Check if your Note 2 has dark blobs in the dark

Thorin Oakenshield

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting these specifically for the Note 2? I know that it was a widespread problem in previous Samsung/AMOLED devicess.

Basically it's a weird dark/black blobs that you can see on your phone when your phone is in low brightness, and in a very dark room. The dark blobs usually appear on black or a dark gray/dark blue/dark color background.

Does anyone else have this for the Note 2? I am not sure if it's worth me going back and replacing it right now, what is seen cannot be unseen and I can't stop noticing it whenever I read something with a dark background on the Note 2.

EDIT: You will not notice the blobs at all in a lit environment.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to see these on my Note II but I know that both my RAZR Maxx and RAZR HD had these splotches.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Would you be willing to check if it does sometime please? Thanks
I would love to know so I can go replace it, since i have about 7 days left to replace it

I just put it on an all black screen and brightness down and no splotches at all.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here. That was on the S3 and I didn't like it at all but I haven't noticed it on my Note 2.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just to put this out there. I originally experienced these ugly black splotches that only occur with AMOLED displays back when I bought a Galaxy Crapxus. I swiftly returned it.

But at the time I saw too many reports from people with clear evidence showing that they do in fact have the spots, so it got to the point where anyone claiming they didn't have it I just dismissed it because it was so hard to believe.

Then enters the Note 2. Both mine and my wife's Note 2's have ugly splotches all over the screen when viewing pitch black image, brightness down. My brother however does not have this, at all. I even know precisely what to look for and I was dumbfounded by the fact that he simply doesn't have a single imperfection. I also noticed whites on his screen were noticeably cooler and less yellow/warm tinted when compared to my Note 2.

Are there Note 2's out there which have immaculate screens? You betcha. What are the odds you'll get one? Slim to none. Good luck returning yours though. I sat and debated with myself for a good while before deciding to say screw it. I have 0 dead pixels on my screen and am so grateful to have that.

Imagine returning a phone with 0 dead pixels but with splotches, only to get a new one with splotches AND dead pixels? UGH. I couldn't stand the thought of going into the store looking like some snobby person demanding new phones over something that the vast majority consider negligible. And so I kept my splotched up phone lol

Thorin Oakenshield

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Well ing said, I guess I won't return mines after all. It was just the above posters who claimed that they in fact, did not have any of the blobs got me thinking that the Note 2 was not suppose to have these "normalities."
Although I'm still curious to how many Note 2 users are still affected by this.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well ing said, I guess I won't return mines after all. It was just the above posters who claimed that they in fact, did not have any of the blobs got me thinking that the Note 2 was not suppose to have these "normalities."

Rough because I can confirm I have 0 splotches and my friend also has none.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Here's the thing about the above users Heisenberg.

I have seen this type of situation happen all over the net, all over. Hell just the other day I saw this exact scenario about THIS phone on THESE forums discussing the light bleed around the capactive buttons that is only happening on the White model of the phone.

This one user SWORE that his precious snowflake made it through the assembly line immune to this problem. He swore he didn't have any light bleed. Well after people demanding photos, he caved in and admitted that it is there he just never noticed.

Now that's light bleed, light bleed that is visible even in broad daylight. What we're asking here with these splotches, demands an extreme attention to detail and care that I'd bet most of these users don't possess. That's fine and all. But I hate when people proclaim opinion for fact. I'm not saying Note 2's without splotches don't exist, but don't think the odds are in your favor. They're not.

Oh and here I found the post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...leeding-through-capacitive-touch-buttons.html

"I swear my phone is special and doesn't have this problem!!!!!!"

"Oh crap... wait it does!"

I believe we're seeing some of this in this very thread ;)

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I had it on the original droid razr and my s3 I know what im looking for it I dont have it not trying to sound like a dick though just making a statement:)

sent via VZW GaLaXy note II

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I've noticed is like a large ring around the screen, but that's on an all black screen, low brightness, like on power off... and I think it's supposed to be there

It's not a nuisance and my screen looks perfect

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing about the above users Heisenberg.

I have seen this type of situation happen all over the net, all over. Hell just the other day I saw this exact scenario about THIS phone on THESE forums discussing the light bleed around the capactive buttons that is only happening on the White model of the phone.

This one user SWORE that his precious snowflake made it through the assembly line immune to this problem. He swore he didn't have any light bleed. Well after people demanding photos, he caved in and admitted that it is there he just never noticed.

Now that's light bleed, light bleed that is visible even in broad daylight. What we're asking here with these splotches, demands an extreme attention to detail and care that I'd bet most of these users don't possess. That's fine and all. But I hate when people proclaim opinion for fact. I'm not saying Note 2's without splotches don't exist, but don't think the odds are in your favor. They're not.

Oh and here I found the post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...leeding-through-capacitive-touch-buttons.html

"I swear my phone is special and doesn't have this problem!!!!!!"

"Oh crap... wait it does!"

I believe we're seeing some of this in this very thread ;)

The difference is I'm positive. I've had this issue in my RAZR models and Playstation Vita. This is not an issue on my Note II or my friends and she has it in White as if it matters but just saying. I know what I'm looking for and can confirm without a doubt I don't see it at all.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I had some (alot on my Samsung Galaxy s3) but only small pixel size ones (like 3) here on my note, but no huge blotches or dead pixels. Doesn't bother too much.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So apparently not a single person except for 2 has the blobs in this thread

I would like to mention the first Note II I had was turning off as the battery was loose so I had it replaced by Verizon. I had no splotches on that screen (Made in China) and none on my current (Made in Korea).

It may be normal as screens do it but I'd see if you could fix it if possible. Either way, no big deal as it's only on dark screens

Thorin Oakenshield

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would like to mention the first Note II I had was turning off as the battery was loose so I had it replaced by Verizon. I had no splotches on that screen (Made in China) and none on my current (Made in Korea).

It may be normal as screens do it but I'd see if you could fix it if possible. Either way, no big deal as it's only on dark screens

That is quite the luck of the draw you have there. Maybe i'm wrong and my Note 2 is definitely defective one of the defective bunch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci