OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You said "it just works" so I have to ignore your comment. Sorry it's a policy. Lol.

You joke but you struck home with that statement.

I've always have found Apple products to be difficult to use so I steer clear of them. I've used most variations dating back to Apple ][e.

My brother however bought into the "cool aid" marketing only to get burned by Macs limitations. So for the longest time whenever he heard anybody say "It just works" he'd grill them until they admitted they constantly upgraded to resolve their hardware issues or they admitted they didn't use Macs for much of anything. It was always amusing to see him in action he never failed and was ever so subtle.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You joke but you struck home with that statement.

I've always have found Apple products to be difficult to use so I steer clear of them. I've used most variations dating back to Apple ][e.

My brother however bought into the "cool aid" marketing only to get burned by Macs limitations. So for the longest time whenever he heard anybody say "It just works" he'd grill them until they admitted they constantly upgraded to resolve their hardware issues or they admitted they didn't use Macs for much of anything. It was always amusing to see him in action he never failed and was ever so subtle.
Lol. I know right? I remember asking a friend years ago how he would convert a avi file to a dvd that could play on a dvd player. He said there wasn't an easy way unless he bought an expensive program. That has of course changed now but I always thought it was so stupid that a computer that was supposed to excel in video and multi media didn't have a small utility program that could do this. We searched online and there was nothing like Nero etc available yet on the PC there were tons of options. Only expensive products.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have never understood why people would buy a more expensive product that does less than the cheaper alternative. There are far fewer apps for the Mac than for Windows. .Mac sales are a tiny fraction of Windows sales, but even so that means millions of people opted for the expensive option despite it having fewer choices. /scratching head.

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Once you go mac, you never go back. I run Parallels on my Macbook Air for some programs, that is when it's not downloading a windows update.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
"Once you go mac, you never go back"

Not happening in this lifetime. :) We have more than 11 ipods in the house. those are the LAST Apple products I'll EVER own. seriously.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol I love how people talk about how dumb it is to spend so much money for a macbook while they blow 500 plus on a ing phone when you could spend half that and get the same lol.

I'm typing on a windows. I have both because I can. I hate windows 8 so I am still using my old ass dell with vista on it and its what I do all my risky stuff on, I use it to sync stuff to the cloud etc since up until just recently I was very anti cloud and didn't really trust and still don't but if someone hacked my windows idc. I like my macbook because its got great battery life, its rigid so it can handle bumping around in my backpack while I'm riding down the freeway or taking my backpack on and off haphazardly etc.

I wouldn't own any other apple product as I can't stand the iphone nor the ipad because an andriod tabled and phone can do just as much or more for less and gives me flexibility. On a laptop I don't want flexibility because I don't play games, I don't want to mess with the OS I want turn it on from day one and that pretty much be it. I hate windows updates every ing week its annoying. Microsoft hasn't put out a good OS since 98(mind you I haven't used 7,8 much) OSX out of the box works and doesn't need constant tweaking and updating.

Just like some people like iphones because they are straightforward and easy to use and setup thats what I like about my computers. Now phones and tablets are a different story.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I left apple, Im not even considering going back until they decide to catch up with todays tech. As far as macs go, they are okay. Not really a fan of the 1100+ dollar price tag because I could build a better computer for less but for a lot of people, they flat out work. It just annoys me that everyone that has one thinks that they are automatically a DJ, music producer, photo editor...etc. I can bet 85-90 percent of the user base uses it for web surfing and that's it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I left apple, Im not even considering going back until they decide to catch up with todays tech. As far as macs go, they are okay. Not really a fan of the 1100+ dollar price tag because I could build a better computer for less but for a lot of people, they flat out work. It just annoys me that everyone that has one thinks that they are automatically a DJ, music producer, photo editor...etc. I can bet 85-90 percent of the user base uses it for web surfing and that's it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Lol I don't do any type of editing at all. I bought it because I could afford it, durability as metal laptops were pretty much nonexistent back in 2010, I wanted to see if they were as nice as they claimed to be and build quality is by and far better or was at the time compared to anything else and battery life was great and for s sake the magnet power adapter so I don't end up breaking the plug from contantly moving it around, throwing it in a backpack or accidentally tripping over it lol.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Why did you switch back to iOS? I saw you on the iMore forums, too.

I'm still on my iP5, but I'm REALLY wanting the Note. Just not sure if I have the gall to switch or not.

The Note 2 is an awesome device. But I wanted to give the iPhone 5 a try. There were issues with the Note that I did encounter, However. Through my job, we use Firstclass email. The Android app doesn't work at all. The iPhone app works flawlessly. Also, my Beats headphones aren't fully functional with the Note. But they work flawlessly with the iPhone. Other than those things, I didn't have any issues. It is kind of weird being able to use my phone with just one hand with ease again. I will say this though, the battery lifeis really good on the Note, but not better than the iPhone 5. I was shocked at that, but it is true. And the iPhone 5 is faster. But I had expected that. Who knows how long I will stick with the iPhone though. I change devices pretty regularly.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
gall isn't the correct word. it might be "daring" or "moxie", but certainly not "gall". :) " gall: brazen boldness coupled with impudent assurance and insolence "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv