Is it really replacing your tablet?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an offer from a guy at work to buy his nexus 10 for a pretty good deal ( apple guy and didn't like it). A few weeks ago I was contemplating switching my nexus for a friends n2 but it didn't work out. But now that the idea is in my mind and I have this nexus 10 offer I'm wondering if can't save myself a bit of money and just sell my N4 and buy the N2.

So my question is, is this phone really satisfying your need for a tablet? Have you stopped using yours? And not just a 7 inch tablet for 10 inch ones as well. I mostly use tablets for a bigger screen to surf the web, fool around, read a book. Nothing crazy.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Not for me. Reading with my 10 inch tablet is just better. Also it makes a killer GPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont actually have a tablet... I bought my son a Kindle Fire that I steal after he goes to bed.... and I just bought the Note 2 with hopes that it will satisfy my desire for a tablet.... seeing as I have no real need for a tablet.. I just use his to surf the web while watching tv, play words with friends, etc....

so I'm hoping the Note2 kills 2 birds with one Note.....

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I dont actually have a tablet... I bought my son a Kindle Fire that I steal after he goes to bed.... and I just bought the Note 2 with hopes that it will satisfy my desire for a tablet.... seeing as I have no real need for a tablet.. I just use his to surf the web while watching tv, play words with friends, etc....

so I'm hoping the Note2 kills 2 birds with one Note.....

How's that going for you so far? Still grabbing the kindle fire at night?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad 3, Samsung Tab 10.1, & Nexus 7. After getting the Note 2, I don't use those devices like I used to.
I use my Tab 10.1 & iPad if I want to watch videos and websites on a bigger screen. My Nexus 7 is now being used the least.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Not a replacement for me. I have the N2 and 10.1 Note. For me a 7" Note phone would be ideal.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not a replacement for me. I have the N2 and 10.1 Note. For me a 7" Note phone would be ideal.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

am i the only one who agrees? i have a transformer prime and don't use it nearly as much as before note 2......i would love the 7" form factor with option to just make calls from it too. i have a bluetooth headphones i use for long conversations anyway. now that i've used the spen and love it i often wonder if i would use the note 10.1 more than the transformer.

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Never had a tablet, but I've used other people's and was not impressed. Much more difficult to take round the house with you and of course it's not easy to put in your pocket when going out, I use my phone as a tablet and am happy with that rarely use a desktop anymore. But I would like slightly larger and more power plus larger battery and a physical keyboard would be the icing on the cake. But hey you can't have everything, have to say that watching movies on the note 2 is incredible, I expected to be much less engaged when veiwing on the smaller screen but because it's so close you quickly forget the screen size.

LupeValenz

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the Nexus7 and the HTC Evo 4G LTE and this Note 2 easily made me sell those two off. I went ahead and boxed the two devices for 14 days to see if I had the urge to go back and use them but after the 14 day trial the urge never creeped up on me. I have to say that I do have a Kindle Fire HD and use that everyday but that us because I'm an Amazon Fanboy and use that mostly as my video tablet.

Sent from my Awesome Galaxy Note 2!

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice everyone!! I think I'm going to go ahead and get the tablet today because a ten inch can't be beat ( can always resell). Kinda still want the note 2 though..... Damn technology!!

Uristocles

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 1 which is now 100% for the kids to play games. When I need to VPN to work I just grab a laptop.

This Note2 truly has become mostly an all I'm one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It has not replaced my tablet but changed the way (and frequency) that I use it. I use to carry both my GS2 and my HP Touchpad (runnung CM9) daily. Now I only carry my note 2. If I am sitting down to do some serious relaxing reading 30 min+ I will still grab my TP but I find myself doing that less and less. I think I will still fly with my TP too so I can watch movies on the bigger screen but in general for daily life my Note 2 is it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

AuKuswara

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
i just got my galaxy note 2 a couple of days ago, love it and configuring and installing apps to maximize its use. i decided to skip the whole tablet thingy, the galaxy note 2's screen is large enough for my "on the go" news reading/watching and email calendar task organizing, notes taking and scathing. but i think when i said i will skip the table thingy, i am referring to the tablet as a device, rather as a form factor. down the track (1-1.5 years??) when its due for me to replace my current notebook, i will buy one that can be detached and used as a tablet, but must run all of my normal apps. so at the moment, something along Samsung's ATIV PC, Microsoft Surface, and the like. haven't decided my self on what OS, so far Win 8 Pro is the only choice i think. that "tablet" must be able to run Adobe applications, Nvivo, etc heavy weight applications.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought a 7 inch tablet Dec 21. 2 weeks ago i return it and bought my note 2 and have no regrets. I have a 10 inch galaxy tablet that i don't even touch anymore so i gave it to my daughter. So for me, yes it has replaced the tablet. As soon as the 6 inch note 3 comes out (assumption) i will purchase that. Lol.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I still have my iPad and still use it quite a bit. Granted I don't use it as much as before I got my N2 but it does still get used.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I fully intended to have both a phone and a tablet back when I was planning to stay with Apple and Verizon, but with my Note 2, I've decided to skip the tablet. It would seem superfluous now. Also, even though I bought my N2 for full price, I'll save money quickly by going prepaid and not buying a tablet!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I still grab for my ipad but not as much now. If I didn't own it already I wouldn't have bought a tablet now using a Note 2.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My Note 2 has replaced 99% of my iPad usage. I still like reading on the iPad, but in terms of a quick lookup or gaming tips my Note 2 has taken over the iPad.

The Note 2's screen is big enough where browsing the web is easy so no longer need my iPad for that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance