My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life

kingro93

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Is this good battery life for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Because I was honestly expecting more juice from this big sucker. These battery history details is mainly light usage on my battery -__- I had the charger unplugged around 5 AM this morning. When I actually go heavy usage on my phone; constant texting, web browsing, application use I only get a good amount of 7-9 hours at least on my phone :( I don't understand how all these other people with the Note 2 get 2 days of battery life! I am currently using the stock battery.

Attachments

• tumblr_mh8532K0dL1qbqau1o1_500.png
    tumblr_mh8532K0dL1qbqau1o1_500.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,025

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That is a bit low to me. I get about 16 hours with same usage but I keep auto sync off. Affects nothing for me. I don't need apps auto synching in the background. If I want to use a app it syncs when opened. I also have all email accounts on manual. I don't need my phone looking for emails all days and notifying me. I treat email like regular mail, if I want to see if I have mail,, I go to the mail box and check. Otherwise my phone would be beeping all day.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am averaging 3-4 % an hour which is amazing. I do not sync anything
I want to see it I refresh it
I keep data on all the time
Turn my light on screen all the way down

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ive never really tested mine. Its off charge at 4.30am and lasts all day easily with average usage. When I get to bed around 11pm its usually between 45%-50% battery left.

I charge it regardless. It would last most of a second day but not all of the day

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I think I have same as you.. 9-10 battery.. I'll try disabling some settings that might be affecting it..

Last edited:

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you aren't doing anything resource intensive, turn on CPU Power Saving and turn off haptic feedback if you don't need it in everyday browsing and texting. Those are both under the Power Saving Mode menu under settings. I leave the screen ones off, I think they negatively effect my experience on the phone.

juanpanlilio

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Agree, that battery life seems a bit on the low side for me as well. Check out what apps/services you have syncing in the background and assess whether you actually need it.

I'm using Juice Defender Ultimate and can say that I've had a really positive experience with it. Battery life with relatively heavy use could easily last two days based on how I've got it configured.

YMMY of course but similar to the other posters on this thread you can really stretch out the battery of this thing.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You guys must be new here. Did no one notice his mobile network signal bar?

You have HORRIBLE signal strength, that will kill your battery almost as fast as having the screen on at full brightness all the time.

To compare, when I have horrible signal strength I only get about 19 hours with average usage. With decent signal strength and the same average usage I get about 30-35 hours and once almost 52 hours with awesome signal strength.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-23-20-52-34.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-23-20-52-34.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_2012-12-23-20-47-40.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-23-20-47-40.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You guys must be new here. Did no one notice his mobile network signal bar?

You also must be new here, since if you weren't you'd know that not including the screen on time makes your battery use screenshot a useless piece of data.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You also must be new here, since if you weren't you'd know that not including the screen on time makes your battery use screenshot a useless piece of data.

I had attached it, I guess it didn't go through.

While 4 1/2 hours isn't a lot over 2 days, I have everything on full blast. Screen brightness 100%, wifi always on, bluetooth always on all GPS services always on, all apps sync as often as possible. I bet if I actually tried to be efficient with my battery and turned everything I'm not using off I could probably get over 3 days out of it.

kingro93

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I am with t mobile lol -_- I live in San Diego too where I should be getting good signal strength. Is my battery effective? Or is it from the jelly bean update? My phone is running on 4.1.1.

kingro93

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, my phone was off at the time and I couldn't upload the second one.

Attachments

• 2013-01-25-00-21-42.png
    2013-01-25-00-21-42.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 2013-01-25-00-21-25.png
    2013-01-25-00-21-25.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 125

kingro93

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Not really, yesterday it was around 2-3 hours of screen time on 0% of brightness. I forgot to screen shot it, but I average around that much. I think my battery just sucks. I dont get how hes averaging 2 days of life on his battery if he does have stock @sux2bu.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Where do you set when apps sync?

Thanks... Tim...

Hello dunkertim, welcome to Android Central! In the future, start your own thread in the forums so we can keep the threads on topic. If you want to view Sync settings, that is under the Account part of the Settings app. If you want to restrict background sync and have to sync manually, you go to Date Usage under settings, hit the menu key, then turn off background sync. If you want to change sync frequency, you have to go to the individual apps.

dunkertim

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello dunkertim, welcome to Android Central! In the future, start your own thread in the forums so we can keep the threads on topic. If you want to view Sync settings, that is under the Account part of the Settings app. If you want to restrict background sync and have to sync manually, you go to Date Usage under settings, hit the menu key, then turn off background sync. If you want to change sync frequency, you have to go to the individual apps.

Thanks. Didn't want to start a new thread as I asked about app synching because by Note II is experiencing rapid battery loss beginning today after 2 months of no issues at all. Didn't think I had to restate the entire issue, since I was in the thread where my issue was being discussed.

T...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox