OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
nice but too expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

They are expensive but I don't buy laptops very often so it doesn't bother me to spend more and I don't game much so that aspect doesn't matter to me. I love how everything works out of the box because everything is made by apple or pretty much everything. The battery life is amazing, its absurdly sexy, I've never had a mechanical problem with them and thats the difference plus I ing HATE windows 8 that is the dumbest I have ever used. If I was on a tablet it would be awesome, not so much on a laptop.

Also I equate buying a macbook pro to buying the latest android phone the day it comes out instead of a comparable phone mainly because its new and cool. They are just so sexy lol and if I have the cash thats what I'm getting lol

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
They are expensive but I don't buy laptops very often so it doesn't bother me to spend more and I don't game much so that aspect doesn't matter to me. I love how everything works out of the box because everything is made by apple or pretty much everything. The battery life is amazing, its absurdly sexy, I've never had a mechanical problem with them and thats the difference plus I ing HATE windows 8 that is the dumbest I have ever used. If I was on a tablet it would be awesome, not so much on a laptop.

Also I equate buying a macbook pro to buying the latest android phone the day it comes out instead of a comparable phone mainly because its new and cool. They are just so sexy lol and if I have the cash thats what I'm getting lol
I don't hate windows 8 but I'm not a fan of the metro app drawer thing. I added the start menu back in and the os works great. Boots fast and runs faster than win 7, but the overall differences are minor.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't hate windows 8 but I'm not a fan of the metro app drawer thing. I added the start menu back in and the os works great. Boots fast and runs faster than win 7, but the overall differences are minor.

I never used windows 7. My last windows computer still had vista so I'm completely lost.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I never used windows 7. My last windows computer still had vista so I'm completely lost.
Vista was not delivered well. Win 7 and 8 are much better. They never crash and run well for the most part. Much better than XP or Vista.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Vista was not delivered well. Win 7 and 8 are much better. They never crash and run well for the most part. Much better than XP or Vista.

Thats depressing. I sort of like how windows crashes. Its got a certain charm to it:confused:

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Didn't I say they never crash?

No but I was afraid it didn't. Its an endearing trait. Actually ideally I'd have my macbook for school, work etc and a windows computer for gaming, trying new things etc. I actually liked XP

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

My laptop boots win 7 in less than a minute... So I don't have that problem.

I'm never upgrading. My mom has a desktop with 8 and I despise it.

But then again, I mainly use ubuntu so...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll take OSX over them all.

Only apple product I like osx and macbook pro. I like tablets for reading ebooks, watching videos and surfing the web when my laptop died so I see no reason to buy a damn ipad when the cheap tablet sprint gave me did just enough.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
To me, osx just looks like a cheap build of Linux... #justmyopinion

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll take OSX over them all.

Only apple product I like osx and macbook pro. I like tablets for reading ebooks, watching videos and surfing the web when my laptop died so I see no reason to buy a damn ipad when the cheap tablet sprint gave me did just enough.
I find OSX to be very unintuitive most of the time. Many things just take me much longer compared to windows that I get frustrated. Simple things like installing software on osx just never seems easy. File management is also very confusing most of the time. I know many of my frustrations are just from knowing windows much better but I have many times not found any logic in it. Just my personal opinion.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I find OSX to be very unintuitive most of the time. Many things just take me much longer compared to windows that I get frustrated. Simple things like installing software on osx just never seems easy. File management is also very confusing most of the time. I know many of my frustrations are just from knowing windows much better but I have many times not found any logic in it. Just my personal opinion.

I was the same at first. I hadn't used a mac since they were still called apples back in like 95 when the internet was the unknown.

My primary reason for liking OSX is it just works. Everything is integrated, you don't get programs closing out, being nonresponsive, and you really don't need to do anything to it to keep it running smoothly. I don't need to have 500 updates every week because microsoft didn't think to implement something before they shipped it out and then its just the ease replacing stuff. Some people say its difficult but taking that bottom metal piece is pretty easy. That and hands down the customer service and warranty is much easier to deal with. If within one year something fails even without apple care I make an appointment at an apple store bring it to them and they replace said defective part. If I pay for apple care they come to me to do it. Its the integration that I mostly like and what I mostly hate about the iphone. On a phone I want to be able to customize everything etc where as my laptop I just want to work. And look sexy...

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was the same at first. I hadn't used a mac since they were still called apples back in like 95 when the internet was the unknown.

My primary reason for liking OSX is it just works. Everything is integrated, you don't get programs closing out, being nonresponsive, and you really don't need to do anything to it to keep it running smoothly. I don't need to have 500 updates every week because microsoft didn't think to implement something before they shipped it out and then its just the ease replacing stuff. Some people say its difficult but taking that bottom metal piece is pretty easy. That and hands down the customer service and warranty is much easier to deal with. If within one year something fails even without apple care I make an appointment at an apple store bring it to them and they replace said defective part. If I pay for apple care they come to me to do it. Its the integration that I mostly like and what I mostly hate about the iphone. On a phone I want to be able to customize everything etc where as my laptop I just want to work. And look sexy...
You said "it just works" so I have to ignore your comment. Sorry it's a policy. Lol.

Seriously though after windows 7 I have next to no problems with my computer. The biggest issue with most people is that they walk into best buy and buy a $400 desktop computer and have tons of problems. They whine and complain about it. So they go and buy a $1900 imac and magically they don't have as many problems. Uhhhhh I wonder why? I have been buying quality PC's for years and have had pretty much no problems. I pass the older systems down to employees that don't need as much power and I get 5 years+ out of all my computers. Our Macs also get around 5 years of use but they cost double. So at the end of the day my preference is PC. I think some people want to pay a premium price for a product that they feel good about and in some cases can brag about it. It's like buying cars. Some people will pay extra for a vehicle that still just takes you from A to B. I don't buy the cheap car but I would buy a Lexus instead of a Ferrari every day of the week.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh I didn't go to a mac because I hated windows I went because I just wanted to see what it was all about. I build my own desktops and don't mind figuring stuff out as I go but when I just want something that I don't have to concern myself with updates and a lot was battery life and I also ride a motorcycle and at the time when I got my macbook back in 2010 there weren't any of the more sturdy windows laptops available and I had already been through a few laptops because they got moved around as I rode or whatnot because plastic just isn't as durable.

Now I buy them because I think they're cool and I can afford them not because I dislike windows although I do dislike the layout of 8, I don't have a clue as to whether its good or bad as I've only used it on my moms when I'd be at their house helping her out lol.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So my 64GB card arrived today and it had the droid on the package which gave me a good feeling this would work properly in my phone. Of course formatted is around 59GB. Amazing that I have 80GB of space on this phone and it cost less than a 64GB iPhone 5.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
So my 64GB card arrived today and it had the droid on the package which gave me a good feeling this would work properly in my phone. Of course formatted is around 59GB. Amazing that I have 80GB of space on this phone and it cost less than a 64GB iPhone 5.

Yea but now you have a phone that doesn't have a pretty apple on the back!!