02-22-2013 09:42 AM
37 12
tools
    Where do you get that cord that plugs from phone to a USB stick? What is that called, and where can I buy one? Cool video by the way! -Casey
    Amazon or ebay have a ton

http://www.amazon.com/T-Flash-Adapte...cUvbUpU2598185
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    02-20-2013 07:51 AM
    For those who have the USB adapter cord, how often do you really use it, and for what purpose? I'm tempted to get this, since I'm a gadget/accessory hound, but I'm afraid it will end up being yet another one of many cords sitting in my many gadget bags collecting dust in my closet.
    02-20-2013 09:12 AM
    For those who have the USB adapter cord, how often do you really use it, and for what purpose? I'm tempted to get this, since I'm a gadget/accessory hound, but I'm afraid it will end up being yet another one of many cords sitting in my many gadget bags collecting dust in my closet.
    I use it every day . At work everyone keeps files on thumb drives so I just plug their drive into my phone and transfer rather then waiting for them to get time to leave the labs to get to a computer and email me the info

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    02-20-2013 09:18 AM
    I use it every day . At work everyone keeps files on thumb drives so I just plug their drive into my phone and transfer rather then waiting for them to get time to leave the labs to get to a computer and email me the info

That sounds quite useful. Might you know if it can support a 128GB thumbdrive USB stick? I'm thinking of getting a Sandisk 128GB USB stick at a really good sale price.

Another question: Does Samsung offer this same cord/adapter? Or is it only available as a no-name generic product? I couldn't find this product in the Samsung website. Thanks, Casey
    02-20-2013 09:54 AM
    That sounds quite useful. Might you know if it can support a 128GB thumbdrive USB stick? I'm thinking of getting a Sandisk 128GB USB stick at a really good sale price.

Another question: Does Samsung offer this same cord/adapter? Or is it only available as a no-name generic product? I couldn't find this product in the Samsung website. Thanks, Casey

Make sure to get the one ships and sold by amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SM-ET-...cUvbUpU2598635

Casey Cheung likes this.
    02-20-2013 10:51 AM

No I think it supports up to 64GB we all have 32gig at work so I haven't tried larger

Casey Cheung likes this.
    02-20-2013 11:02 AM
    That's great, thanks! I prefer the Samsung brand. I already have a similar USB/SD adapter from Samsung for my Samsung 7.7 Tab tablet. It's a shame I have so many freakin cords for different devices, it's a pain to keep track of them all ! Haha!
    02-20-2013 11:28 AM
    No I think it supports up to 64GB we all have 32gig at work so I haven't tried larger

Thanks for the update. If I buy the monster 128GB USB stick, I'll update to let you know if it's recognized.
    DroidXcon likes this.
    02-20-2013 11:30 AM
    Does anyone know if that same USB adapter cord would work on this Lenova A2109 tablet which uses a micro-USB charging port? I'm hoping the USB adapter cord should work on any device that uses a micro-USB charging outlet.

I bought this Lenova tablet on sale for $229.99 last week at Office Depot, the price is now higher at $299.99:
    Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Tablet 9 16 GB by Office Depot
    02-20-2013 12:33 PM
    Does anyone know if that same USB adapter cord would work on this Lenova A2109 tablet which uses a micro-USB charging port? I'm hoping the USB adapter cord should work on any device that uses a micro-USB charging outlet.

I bought this Lenova tablet on sale for $229.99 last week at Office Depot, the price is now higher at $299.99:
    It device needs to have driver support so its not just getting the cable. I don't know the answer though

02-20-2013 12:37 PM

It has to support usb otg. Not all MicroUSB devices do. I found mixed results here for your tablet.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-...le/td-p/863933

Casey Cheung likes this.
    02-20-2013 02:23 PM

Hi DroidXCon,

I have an update for you. Yesterday, I bought the Sandisk 128GB USB stick that is currently on sale at Staples store for $59.99. Good price, by the way! I did a test with my Samsung 7.7 Tab tablet, the same tablet you have I think. I already own the Samsung USB adapter with the special 30 pin outlet. I plugged in my massive 128GB USB stick into the adapter first, then plugged the combined devices into the Samsung 7.7 Tab. After a couple moments, the Samsung 7.7 Tab automatically recognized the USB stick, and showed the menu of folders and sub-folders. Only problem I had was trying to figure out if my Samsung 7.7 Tab recognized the entire 128GB of space (actually approx 119GB of usable space). I couldn't find anywhere on the tablet menu how much space was being recognized from the USB stick. It's not the same as plugging in a USB stick into a PC computer and going to "My Computer" or "Computer" to right click on the drive to see how much space is used or free. Is there any way I can find out how much free space is being recognized? Actually, it was a good thing in the first place the fact the Samsung 7.7 Tab immediately recognized the USB stick, which tells me there's a good chance it also recognized the entire 128GB of space. I've had other large memory cards (eg: 64GB micro-SD) whereby the tablet would say the external card is blank, not recongizing my files, which was false. The only way to resolve that problem was to first format the micro-SD card to FAT32, etc.

By the way, do you suppose you can send me one of those USB adapter cables so I can test to see if my 128GB USB stick will work with my Samsung Note 2 phone? I'd be happy to send you $10.00 in cash for payment. I'd rather do this then go through the hassle of ordering online. If agreeable, send me a PM message.

Thanks,
    Casey
    02-22-2013 09:42 AM
37 12