OK I did it, left the iPhone (exhale)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
App selection is still higher and better quality on iOS in many cases. It's not uncommon to see the same app on iOS look better and have more functionality than its Android counterpart. Also apps tend to come out on iOS first and sometimes never make it to Android.
On tablets it's not even close and if you have an iPhone and an iPad most apps are universal. Also if you use iPhone, iPad, and Mac iCloud and apps are very compelling.
I have owned every iPhone made and many, many Android phones. Right now I have an iPhone 5 and Note 2. Oh, and an iPad 4 and Nexus 10. ;-) I like the Nexus 10 but its nowhere near the build quality and forget about service and support, any decent app selection, and it lags.
Love the big screen on the Note 2, multi-window, and the pen, but especially the many different roms available. I do see some lag on the Note 2 as it comes out of the box but clean up the bloatware and it goes away for the most part. I don't like the cheap plasticky feel of the case and buttons. At all. A thin case makes that not too noticeable though.
Literally 90% of what I see Android users say about iOS is factually incorrect or hasn't been true for years and many seem to have a really immature attitude about it. On the other hand iPhone users don't seem to think much about Android at all.
So which apps are you speaking of. I see this thrown around all the time yet find very little too back it up. Usually when I ask which apps are so much better people say garage band which always confuses me. What apps are so much better on iOS? FYI I don't use Twitter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Tweetbot on my iphone 4 too and it was very nice compared to the stock twitter app. Falcon Pro looks to be a very nice alternative.

Coming back to android has been a surprise to see developers creating apps as good as ios.

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up my wife's white model today. She loves it and traded her iphone 4 in. ios is great for many but I suspect they don't know what they're missing with the current android os.
I'm one who doesn't know. I'm considering switching for the bigger screen, but not sure it's worth the hassle of switching. I don't really care about customization. Background colors, skins, etc. just aren't that important to me. Another concern of mine is one handed use, that's important to me. What have you found that you can do with the Note 2 that you couldn't do with the iPhone?

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm also a little worried about the size but i think i will get use to it. I usually keep my iPhones(3g and 4) and just get another phone just incase i want to switch. But seeing how the note 2 will be 600+ dollars i think i will sell my iPhone 5. Just not sure yet lol. I would prefer to wait and hope that black note 2 comes out!

There's several threads about the size and getting used to it. Looks like about 98% of people do in a few days, then can't bear the thought of going back to a tiny screen.
I don't think you'll have much luck with a black Note 2, though, they've already announced the new colors, brown (WTF?) and ruby:
8388667736_a5e7468158_c.jpg

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm one who doesn't know. I'm considering switching for the bigger screen, but not sure it's worth the hassle of switching. I don't really care about customization. Background colors, skins, etc. just aren't that important to me. Another concern of mine is one handed use, that's important to me. What have you found that you can do with the Note 2 that you couldn't do with the iPhone?
One is a pocket computer the other is a phone with apps. Watch this and you will see the difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh2NSLgaII&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
One is a pocket computer the other is a phone with apps. Watch this and you will see the difference.

I agree that is incredible, I just don't see myself needing to do any of that with my phone. I guess I didn't have an iPad, that kind of capability would be more compelling for me. But when I'm travelling or hanging out around the house and want to do heavy browsing, watch videos, or read books on my Kindle app, I use the iPad.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I see the Note as an alternative for when you're out or away from home. You can't put a pad in your pocket so the Note is much easier to carry and more likely to be with you.

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I see the Note as an alternative for when you're out or away from home. You can't put a pad in your pocket so the Note is much easier to carry and more likely to be with you.

I hear what you're saying. However for me, it seems like any situation where I would need the increased power or screen size, I would have my iPad with me. Otherwise, I'm out socially and don't need to be or want to be doing work. So then a smaller form factor makes more sense to carry. The Note 2 would be better for showing photos to people, but other than that it's hard to think of a situation where I would need the larger form factor and not have the iPad with me.

iPhoneTHS

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! I understand where you are. I made the same move two months ago. I'm glad I did. The GN2 is a much better platform. I'm sold on Samsung.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not for everyone but once you use it, it's very hard to go back to the iPhone 4 or 5. Could be an age thing too, your eyes and hands can't enjoy using the smaller device. The Note 2 is very skinny too which helps slipping it in your pocket or jacket. The stylus and apps are in a different ballpark too. My wife loves her Note 2 and more people she talks to, the more interested they get.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree that is incredible, I just don't see myself needing to do any of that with my phone. I guess I didn't have an iPad, that kind of capability would be more compelling for me. But when I'm travelling or hanging out around the house and want to do heavy browsing, watch videos, or read books on my Kindle app, I use the iPad.
oh I agree but where things are headed is pretty awesome. And having a phone that can do what you are asking plus a whole lot more is pretty cool. This phone isn't for everyone but what it does is opening up a whole new way of using technology. The iPhone is just the same stuff all the time.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the Solo HD. To be perfectly honest, I can't really tell the difference between them and regular headphones. My wife spent a lot of money on them so that's why I use them. But the earbuds that came with my Note 2 sounded better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

My girl bought me the same beats. A month later we was wrestling goofing around when I landed dead smack on top of em and broke em. Have a pair of 10$ RCA headphones which sound identical to the beats.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

zachpenguin

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Just last night I took my sister to get a galaxy note 2. Color me impressed! I left my iPhone 5 for a Droid DNA briefly in December, but came back. Beautiful phone, just wasn't for me. After playing with the Note 2 and giving it the back pocket test, I'm sold...well almost. Battery life is still the one thing that I'm not sure about. I know it is good, but I have no real world experience in the way I use a phone (which is hardly considered power use). I am definitely thinking really hard as I have another upgrade coming the 21st. After iOS for the last 3 years, I may be able to finally make that jump. Plus, have you seen the size of that screen!?!?!

sgtjiggy

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Love my note 2. Battery life is awesome. I can work a 12 hour shift +4 hours with heavy use.. and still have 20% before i head to bed!

Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Just last night I took my sister to get a galaxy note 2. Color me impressed! I left my iPhone 5 for a Droid DNA briefly in December, but came back. Beautiful phone, just wasn't for me. After playing with the Note 2 and giving it the back pocket test, I'm sold...well almost. Battery life is still the one thing that I'm not sure about. I know it is good, but I have no real world experience in the way I use a phone (which is hardly considered power use). I am definitely thinking really hard as I have another upgrade coming the 21st. After iOS for the last 3 years, I may be able to finally make that jump. Plus, have you seen the size of that screen!?!?!

The battery is close the iPhone 5. For the screen size and its capabilities, that's pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

zachpenguin

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
If you are getting battery life like that sgtjiggy, I feel a whole lot better about the battery life. I'm actually really excited and can't wait for the 21st to come.

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I definitely think I am going to pull the trigger on this Note 2 lol. Just need my iPhone 5 to sell. now the question is white or ti grey hhmmmmm