| || |
Unable to send MMS with WiFi turned on...FIX! (No Root Required)
Well...just spent 2 days trying to get my brand new Galaxy Note 2 to send MMS messages...turns out it was only not sending them with wifi turned on (at first I thought it was a sending AND recieving issue)...to be clear: I wasn't trying to send MMS OVER wifi, just WHILE wifi was also on...the issue seemed to be that the phone wouldn't pause wifi to send messages over 3G/4G, though other data (web, email, etc) was fine...also, this seems to be MAINLY a problem with Samsung phones (Galaxy S 2, 3, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, etc...so if anyone with another phone is having this issue, feel free to repost) and also totally random...though many have been saying they got it after installing adblock or juice defender...most likely this is an app conflict/permissions issue. So before you root, reset, reboot, or re-install, try this:
1) go to Play store and install ANOTHER sms/messaging app...I used Go SMS Pro (which is a hot mess that looks like a myspace page but it's only temporary)
2) with wifi on, use it to send yourself an MMS (it will ALSO send you a spam message...grate.) This should reset whatever settings were haywire.
3) go back to your built-in messaging app and send yourself another MMS to make sure it's working (you will get more spam here too...just ignore it)
4) uninstall Go SMS Pro (unless you love it I guess)
5) recheck your MMS with another test. (you will get more spam... again...how this even possible I can't even guess)
6) delete the spam thread and you should be good to go
Hope this works for you!