[Cool] Can a Note 2 replace a PC

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That's why I tagged it [cool] not practical lol

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Yup. I have a Asus gaming PC and no way will this note 2 house a 800 watt corsair PS ha ha, but for daylie regular PC use for school or whatever, definitely cool.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Where do you get that cord that plugs from phone to a USB stick? What is that called, and where can I buy one? Cool video by the way! -Casey

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Where do you get that cord that plugs from phone to a USB stick? What is that called, and where can I buy one? Cool video by the way! -Casey
i have about 30 of them i was thinking of doing contests but i need to have some ideas and i need to get permission from AC

Called an OTG or On The Go cable

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
For those who have the USB adapter cord, how often do you really use it, and for what purpose? I'm tempted to get this, since I'm a gadget/accessory hound, but I'm afraid it will end up being yet another one of many cords sitting in my many gadget bags collecting dust in my closet.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
For those who have the USB adapter cord, how often do you really use it, and for what purpose? I'm tempted to get this, since I'm a gadget/accessory hound, but I'm afraid it will end up being yet another one of many cords sitting in my many gadget bags collecting dust in my closet.
I use it every day . At work everyone keeps files on thumb drives so I just plug their drive into my phone and transfer rather then waiting for them to get time to leave the labs to get to a computer and email me the info

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I use it every day . At work everyone keeps files on thumb drives so I just plug their drive into my phone and transfer rather then waiting for them to get time to leave the labs to get to a computer and email me the info

That sounds quite useful. Might you know if it can support a 128GB thumbdrive USB stick? I'm thinking of getting a Sandisk 128GB USB stick at a really good sale price.

Another question: Does Samsung offer this same cord/adapter? Or is it only available as a no-name generic product? I couldn't find this product in the Samsung website. Thanks, Casey

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That sounds quite useful. Might you know if it can support a 128GB thumbdrive USB stick? I'm thinking of getting a Sandisk 128GB USB stick at a really good sale price.

Another question: Does Samsung offer this same cord/adapter? Or is it only available as a no-name generic product? I couldn't find this product in the Samsung website. Thanks, Casey

Make sure to get the one ships and sold by amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SM-ET...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2598635

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

No I think it supports up to 64GB we all have 32gig at work so I haven't tried larger

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

That's great, thanks! I prefer the Samsung brand. I already have a similar USB/SD adapter from Samsung for my Samsung 7.7 Tab tablet. It's a shame I have so many freakin cords for different devices, it's a pain to keep track of them all ! Haha!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if that same USB adapter cord would work on this Lenova A2109 tablet which uses a micro-USB charging port? I'm hoping the USB adapter cord should work on any device that uses a micro-USB charging outlet.

I bought this Lenova tablet on sale for $229.99 last week at Office Depot, the price is now higher at $299.99:
Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Tablet 9 16 GB by Office Depot

It device needs to have driver support so its not just getting the cable. I don't know the answer though

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if that same USB adapter cord would work on this Lenova A2109 tablet which uses a micro-USB charging port? I'm hoping the USB adapter cord should work on any device that uses a micro-USB charging outlet.

I bought this Lenova tablet on sale for $229.99 last week at Office Depot, the price is now higher at $299.99:
Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Tablet 9 16 GB by Office Depot

It has to support usb otg. Not all MicroUSB devices do. I found mixed results here for your tablet.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad...A2109-USB-Host-Mode-amp-OTG-Cable/td-p/863933

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
No I think it supports up to 64GB we all have 32gig at work so I haven't tried larger

Hi DroidXCon,

I have an update for you. Yesterday, I bought the Sandisk 128GB USB stick that is currently on sale at Staples store for $59.99. Good price, by the way! I did a test with my Samsung 7.7 Tab tablet, the same tablet you have I think. I already own the Samsung USB adapter with the special 30 pin outlet. I plugged in my massive 128GB USB stick into the adapter first, then plugged the combined devices into the Samsung 7.7 Tab. After a couple moments, the Samsung 7.7 Tab automatically recognized the USB stick, and showed the menu of folders and sub-folders. Only problem I had was trying to figure out if my Samsung 7.7 Tab recognized the entire 128GB of space (actually approx 119GB of usable space). I couldn't find anywhere on the tablet menu how much space was being recognized from the USB stick. It's not the same as plugging in a USB stick into a PC computer and going to "My Computer" or "Computer" to right click on the drive to see how much space is used or free. Is there any way I can find out how much free space is being recognized? Actually, it was a good thing in the first place the fact the Samsung 7.7 Tab immediately recognized the USB stick, which tells me there's a good chance it also recognized the entire 128GB of space. I've had other large memory cards (eg: 64GB micro-SD) whereby the tablet would say the external card is blank, not recongizing my files, which was false. The only way to resolve that problem was to first format the micro-SD card to FAT32, etc.

By the way, do you suppose you can send me one of those USB adapter cables so I can test to see if my 128GB USB stick will work with my Samsung Note 2 phone? I'd be happy to send you $10.00 in cash for payment. I'd rather do this then go through the hassle of ordering online. If agreeable, send me a PM message.

Thanks,
Casey