Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default samsung calendar marking wrong day as today

Does anyone know what would be causing my calendar to show up with the wrong day marked as today when I go into list view. This is happening on my note 2 and my wife's s3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails samsung calendar marking wrong day as today-2013-01-15-22-18-49.png  

Default Re: samsung calendar marking wrong day as today

Check your time zone setting. Are you on, for example, GMT while in the US? Because it's already tomorrow there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Time zone is set correctly. I even tried forcing it to always use local zone in settings and choosing eastern time zone but no luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Weird... mine didn't do that, neither does my fiancee's s3... I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

In the notification bar, what date does it say?

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Ok. Paid more attention to this once my wife pointed it out. The day marked today is correct until 7pm then it moves ahead a day. My notification bar shows correct day and time. So I am guessing it is a time zone issue but not sure where it needs to be changed as forcing calendar to est time zone did not fix the problem.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I also downloaded the google calendar and it marks the day correctly so it must be something to do with the samsung calendar skin

Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Have you checked time zone on both the calendar app and the main phone settings? By my math, it should be gmt-5 (east coast?)

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

That is weird... I'm on an International Note 2 and that doesn't happen (it happens a lot on the widget though, that it gets stuck on the wrong day instead of showing today's agenda or contents...but that's a different bug). Since you say it seems to happen after a certain time, have you checked the settings for when your day starts and when it ends? Maybe it's got something to do with that...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I was wondering if it had to do with when my day starts and stops, but I can't find where I can change that on my verizon note 2. Where am I missing that at?

Mmmm...you're right, it's not a setting in the phone. I'm using an Exchange calendar and that account does have that setting, but I assume you're using only either local calendar or Google's. So weird, and in two phones... are your phone and your wife's carrier-branded? Are they the same model? If so, maybe it's a bug introduced by the carrier's software. Mine's a factory-unlocked International Version.

I'm having the same problem. Anybody figure out a solution to this? The most annoying part of it is that my list widget for the Samsung calendar is also listing events for the next day. I have even tried other agenda widgets and they have the same problem.

You should stick with the google calendar anyway. I thinks its better.

Quote Originally Posted by chadrph View Post
    I also downloaded the google calendar and it marks the day correctly so it must be something to do with the samsung calendar skin

iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon

Having the same exact issue. Galaxy S3. Brand new. Shows the correct day seemimgly everywhere but in list view. Switches to say tomorrow is today around 7pm. Have tried turning off auto-time zone, resetting the time zone manually, checked time zones on my google calendar via laptop...only issue is with list view. How do we fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by elomacaug View Post
    Having the same exact issue. Galaxy S3. Brand new. Shows the correct day seemimgly everywhere but in list view. Switches to say tomorrow is today around 7pm. Have tried turning off auto-time zone, resetting the time zone manually, checked time zones on my google calendar via laptop...only issue is with list view. How do we fix this?
    Ive never had that happen

I have noticed that after midnight the date on the widget wont change but the appts shown keep right.

Weirdness.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk HD

While in List Mode when you tap in the Today button, does it change or still continues to display the incorrect date?

From time to time mine will display the wrong date, but pressing the Today button usually fixes it for that brief moment.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

In list view, when I click 'Today', it still says today is tomorrow. This is the 3rd Galaxy S3 in 12 days. Verizon, Samsung and Google have all thrown up their hands and claimed " not my problem". We have tried the following:

Hard reset
    Backup and restore
    Starting from brand new phone with no backup or non-system data
    All iterations of time zone adjustment
    Clearing cache
    Clearing data
    Syncing with google calendar
    Not syncing with google calendar and adding test events thru the system calendar
    updating google play store stuff
    Not updating play store

Nothing changes. On all three phones. Is it time to abandon ship?

deleted by me
    Last edited by universeand; 07-21-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Hi, I'm having the same problem about the "wrong today day" in the Calendar List mode with a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4.

In Month, Week and Day mode everything works perfectly, today is set correctly. It only shift the day in the List mode, to one day ahead.

Can somebody help please?

I can duplicate the "problem" but I don't see it as that big of a deal. I can only replicate the List View issue if I create an event for the next day. then the next day, in list view (at least on the evening of today), will be labeled as "Today". Perhaps that's just a "heads-up" that you have an appointment coming up soon? Doesn't seem like a big deal, UNLESS when in month mode or other modes, the current day isn't highlighted properly. At least that's my take on this.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

I have the same issue with my wifi Galaxy Note 8. I've tried all the things that others have tried (which were suggested by Samsung), so I guess they don't know what is going on. Perhaps it is not a big deal, but it is certainly an annoyance. I would love to hear about it if anyone figures out a solution.

No solution to this problem so far. So its not a smart phone !!! Although you paid for one. Iphone doesn't have this issue !!! Where is the update samsung or i am gone to pick apples !!!

I had this same problem and fixed it by Unchecking "lock time zone." Ridiculous.