Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trialz69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Default FM transmitter app

Does anyone have an FM transmitter app that will broadcast audio on the Note through an FM station playing through your car stereo?

Default Re: FM transmitter app

I'm not aware of the Note 2 having an FM transmitter on board.
    Thanked by:

I believe the International variant has the radio still on it. For whatever reason though the US variants don't.

Either way OP I don't know of any such app to use the FM radio to transmit, I don't even think it's a physical capability of the radio they put in phones.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Possibly, OP was looking for a way to play music from the GNote2 over the vehicle FM radio. Belkin makes one that has a USB port for charging,plugs into 12V power port, select the frequency you want to tune your car radio to, plug it into the headphone jack on the GNote2. Unfortunately, due to FCC power limitations, the transmitter must be within 12" of the radio to eliminate most of the static. In the absence of bluetooth, this can work.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

There is no fm transmitter app. He must be thinking of the fm receiver that I believe is in the international version. Like others have said you need an fm transmitter. Monster used to have a good one that I had for about $30. It was powered off the cigarette lighter.

Did you guys know the korean version of the note 2 has atsc digital tv tuner. Its crazy the phone has a pullout antenna and everything. There are some vids of it on youtube.

Sent via Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

That's what I thought as I didn't find anything that was supported on the Note 2. That said, there are other phones (perhaps the international version) that is capable of it and thus I thought we were only an app away from having it here too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    RootBoatz

I use this Motorola bluetooth transmitter. It connects to my phone via bluetooth & transmits it over my car stereo.

Most phone miss the necessary hardware to work as radio broadcaster to your car radio. For sound to be broadcast to your older car fm radio without bluetooth you will have to use . A FM transmitter convert the sound signal to a FM frequency, so your car radio can pick up and play the music as any radio station.

This thing advertise for iphone, but works on android too. This is the "missing" hardware on most smartphone.

Nice "workaround". As for the international Note II -- no FM transmitter there, just FM receiver (which you can only use if you have your headphones plugged in as the cable serves as FM antenna; or an audio cable connected to some external amplifier should probably also work).

Nokia n95 had in built fm transmitter worked great and thats a few years old now but the new galaxy s4 note2 dont seem to have one all this tech and the important things like battery and music still need work.
    khanji likes this.

Believe or not, fm transmitter was an built in feature ( Nokia N900, N97, N8 and also Sony Ericsson, w980 and w980i ) for many old none smart cell phone. However NONE
    of smart phone has such feature. You will have to use other device such as bluetooth. If you don't have bluetooth, then fm transmitter is the best bet for your older vehicle.

Self delete
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote Originally Posted by howserow View Post
    Does anyone have an FM transmitter app that will broadcast audio on the Note through an FM station playing through your car stereo?