Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I've settled on my preferred case(s)

After spending probably 10-20 hours researching cases online, and buying a couple, I ended up getting a couple I never considered in the beginning.

1. The Seidio Surface Case/Belt Clip combo (Best Buy brand "Platinum") is just great. Not too bulky, plus it had a belt clip, which I sometimes need. It provides pretty good grip and of course I LOVE the kickstand. That was a must-have. (I never considered it originally because I thought it would be too bulky for such a big device. I was wrong.)

2. The Samsung Flip Cover is also a winner. I never really considered it because I thought the cover would be a hassle, but after finally breaking down and buying one (with a Best Buy gift card), I'm very happy. It looks classy, doesn't add bulk, keeps the screen clean (very important to me), and gives a little screen protection, too (not from drops, of course). The cover is a minor inconvenience at times, but I'm surprised at how little it gets in my way.

So overall, I'm very happy with what I've got. Think I'll sit tight for a while...until I get the itch to go case huntin' again.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: I've settled on my preferred case(s)

I love collecting cases. I have a Samsung flip, ,leather flip, ,a flip\stand combo, and the red one in the pictures is being delivered today.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've settled on my preferred case(s)-uploadfromtaptalk1358960481498.jpg   I've settled on my preferred case(s)-uploadfromtaptalk1358960492783.jpg   I've settled on my preferred case(s)-uploadfromtaptalk1358960511849.jpg   I've settled on my preferred case(s)-uploadfromtaptalk1358960523542.jpg  
    love my evo.

waiting for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
    waiting for delivery.
    When you get it could you post the measurements in all 3 dimensions (preferably in mm's if you can as it is more accurate IMO) I'm trying to figure if it will in a belt case. Thanks in advance.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

waiting for delivery.
    That link takes me to the app store and i am required to download ebay app if I want to see what your showing. Please post pic when it arrives.

love my evo.
    Tokio_Love likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I love collecting cases. I have a Samsung flip, ,leather flip, ,a flip\stand combo, and the red one in the pictures is being delivered today.

Strongly considered the first one, but I read some reviews that the kickstand wasn't very durable/sturdy. Let me know how you like yours.

I didn't see that particular leather one, but I like it. Does it add much bulk? Looks kind of busy.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

waiting for delivery.
    Damn, that's pretty sharp. Only problem is it probably wouldn't work in my Samsung charging stand.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

That link takes me to the app store and i am required to download ebay app if I want to see what your showing. Please post pic when it arrives.

I'll help him out:

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Strongly considered the first one, but I read some reviews that the kickstand wasn't very durable/sturdy. Let me know how you like yours.

I didn't see that particular leather one, but I like it. Does it add much bulk? Looks kind of busy.
    The leather one is really nice. I love it. The red one is worth it to check out for 3 dollars.

love my evo.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I wish there was a rubber/plastic bumper like that.
    I hate aluminum for the possible interference but more so because when I wake up in the morning the metal is cold and I don't like that xD

ROM
    Stock

I LOVE my case. Wouldn't settle for anything less. Already saved me lots of times from accidents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've settled on my preferred case(s)-p1010087.jpg   I've settled on my preferred case(s)-p1010088.jpg  
    ReginaLiz likes this.

After trying several I finally settled on the OB Defender as my day to day case and the Samsung shell with the rubber bumper from the Samsung web-site as my second choice. The Samsung case is great for those times when I want less bulk. I also got my free flip case, but I am out of town and haven't tried it yet.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    JEDI MASTER

Picked up the BB Platinum and Zagg the other night too, just like bigoldthor, because my first naked note 2 got destroyed - started reading reviews of the Zagg and am appreshinsive - Did you do the same due diligence on screen protectors? maybe spigen is the direction to go or just use the Zagg??

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

That best buy case is great. I have had them before for other phones and been pleased. If they had one without the kickstand I would be all over it.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

waiting for delivery.
    I really like that however on the Iphone when i had the the metal bumpers like that hurt reception, do you think this will be an issue with our phones

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I have the black platinum edition kickstand case from best buy. Its quite nice.

Sent via Tapatalk
    bigoldthor likes this.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I loooove the Samsung flip case.... It gives the phone a very professional (and dare I say, sexy) look... I've been looking online for others, and found some other flip cases that offer a bit more protection. There's one in particular that I'm leaning towards that doubles as a wallet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Livin La Vida NOTA!!! Lovin my Galaxy Note 2 on the Now Network!
    bigoldthor likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by necorbin View Post
    I loooove the Samsung flip case.... It gives the phone a very professional (and dare I say, sexy) look... I've been looking online for others, and found some other flip cases that offer a bit more protection. There's one in particular that I'm leaning towards that doubles as a wallet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Totally agree about the flip case looking professional. I was sitting in a meeting this morning with this case on my GN2. I had it sitting on my padfolio thinking how smart it looks. I like that. In fact, here it is as I saw it this morning:

petaf and DAS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Totally agree about the flip case looking professional. I was sitting in a meeting this morning with this case on my GN2. I had it sitting on my padfolio thinking how smart it looks. I like that. In fact, here it is as I saw it this morning:

Definitely looks very business like. I love it because it protects my screen while in my pocket yet doesn't add a true case. Just remove from pocket and flip open. No fumbling with pouches.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rexxcastle View Post
    I really like that however on the Iphone when i had the the metal bumpers like that hurt reception, do you think this will be an issue with our phones
    havent had no problems

I just ordered the same case you have just in all black instead of black/red. With my amazon points i didnt pay 1 cent.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

I use the Samsung Rubber case, the flip cover, or this verizon case.

Quote Originally Posted by acbuescher View Post
    I use the Samsung Rubber case, the flip cover, or this verizon case.

My friend has that case with the kickstand. I don't like it though because to me there is no point to use a case if it doesn't cover every edge.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I love the flip cases. Have white. Grey. Light blue. Mint. Pink. Red. Using the white now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    My friend has that case with the kickstand. I don't like it though because to me there is no point to use a case if it doesn't cover every edge.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Better protection than flip cover...

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
    cdicesare2002 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast