Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaxBuck
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing appointments due to calendar ringtones not noticeable

Is there a way to add short music snippets to the choice of ringtones for event notification? I've tried every ringtone and none of them are long enough and repeat enough for me to notice. I need something far more insistent, sort of like most alarm app alarms.
    Samsung Note 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Missing appointments due to calendar ringtones not noticeable

Bump

Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2

If you copy a ringtone you think will work (and that includes any musical mp3; I've tried "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult) into the sdcard directory media/audio/notifications, then play that file from that location, then reboot the phone, that ringtone will become available for use as the notification alert in the stock calendar.

Unfortunately I do not believe there is a way to customize the notification specific to a given appointment - I think the same sound is used for all appointment alerts.
    Thanked by:
    1812dave likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

PERFECT! Thanks!

Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy SII for 2 years now and I am truly baffled as to how such a major mobile operating system could have developed such a horrible calendar!! The Jelly Bean version is now much improved but there is still a MAJOR, MAJOR FLAW: THE RINGTONES ARE TOTALLY UNNOTICEABLE!!!!! AM I THE ONLY PERSON AMONG THE MILLIONS OF USERS TO NOTICE THIS????!!!! I have had to install the Calendar Snooze app to provide a vocal notification that IS LOUD AND REPEATS!! (Hear that Google....R E P E A T S!!!!) I am absolutely dumbfounded as to how a company like Google could overlook such a BASIC, BASIC FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please....someone tell me.....am I missing something????!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien79 View Post
    I have been using a Samsung Galaxy SII for 2 years now and I am truly baffled as to how such a major mobile operating system could have developed such a horrible calendar!! The Jelly Bean version is now much improved but there is still a MAJOR, MAJOR FLAW: THE RINGTONES ARE TOTALLY UNNOTICEABLE!!!!! AM I THE ONLY PERSON AMONG THE MILLIONS OF USERS TO NOTICE THIS????!!!! I have had to install the Calendar Snooze app to provide a vocal notification that IS LOUD AND REPEATS!! (Hear that Google....R E P E A T S!!!!) I am absolutely dumbfounded as to how a company like Google could overlook such a BASIC, BASIC FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please....someone tell me.....am I missing something????!!!!
    nope, you're not missing a thing (except possibly appointments). you're not alone.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien79 View Post
    did u not read the fix that worked for me?? (Maxbuck's suggestion worked great--my calendar alerts me as loudly as a phone call and as insistently)
    Samsung Note 2