Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What can I do with the S Pen?

I have an iPhone 5 and iPad mini and am considering replacing both with a Note 2. The S Pen looks very cool, what functions does it have besides drawing and writing? I never use drawing tools and cannot see myself drawing on or writing on a picture, which is what the marketing seems to emphasize. I may take notes by hand, but it seems like Swype and the keyboard are pretty efficient. What other uses does the pen have? Thanks!

Default Re: What can I do with the S Pen?

You can take screen shots with it. Press button and tap screen. Very cool.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmanbrian View Post
    I have an iPhone 5 and iPad mini and am considering replacing both with a Note 2. The S Pen looks very cool, what functions does it have besides drawing and writing? I never use drawing tools and cannot see myself drawing on or writing on a picture, which is what the marketing seems to emphasize. I may take notes by hand, but it seems like Swype and the keyboard are pretty efficient. What other uses does the pen have? Thanks!
    Honestly, you would need to watch a video to a couple dozen.

The s pen allows you to do anything that you would normally do with the screen by finger. That is the basics. Then it has all of the features that it is specifically designed to take advantage of the s-pen.

There is much more than just drawing, screen captures and writing. So much, that someone asked me the same question once on fb and g+. The list was so long that they thought I was lying. It does amazing things! The trick is learning how to do a lot of it takes a little while. This is my second note, and it originally did a lot, but the note 2 increased the capability so much, that I am still learning and setting things after two months of use/learning.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by 3:
    zmann, mrxblue and TheOtherBill like this.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Honestly, you would need to watch a video to a couple dozen.

The s pen allows you to do anything that you would normally do with the screen by finger. That is the basics. Then it has all of the features that it is specifically designed to take advantage of the s-pen.

There is much more than just drawing, screen captures and writing. So much, that someone asked me the same question once on fb and g+. The list was so long that they thought I was lying. It does amazing things! The trick is learning how to do a lot of it takes a little while. This is my second note, and it originally did a lot, but the note 2 increased the capability so much, that I am still learning and setting things after two months of use/learning.

So compile the list here too then?

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Swipe using the stock keyboard like a boss

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Flexia View Post
    So compile the list here too then?
    Why would I do that? I own mine and know what it can do. The burden is not on me. I did my investigation prior to purchase. I share on here, but my commitment is not up for grabs.

If you want to know, I will point you in the right direction, but this thing has too many features to list and two, that is a waste of my time. It was then, and it would be now.

I will suffice it to say that if you do not know what you can do with the s pen, then you need to think about what your needs are for considering it. It is that integrated into the device.

OP: that was directed at Flexia, not you.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    You can take screen shots with it. Press button and tap screen. Very cool.

Just tried doesn't work for me for some reason.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
    Just tried doesn't work for me for some reason.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums
    You have tutto hold the button, then touch the screen f for a second or so. It should then snap the shot.

Didn't anyone download the guide from the playstore? You know what though, in all honesty, samsung should include it on the phone. It helps with the basics.

TheOtherBill likes this.

Why would I do that? I own mine and know what it can do. The burden is not on me. I did my investigation prior to purchase. I share on here, but my commitment is not up for grabs.
    Well to start, if you really did already compile a list it would be a simple copy and paste that would take seconds. Otherwise what was the point of the comment? It's not sharing on here if your comment is just to brag you created a list without actually posting it. That is, if the list really exists.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

The Spen is awesome for scratching your head. Seriously.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I took your advice and downloaded the manual and I am having a blast. This s pen is amazing.

love my evo.

You have tutto hold the button, then touch the screen f for a second or so. It should then snap the shot.

Didn't anyone download the guide from the playstore? You know what though, in all honesty, samsung should include it on the phone. It helps with the basics.

What is it called on the PlayStore?

Quote Originally Posted by Grifftech2K13 View Post
    What is it called on the PlayStore?
    Note 2 user guide is what I typed In the search bar

love my evo.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
    Well to start, if you really did already compile a list it would be a simple copy and paste that would take seconds. Otherwise what was the point of the comment? It's not sharing on here if your comment is just to brag you created a list without actually posting it. That is, if the list really exists.
    Agreed, it would be helpful on a Note 2 forum for newbee's, I realize it might take someone's time away from bashing Apple or something but it might actually help instead of just posting BS.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
    My Facebook is my business. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. It wouldn't take seconds if I don't want you to know my name now would it? How do I know your not a psycho or identity thief? I don't know you! Obviously, your loose with your information, I'm not.

I'm not bragging. If you want a list or something, do like I did and read! Research! Instead of trying to punch a hole in my trues (which you cannot do, even if you just check my responses on ac), if you want to know, don't take the lazy way. Do some work!

I did and really, really don't feel like teaching.

Brag! Thanks, that says it all. Don't be scared. It's Ok.

zmann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pstmstr View Post
    Agreed, it would be helpful on a Note 2 forum for newbee's, I realize it might take someone's time away from bashing Apple or something but it might actually help instead of just posting BS.
    Read, research and read! BS to you is what I know. Start with the guide, then read a "few"of my posts to video reviews. Spend a few hours watching and see if you feel like listing it all out.

Know what your talking about before you call something bs. And Apple(bashing add you call it, but really the truth from my experience with both) is really a non factor to me. The issue at hand is the depth of what this thing can and does do.

Maybe it escapes you out of ignorance. I just know a lot of what this amazing device dies because I took it "upon myself" to learn about it.

Yuck, this discussion is just greasy....

I don't get it. You gave some great advice which i followed and learned everything about the s pen is an hour. People, just listen to him and go get the guide and learn. That is good solid advice that requires you to be proactive.

love my evo.
    Thanked by 2:

I took your advice and downloaded the manual and I am having a blast. This s pen is amazing.

Does it help, or am I shooting bs like they said? Lol!

Does it help, or am I shooting bs like they said? Lol!

Dude, , thanks. Helped tremendously

love my evo.
    Thanked by:

I don't get it. You gave some great advice which i followed and learned everything about the s pen is an hour. People, just listen to him and go get the guide and learn. That is good solid advice that requires you to be proactive.

Lol, no my friend. That is just the basics dude. You really want to get a headache finding out what it can and does do, let me know.

And thank you. Sometimes just one comment like yours keeps me going to help people.

Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.

Aren't the forums for helping others not being a giant DB? Copy and pasting a list doesn't reveal your identity from FB. You say you took the time to do it there but then come here and be a giant db about it. Where's the mods when you need them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Dude, , thanks. Helped tremendously

I'm getting off here for a second. PM me if you want the information. It takes a long time though. I'm still learning myself.

Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

My Facebook is my business. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. It wouldn't take seconds if I don't want you to know my name now would it? How do I know your not a psycho or identity thief? I don't know you! Obviously, your loose with your information, I'm not.

I'm not bragging. If you want a list or something, do like I did and read! Research! Instead of trying to punch a hole in my trues (which you cannot do, even if you just check my responses on ac), if you want to know, don't take the lazy way. Do some work!

I did and really, really don't feel like teaching.

Brag! Thanks, that says it all. Don't be scared. It's Ok.

If you dont feel like sharing any of this info why even have an account on the site. This site is about users sharing and learning. Not for some one to say I found it the hard way I expect you to do the same. It also seems like you are waisting more of your time arguing then it would have taking to copy and paste the list you so called already made.

Sorry to the OP, hope we can get this back on track
    Thanked by 3:
    zapfrog, Tinmania and alamarco like this.

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Probably one of the S Pen features I use the most is note taking during phone calls. When in a call, taking out the S Pen opens a new note automatically. You can even send the note to the person you are talking to with just one click.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )
    Thanked by:

Who said you had to share your Facebook? Facebook has nothing to do with this. You apparently created a list of S Pen features, what does that have to do with personal information? Did you add your name and SIN into the list every other line? Based on this, you don't have a list because it would take seconds to copy a list of text. Copy and paste is not that difficult and trying to back this up by tying this into Facebook and personal information is just you reaching.

You are bragging, because this topic is about learning about S Pen features and you come in and say you have a list, but that's it. What's the point of doing that if you weren't willing to share this list? There's no other reason except bragging.

---

On that note, I apologize for derailing the thread. I assumed there was really a list and this information would be shared as per the point of this thread, but as per above I was wrong so I won't continue to derail this further.
    Thanked by 2:
    Foolo and zapfrog like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast