Is it really replacing your tablet?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I still use my Nexus 7 at home and occasionally the Note 2, but have actually found myself going back to the laptop more and more as these mobile devices just can't duplicate the typing efficiency and raw power of a regular computer, not to mention the much larger displays (ex. 15-17"). There are times I just get so frustrated trying to type on the tablet or phone and/or zoom in and out on websites, whereas on the computer it's so easy typing using both hands without having to look at the keyboard (big thanks to my old high school typing class! Home row, home row! :)).

Definitely not replacing my tablet now as I dumped my Nexus 7 for a Galaxy Note 10.1! The bigger screen, S-Pen, and larger on-screen keyboard make a big difference. So now I'm back to using the tablet more than a PC. The Note 2 is still my go to device when I'm away from home. It's a heck of a combo though: Note 10.1 and Note 2! (Nexus is overrated IMO, don't miss it one bit) :p

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It hasnt replaced it with me, its easier to use cause its always in my pocket but if I need to mess around on the net my nexus 7 will be used

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
If I were still on the 7 inch Playbook, it definitely would have replaced it. But I use my Surface as a true tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I intend on using it to replace my Nexus 7, which sits at home unused and uncharged except for when i travel. Since i always use my computers for work and fun, and my smartphone for some lounging on the couch the Note 2 seems like a likely candiate to replace the tablet. TC

Sunkenghost

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I originally had an iPad mini when I started noticing the Note commercials. A lightbulb went off in my head that the Note could replace both my iPhone and iPad mini. I bought the Note 2 and realized that I could read comics fine, draw even more efficiently (the palm rejection with the S-Pen is crazy great), and games looked amazing. I have sold my iPad mini and the iPhone. So, for me, yes indeed, the Note 2 replaced my tablet big time.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the ipad 1..w going to sell it on Craiglist but kept it.
It's used daily by my 6yr daughter. I mean daily lol... She knows how to use that thing like the back of her hand and of course the iphone but both devices are still in my house hold.
No way did the ipad1 crash, I'm amazed at how long and how much use it gets and no crashes.
Any ways I have nexus 7..i love android so I switched from apple.. I still use it for example reading and my 11yr old plays with it too and actually takes pictures lol
My 17yr old is going to require glasses she uses her iphone 4s non stop for everything. No flash screen TV in her room just an older TV with a dvd player and she will watch Netflix on her iphone lol
Any ways sorry so long... But yes I don't see crashes. Only place I see crashes and major lag ugh is my laptop. I barely use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the ipad 1..w going to sell it on Craiglist but kept it.
It's used daily by my 6yr daughter. I mean daily lol... She knows how to use that thing like the back of her hand and of course the iphone but both devices are still in my house hold.
No way did the ipad1 crash, I'm amazed at how long and how much use it gets and no crashes.
Any ways I have nexus 7..i love android so I switched from apple.. I still use it for example reading and my 11yr old plays with it too and actually takes pictures lol
My 17yr old is going to require glasses she uses her iphone 4s non stop for everything. No flash screen TV in her room just an older TV with a dvd player and she will watch Netflix on her iphone lol
Any ways sorry so long... But yes I don't see crashes. Only place I see crashes and major lag ugh is my laptop. I barely use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Even then, newer laptops are getting better. I think they are starting to follow the smartphone/tablet setup for operations.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still have my BB PlayBook (yes, I'm the guy who bought one -- that was me!). I used it mainly for reading the NY Times every morning on its sideloaded Android app, plus Facebooking, browsing, and occasional movie watching on the Plex app (the email app on it totally sucks, ironically). I've only used it once since I got the N2, and that was only because I was in the midst of syncing 58GB of music to the SD card on my N2. It's destined to be sold.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a Nexus 7 or 10, or the Note 10.1, but I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of them. A 10 inch tab sounds like a better fit since the 7" is so close to the N2. But the 10 inch ones are $300 more than the Nexus 7, so I kind of have to be in money to burn mode to justify it . . . .

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just came over to Android about a month ago, first the HTC One X+ and now Note 2 (2 weeks). I have a BlackBerry PlayBook that I found myself using less and less that it's now turned off. However I don't see myself being able to use the Note 2 in place of a laptop or tablet. I was reading that Samsung will be coming out with a new table this summer or fall and it might be an 11.6". If that's the case I will be first in line to buy it.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I've toyed with the idea of getting a Nexus 7 or 10, or the Note 10.1, but I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of them. A 10 inch tab sounds like a better fit since the 7" is so close to the N2. But the 10 inch ones are $300 more than the Nexus 7, so I kind of have to be in money to burn mode to justify it . . . .
I have a Note 10.1 and a Note 2. I felt after seeing the quality of the screen on the Note 2 (the pixels are so tight I have to look real hard to see them) that the Note 10.1 was just not quite good enough for me. From the specs the screen on the Nexus 7 (BTW I had a Nexus 4 also) sounded like it would be better. So I bought one and found the screen was a just a little better but not much as they didn't increase the resolution just compressed it into a smaller screen (but not small enough). So I returned the Nexus 7 and truly believe that if you are not using the s-pen on your Note 2 then you will find the best to be the Nexus 10 as they have about doubled the resolution on it. I am sticking with my Note 10.1 because of the s-pen and the high cost of changing. I use the s-pen on my Note 2 almost every day and like the pressure sensitivity of the s-pen on the Note 10.1.

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Ha I was the other person to buy a Playbook.

I don't use it as much for the same reason. The size is too close to my Note 2. I went out and bought a surface.

I still have my BB PlayBook (yes, I'm the guy who bought one -- that was me!). I used it mainly for reading the NY Times every morning on its sideloaded Android app, plus Facebooking, browsing, and occasional movie watching on the Plex app (the email app on it totally sucks, ironically). I've only used it once since I got the N2, and that was only because I was in the midst of syncing 58GB of music to the SD card on my N2. It's destined to be sold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't own or never have owned a tablet. Never felt the need

Sent from my Note 2

I thought about another tablet since I have a desktop and phone. I figure an actual laptop would do better. Even though its less portable I find it a better option given its a computer after all. A tablet becomes just as big if you start adding keyboard docks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I've had my note for 10 months now. At first I thought that I'd not need a tablet as I had a phone with a 5.5 inch screen. After 3 months I got a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 inch. I liked it a lot and found myself using it at home and outside, however I found that it was too heavy to take out with me everyday so I got a nexus 7 4 months later. I didn't really like the nexus 7, the screen was too small, it had stability issues and generally I found the device to be underwhelming. At Christmas I received an ipod touch 5th generation and a month later I bought an ipad mini and got rid of the galaxy tab and nexus 7. Now I use a combination of the. Note, ipad and ipod touch.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Which ipad do you have? My new ipad is still on ios 5,but runs ok. Occasional app crashes, but probably the same frequency as my note 2.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I've had my ipad mini for 3 months now and it's never crashed. Occasionally apps crash but the disruption it causes is so minimal. If an app crashes on my ipad I'll be up and running again in less than 5 seconds. If an app crashes on my note it can be up 2 minutes before I can use the phone again. I've lost count of the number of times my note has crashed, switched itself off, frozen or rebooted. I guess we all have different experiences though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I've *almost* pulled the trigger on a N10 a few times now, but every time I just end up loving my N7 more. I don't own a Note 2 but I've played with several and I wouldn't call it anywhere close to the N7 in size or functionality.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Not for me I still used my PlayBook everyday. Not sure why but that extra real estate really helps me

Sent using Tapatalk 2