Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhinson52
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Otter Box

Has any one got a Otterbox Defender case where the screen protector lays flat on the phone screen ?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by jerry 12; 01-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Jerry

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Re: Otter Box

I bought one from Verizon the day I got my phone. I H.A.T.E. it and am returning it today. It is currently cover less and it's SO much better to use.
    The screen cover doesn't lay flat on the screen, which has caused me to mistype so many times. Swiping is horrible too.
    The lip of the cover hangs low over the screen, so pulling down the notification screen gets to be a pain over the course of a day.
    I have the defender, but maybe the commuter is better since it doesn't have a screen cover and doesn't hang low over the screen.
    I use the otterbox defender on my IPad mini and I have no probs with it on that device, but its not good with the Note 2 in my experience.
    Hope this helps!!!

I also have the Defender, the screen protector is loose and I got over it. No other complaint.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

ROM
    Stock

I have the Ballistic. Never looked back, never looked at anything else.

I got so used to the otterbox that when it finally got too scratched up and I replaced the screen protector part with a direct on-screen plastic one I had to retrain myself to keep from dbl touching or touching when I hadn't intended :=)

Nibble by byte, weaning from google
    Replacing my computer with a smartypantsphone - almost there.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    Has any one got a Otterbox Defender case where the screen protector lays flat on the phone screen ?

I took pictures & sent them to OtterBox & today I got a email from OtterBox saying I should have a new case in about a week. I hope the new case doesn't have the same issues. :rolleyes:

Jerry

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I took pictures & sent them to OtterBox & today I got a email from OtterBox saying I should have a new case in about a week. I hope the new case doesn't have the same issues. :rolleyes:

It will. Thats the nature of the defender case. The built in screen protector will always have this problem as has every defender case ever made.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    It will. Thats the nature of the defender case. The built in screen protector will always have this problem as has every defender case ever made.
    It may be that way but some on here posted that there's layed flat on the note screen.

Jerry

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

It may be that way but some on here posted that there's layed flat on the note screen.

Possibly, every one I've had (and I've had a defender for every phone including the note 2) never fits flat with the exception of the iPhone 3g. On the 3g defender it fit flat but this caused oil spots between the phone and protector. The design has since been improved but I suggest you go in a store to try it for yourself.

I returned the defender after a few hours of owning it. To me it's not worth spending that kind of money and not be pleased with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

I bought my otterbox defender the day I got my note 2. The only problem that bothers me is that the openings around the ear peice, front camera, sensors, and the home button allows dust and stuff to get under the screen protector. I had it on for 30 seconds and noticed a peice of black fuzz at the top above the screen and a very small one roughly were the sun is on the samsung weather widget. Ive been told just to take the screen protector off the case and put a zagg protector on it but I dont want to void the warranty. Also the screen pritector dosent touch the screen witch isnt a big deal for me since I had a Trident Kraken 2 on my Droid X2 witch its screen protector didnt touch thr screen but in a few spots it made a oil spot were it did touch and was annoying and never could fix it. I love how the defender is made and the new silicon dont really attract lint and is more eazy to slide in and out of my pocket, im not too big on holsters.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    2001 Dodge Dakota Patriot Blue!!!
    3.9L "beast"
    Magnaflow and gutted cat.

Lg Marquee > Droid 1 > Droid X2 > Galaxy Note 2 "The Beast"
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I got the replacement case today in the mail from OtterBox. I see no difference than the original case the same issues.
    I will keep this case on the phone for a week or so to see if anything gets better. :rolleyes:
    Jerry

I got my note yesterday and bought the otter box, because I didn't see any other case that would protect my phone the way I wanted. I did find the screen protector to be very annoying and I doubt that I will get over it. For now I will keep this case, since there are not many cases out there that I like. What I will do is take the screen protector out and put a screen shield. I did that on my otter box with my S3 and it worked out pretty good. But I do feel that for a case worth $60, it's something that they should've addressed.

Just yesterday I popped of the OB screen protector and had a Ghost Armor direct on screen protector installed. Best thing I could have done. The Defender case and GA screen protector=the perfect combo!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    roadpizza73 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

You guys are too picky. The built in protector is crap so why not replace it? I have an otterbox defender too but popped out the screen protector and put on a sgp ultra crystal. One of if not the best screen protector. Dont have any scratches nor bubbles nor screen fuzziness. Simple. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    That is not correct. The screen protector on iPhone lay flush, at least mine did on every defender I had for my 4s

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

I just made a post about my otterbox scratching my phone, can any of you guys check it out and let me know if you have also had the problem?

I actually love my defender case. But yes the screen protector while protective, definitely makes the phone less enjoyable to use. Like others I've emailed Otterbox. I also asked them questions like, if they'll be addressing the screen protector issue since all the forums including their website is loaded with complaints. And i don't mind ripping the stock screen protector out and installing a different one, but will it make the case less sturdy?

Edit... In addition.... If the dust keeps getting in under the protector obviously it needs cleaned often. will the case wear out quicker having to take it on and off?