1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default S-Beam

Just wondering if there is a way to transfer a whole playlist using S-beam. So far I can do one song at a time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using tapatalk2

Default Re: S-Beam

I don't even know how to get sbeam to work. Me and my mate turned it in and touched our phones together and nothibg happened. Any ideas on how the process works?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by 300SS View Post
    Just wondering if there is a way to transfer a whole playlist using S-beam. So far I can do one song at a time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using tapatalk2
    Unfortunately S beam does not work like it does in the commercial. You can only do one song at a time. However there is an alternative built into our phone. Go to where wifi settings are and turn on wifi direct. Do the same with the other phone. Now you can make a network between the 2 phones. Next go to the my files app go to the folder where the files are you want to transfer and check all the boxxes. On the top right there is option to transfer over wifi direct. On the next screen you will choose the network you just created.hit done on the top of the screen. Click thst and you are done.

I csn use this to transfer hundreds of files in a little over a minute.

It sounds like alot of steps but once you have done it a few times it will take like 20 seconds to setup.

Sent via Tapatalk

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver View Post
    I don't even know how to get sbeam to work. Me and my mate turned it in and touched our phones together and nothibg happened. Any ideas on how the process works?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    In order for sbeam to work you have to play the file. Enable sbeam and nfc. Go to music player or whstever has the file you wish to send. Your friend also has to enable sbeam and nfc. Now touch the phones back to back. You should hear a tone. You will see an option to "touch to beam" now touch the file on the screen and the beam should start.

Be aware that android beam and s beam are not the same thing so if that is what he is then it wont work for transferring music and other big files.

Sent via Tapatalk

Not with s-beam but you can with WiFi File Transfer Pro.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default S-Beam

Thanks I will try the wifi direct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD