1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default S Pen data entry started popping up instead of default samsung keyboard

Any one else see this problem? It has happened twice where for no reason the Spen hand writing to text recognition screen popped up instead of the regular full keyboard. Both times I had to turn off AND do a battery pull to fix: restart had no effect.

I'm using nova launcher, not rooted.
    Ported myself over from Palm III/V/Zire --> Treo 700p --> Pre - --> Touchpad (2 x 16gb) --> Photon 4G---> Fabulous Galaxy Note II on Sprint

Default Re: S Pen data entry started popping up instead of default samsung keyboard

Maybe there is a setting that has been enabled to use the pen. Whilst wondering, wander the keyboard and Spen settings. You will recognize it immediately.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: S Pen data entry started popping up instead of default samsung keyboard

Nope, I didn't change any settings before this started happening. And it shouldn't happen on its own after a battery pull.
    Ported myself over from Palm III/V/Zire --> Treo 700p --> Pre - --> Touchpad (2 x 16gb) --> Photon 4G---> Fabulous Galaxy Note II on Sprint

If you have the spen out when you want to type it will come up that way just simpily replace pen and press the back button to remove the text entry area and try again

I think you're posting this because your SPen is secured in its place, right? I know there's a setting to automatically switch to Handwriting Mode when pulling out the S-Pen, but it SHOULDN'T happen if the S-Pen is in it's place. Try disabling that option and see if it happens again (both when pulling out the S-Pen and while keeping it in). If it DOES happen again, then it's a software issue and you should have your phone checked (or maybe do a factory reset?... have you updated OS lately? Might have to do that, too). If by disabling the option the behaviour stops, then probably you have a problem with the S-Pen detection and, I'm afraid, this could be a hardware failure either in the sensor inside the phone or in the passive circuitry inside the S-Pen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Spen was not out when the keyboard popped up. It appeared when I was trying to type data into a web address.

I'd say it's either a problem with the sensor (be it the phone's or the S-Pen's) or you're hitting the handwriting button when trying to insert a space. It kept happening to me because I was used to a keyboard with a larger space bar and I kept hitting the settings button (in my case, it popped up the Voice Recognition function)