Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sux2bu
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Default Flip Case/Cover with volume control open?

In my searches for a flip case/cover, I ran across one that had the volume buttons accessible........I saw it, I swear. I can't find it for the life of me. Has anyone else seen it, or even better used it?
    I checked everywhere, ebay, alibaba, shopping, amazon, etc.... If you have seen it and know where I might be able to purchase said flip, let me know, please? :-(

Or the best Flip Cover you have used? I got a free one with my purchase from AT&T because my Optimus G was defective.....I got lucky right?!? I love the Titanium case, but it doesn't protect much. I have read many threads about the best protection and slimmest cases, but I grew to like the flip cover.....Hoping anyone can help?

Dan

Default Re: Flip Case/Cover with volume control open?

Honestly I prefer the volume buttons covered, they are much too easy to accidentally press when hitting the lock/unlock button.

As far as a case, I HATE big bulky cases. To me it looks super tacky, like when people have plastic on their couches.

I never really use cases on my phones, but I do like to check them out just to see what they look/feel like. This is how I really ended up liking the flip cover also. I also ordered the Samsung protective case and a few on Ebay, just because they were stupid cheap.

Now I don't regularly use a case but if I did this would be it. I took one of the cheap $2 Ebay cases and cut the side of it so I could still fully use my flip cover. it fit REALLY well and was super thin. The Samsung protective case is really nice, but it's far too bulky for my taste. I didn't cut that one so i could resell it when it's time for a new phone.

Here are some pics of one of my $2 Ebay cases.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flip Case/Cover with volume control open?-20130106_160625.jpg   Flip Case/Cover with volume control open?-20130106_160640.jpg   Flip Case/Cover with volume control open?-20130106_160536.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    destefmx6 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

I like it. I'll give you $20 bucks for it......Just kdn......Thanks, Nice job. What did you use to make the clean cut?
    Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    Honestly I prefer the volume buttons covered, they are much too easy to accidentally press when hitting the lock/unlock button.

As far as a case, I HATE big bulky cases. To me it looks super tacky, like when people have plastic on their couches.

I never really use cases on my phones, but I do like to check them out just to see what they look/feel like. This is how I really ended up liking the flip cover also. I also ordered the Samsung protective case and a few on Ebay, just because they were stupid cheap.

Now I don't regularly use a case but if I did this would be it. I took one of the cheap $2 Ebay cases and cut the side of it so I could still fully use my flip cover. it fit REALLY well and was super thin. The Samsung protective case is really nice, but it's far too bulky for my taste. I didn't cut that one so i could resell it when it's time for a new phone.

Here are some pics of one of my $2 Ebay cases.

Someone should start a service of cutting these cases for others and charge a fee. Easy Money if you're good at it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    destefmx6 likes this.

I used an Exacto knife, but a razor blade will work just fine.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Don't sell yourself short, it takes a pretty steady freakn hand......."like the game operations...." LOL :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    I used an Exacto knife, but a razor blade will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by destefmx6 View Post
    Don't sell yourself short, it takes a pretty steady freakn hand......."like the game operations...." LOL :-)
    If you make a template out of something hard like plastic or metal then you could follow the template pretty easily.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE