a day and I swear my wife has picked it up every time I set it down. She keeps saying "my iPhone can't do that" and she is right. I told her will sell her iPhone and either get her a Note 2 or wait for the S4 or whatever it will be called.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    That is an issue coming from the iPhone. Not all headphone controls work with Android devices. It isn't enough to make me want to stay on ios though.

I used an iPhone 5 just prior to the Note 2 and I would not want it back. I really don't find the Note 2 to be that big. I know it is but I can use it with one hand and it's even better with two hands. And I'm not a big guy at all. The features are not even comparable to me. I've only had the Note 2 for a day and I swear my wife has picked it up every time I set it down. She keeps saying "my iPhone can't do that" and she is right. I told her will sell her iPhone and either get her a Note 2 or wait for the S4 or whatever it will be called.

The Note 2 is an awesome device. It is the reason why I purchased it in the first place. But, the iPhone is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    The Beats headphones have controls on the wire. They control the volume, play and pause, skipping tracks, answering calls, etc. the controls didn't work on the Note 2. But they work on my iPhone. Seems as though they aren't compatible.

oh that. heck, I have an optional cord that came with my QC15's that is for iOS devices. it gathers dust. that feature isn't something I care about, quite frankly. If I listen to Pandora I can wiggle the phone to switch to the next song, for example. controls on cables are a PITA for me, as fumbling for them is a nuisance.
    Samsung Note 2

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

The Note 2 is an awesome device. It is the reason why I purchased it in the first place. But, the iPhone is good too.

Agreed. I didn't mean to come off as knocking the iPhone. I got a couple good years from the iPhone. I still recommend that everyone look at both and do what is best for them.

Do you like the way those Beats headset sound? Which pair do you have if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Do you like the way those Beats headset sound? Which pair do you have if I may ask?
    I have the Solo HD. To be perfectly honest, I can't really tell the difference between them and regular headphones. My wife spent a lot of money on them so that's why I use them. But the earbuds that came with my Note 2 sounded better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

The Note 2 is an awesome device. But I wanted to give the iPhone 5 a try. There were issues with the Note that I did encounter, However. Through my job, we use Firstclass email. The Android app doesn't work at all. The iPhone app works flawlessly. Also, my Beats headphones aren't fully functional with the Note. But they work flawlessly with the iPhone. Other than those things, I didn't have any issues. It is kind of weird being able to use my phone with just one hand with ease again. I will say this though, the battery lifeis really good on the Note, but not better than the iPhone 5. I was shocked at that, but it is true. And the iPhone 5 is faster. But I had expected that. Who knows how long I will stick with the iPhone though. I change devices pretty regularly.
    Thanks for the update. I'm still on the fence. I've basically used iOS for about a year, so I'm pretty used to it. But I can't get over the boring UI and lust for Android and freedom. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Thanks for the update. I'm still on the fence. I've basically used iOS for about a year, so I'm pretty used to it. But I can't get over the boring UI and lust for Android and freedom. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me.
    If you are bored with iOS I would say do it. There is no harm in trying something different.

Thanked by:
    1812dave and TomsAndroid like this.

If you are bored with iOS I would say do it. There is no harm in trying something different.

Yeah. That's where I'm at. I did use an S3 when it first came out for about a month. I liked it but had a few issues and glitches that made me jump to the iPhone 5 when it came out. The tinkerer in me loves Android and wants to use it. But the OCD in me wants to stick with the walled in garden that is iOS.
    Thanked by:
    gadgetman#CB likes this.

Yeah. That's where I'm at. I did use an S3 when it first came out for about a month. I liked it but had a few issues and glitches that made me jump to the iPhone 5 when it came out. The tinkerer in me loves Android and wants to use it. But the OCD in me wants to stick with the walled in garden that is iOS.
    I can actually relate to your OCD comment.

I can actually relate to your OCD comment.

That's honestly been one of the primary reasons I stay with iOS. Everything looks the same and works fluidly. Android offers so much more, but my OCD side spends so much time making it work and look the same and I can never quite get it.

That's honestly been one of the primary reasons I stay with iOS. Everything looks the same and works fluidly. Android offers so much more, but my OCD side spends so much time making it work and look the same and I can never quite get it.
    I'm ashamed to say it but the fact that the Android icons are all different sizes and shapes bother me.

I'm ashamed to say it but the fact that the Android icons are all different sizes and shapes bother me.

Yup. And every app has different notifications. They look and act differently. That's where my OCD has issues. But I love all the added customizations and extra tweaks that Android provides. It's a helluva Catch-22.

You can keep your OCD at ease by installing a launcher from the Play Store. Not only do launchers bring new UI features, but they also allow you to theme your Android phone in any way you like. You could make your homes screens look like WP8, iOS, and a whole slew of other options. After installing your launcher of choice (ie Apex, Nova, Go Launcher Pro, etc...) you then can search the Play Store for a theme of your choice - just make sure the theme is compatible with your chosen launcher. Many of these themes come with extensive icon packs that will give your icons that more unified look you desire.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I have the Solo HD. To be perfectly honest, I can't really tell the difference between them and regular headphones. My wife spent a lot of money on them so that's why I use them. But the earbuds that came with my Note 2 sounded better.

Sorry to hear. For what they are worth, I would of had her return them and pick me up a pair of V-moda's.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Sorry to hear. For what they are worth, I would of had her return them and pick me up a pair of V-moda's.
    Couldn't do that. She was very excited to give them to me. They aren't bad. Just not worth the money. But then again, I don't think any headphones would be worth hundreds of dollars.

I have iPhone 4 and looked at Note 2, it's big. Does anybody put it in a pocket? With or without a case? Anybody able to use it one handed?

Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    I have iPhone 4 and looked at Note 2, it's big. Does anybody put it in a pocket? With or without a case? Anybody able to use it one handed?
    I'm under 6', always use my front pants pocket, with a case & use it with one hand when needed.

It's big & AWESOME!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast