Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: Is it really replacing your tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Love my Note 2, but I still use my Nexus 7 around the house and primarily use the Note 2 when away from home. I just prefer the larger 7" screen on the Nexus 7 when I'm at home.
    +1

Same exact thing for me. Note loses out to the N7 at home. And I'm kinda psyched about the 8" Note Tablet coming out...
    codeda likes this.

At home I use the tablet. I got the note 2 so I wouldn't have to carry two things when traveling. So far the note 2 has been enough when traveling.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    codeda likes this.

I still use my iPad 3 LTE, but not as much as before the N2. I picked up a Note 10.1 wifi at Costco on Sunday, but I haven't opened it yet. I have seen that Verizon is coming out with an LTE version of the Note 10.1 and I would like to see pricing before I open the wifi version. I think I will use that one to take notes at meetings, which happen way too much. I like the larger size for serious web surfing and watching video. Other than that the N2 has filled the need for some of the things I used to do more frequently on my iPad.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I still like the combination of a regular sized phone and a full sized tablet. I had my Note 2 for two months and it was awesome. But still doesn't compare to a regular smartphone and a tablet.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    I still like the combination of a regular sized phone and a full sized tablet. I had my Note 2 for two months and it was awesome. But still doesn't compare to a regular smartphone and a tablet.
    Did you switch away from the note? I notice past tense

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Never had a tablet but dygonnit the biggest phone I've had and love every inch of it lol.. I'd definitely like to keep a tablet along side this beast tho, not a bad idea. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    codeda likes this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Yea it actually is, I sold my ipad 3 (I got a monster deal on it) and actually picked up a cheaper nexus 7 for the few times I need a tablet. I dont own a labtop anymore so its pretty much my nexus 7 (read stuff on it before bed), my desktop that I use mainly as a media center for my entertainment system, and my note 2 that I use for everything else.

I also use my phone to stream media at my girlfriends house when we wanna watch movies on her tv.

That depends a lot on what you want to do.

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and had a Nexus 4 that I traded for an off contract unlocked T-mobile Galaxy Note 2.

The nexus 4 had no chance of replacing my Gnote10 but with the Note 2 I find myself using the Gnote10 much less.

Now from what I have read and my experience with the Nexus 4 I think the Note 2 would easily replace a Nexus 10. As the only advantage of the Nexus 10 would be the size and the quick updates (which can cause problems them selves). While the Note 2 offers quite a lot of screen size and the resolution combined with the different pixel characteristics the Note 2 has makes reading and such a pleasure even for my old tired eyes.

I feel the Note 2 can't really replace my Gnote10 because of some special apps that won't run on the note 2 (like PS Touch) and the extra screen size for drawing the Gnote10 offers. Hope this helps.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE
    Thanked by:
    codeda 
    _X_

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

It did for me. For I use to carry a 4" phone and a 7" tablet everywhere I went. since I got my note I only take my note. I don't even use my 7" at home.

My Note 2 did replace my N7. As far as a 10 inch tablet though, I think I would still use that size tablet but wouldn't carry it around with me. It's be for home usage. But unless I got an extremely good deal on a 10 incher, the Note 2 satisfies any of my needs, from Web browsing to playing games

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I still give love to my tablet as well

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Default Is it really replacing your tablet?

I use my phone when I'm out and about and infuse my tablet when home. So it makes having both beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    If I were never here, you would never know.

I wouldn't buy a 7" tablet, but I still use my new ipad,

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I've had my Note II for a week but still use my GT 2 7.0 about as much as before when at home. I still take the tablet to work, but usually just use the Note II except for when needing to look at manuals for the equipment I work on- that extra screen real estate of the tablet makes it easier.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

Will not be replacing my tablet, just the same as my tablet will not be replacing my laptop.
    Note II- for emails, sms, phone calls and short web browsing sessions while on the go.
    Tablet- for reading ebooks/magazines and playing games
    Laptop- for work related activities, requiring long hours of use at any given time and occasionally watching movies.
    Thanked by:
    srvctec likes this.

I use my note 10.1 as well. I bought it after the note 2. Could have done without it but I enjoy it. This is the first phone I don't mind browsing the Web on but it is still nicer on a 10" tablet. I think a 7" would end up collecting dust.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Not really replacement but your tablet is now secondary... my poor playbook lol.

After having some time with my Note 2, I no longer need to take my son's Kindle Fire at night

Have Nexus 7 have not touched it in 2 weeks since Note came in...reading is the same if not better just in larged the font and print size one level.

Many apps have features on it the tablet doesnt have.

HBO Go, ESPN Live, CNN live look outstanding on Note II

I will say this is my tablet. For anything serious, I use my Windows Desktop. My wife has an Archos 101G9 tablet and my son got a Lenovo A1 7" tablet and I've tried to use them and was not very impressed. My GN2 seems to be faster and more responsive overall than either of them. I use my GN2 to look up fast facts and for work with my medical programs I have installed. For any serious Internet research and forum reading, I'm at my desktop.
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer
    BeRich likes this.

I bought an iPad 2 back when I owned my S3 and I hardly use it now that I have my Note 2. Even for watching movies on the go, using the Kindle app, or (on the rare occasion) Skyping, my N2 is my device of choice. And I don't have to worry about charging my N2 in the middle of the day like I have with devices in the past, so I don't have to ease up on using my phone and supplementing with the iPad anymore. Plus my phone is so much easier to transport than a bigger tablet. I only have the iPad now because my toddler loves the learning apps, but she still likes playing with my phone as well. My husband also uses it, but he owns a Skyrocket and has to be careful with its battery being sucked down. So as far as replacing my tablet goes, I think I could sell it and not even really miss it.
    Error

I still use my 10.1 tablet. And once in awhile my laptop. Love my Note2 but can't give up the tab and laptop

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I still use my 10.1 tablet. And once in awhile my laptop. Love my Note2 but can't give up the tab and laptop
    Same here. I still use my Nexus 7 at home and occasionally the Note 2, but have actually found myself going back to the laptop more and more as these mobile devices just can't duplicate the typing efficiency and raw power of a regular computer, not to mention the much larger displays (ex. 15-17"). There are times I just get so frustrated trying to type on the tablet or phone and/or zoom in and out on websites, whereas on the computer it's so easy typing using both hands without having to look at the keyboard (big thanks to my old high school typing class! Home row, home row! ).

I gave my Ipad 2 to my mom, after buying my Note 2. Ever since it came out of the box, the Ipad never got used.

Plus, the Note 2 hurts less if you manage to fall asleep while using it. Trust me, the Ipad 2 hurts like hell.

Sent by a Kiwi using a Galaxy Note 2! Kia Ora!
    BeRich likes this.

Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts

I'm embarrassed to say I have three devices (iPhone 5, boring; Nexus 4, and my brand new Note 2). I also have an iPad 3 and Nexus 7. Plus a 13" MacBook Air.

I hardly ever open the Air and N7. The iPhone is used only because my whole family has them and I'm too chicken to give it up. I'm totally enamored with both the N4 and Note 2. I use the iPad daily, however, I think I could probably do without it now.

And yes, I do have a tech problem.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast