What keyboard do you use?

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Does the keyboard still have speech and Pen use?

I am starting to hate this stock samsung keyboard because there auto correct does not work good

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I use Hackers Keyboard. Because it has the cursor keys, delete key and the Ctrl key works with other keys (like Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v and Ctrl+x) to preform shortcuts like on a real keyboard. It works with speech but afaik not the pen.

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the stock Samsung keyboard because I am spoiled to the number row on top.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Do you like the auto correct? It Doesnt work as well as my old phone or iphone correction.
Yes I love the numbers on top also.i use them a lot. I wish they had another row of arrows on top. Agree?

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I use Hackers Keyboard. Because it has the cursor keys, delete key and the Ctrl key works with other keys (like Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v and Ctrl+x) to preform shortcuts like on a real keyboard. It works with speech but afaik not the pen.

Thanks for the info. I will try it out.
But I use the pen a lot.
Do you still use the pen at all?

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm using samsung keyboard for Spen input, and Swiftkey Flow for finger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

How do you set that up? I would like to use A.I. Type and the stock keyboard

It's a Phone, it's a Tablet, It's a Phablet

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will try it out.
But I use the pen a lot.
Do you still use the pen at all?

I use the pen quite a lot in fact maybe more than the keyboard. But I don't use the pen and keyboard at the same time. In fact I don't understand how the keyboard has anything to do with the pen.

Bruno Abasse

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I enjoyed the Samsung stock keyboard but after a while got tired of the predictive text not being too accurate.
I tried the free version of SwiftKey and noticed an improvement on the prediction and correction and decided to buy the full version.
I would like to have the separate row of number keys but I find that the long press is not annoying.

In my case I use both Portuguese and English dictionaries and type equally in both languages, and have big fingers and enjoy the bigger keys of the SwiftKey keyboard.

The extra row for number keys mean smaller keys or a bigger keyboard, so IMO it depends on what works for you and how big your hands are :)

Sent from my GN2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I liked the stock keyboard cause of the swpying but i recently changed to Kii keyboard cause it has better accuracy when typing like a normal phone with both hands lol. Has a bunch of customisable options. I changed my skin to match my grey and white otterbox defender. :thumbup::D uploadfromtaptalk1359399864644.jpg

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I enjoyed the Samsung stock keyboard but after a while got tired of the predictive text not being too accurate.
I tried the free version of SwiftKey and noticed an improvement on the prediction and correction and decided to buy the full version.
I would like to have the separate row of number keys but I find that the long press is not annoying.

In my case I use both Portuguese and English dictionaries and type equally in both languages, and have big fingers and enjoy the bigger keys of the SwiftKey keyboard.

The extra row for number keys mean smaller keys or a bigger keyboard, so IMO it depends on what works for you and how big your hands are :)

Im also using two languages all the time and being able to switch lingo is most important feature, I really liked the AI keyboard but without norweigen language pack its absolutly useless for me. I think I tryed swiftkey but it does the switching of langauge automaticaly I think and my spelling in both languages is so bad that I prefer to be only offered alternatives in one langauge at a time, using the go keyboard mostly, but I aint happy with that either!!

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually really like the stock keyboard, it's my first time going 100% virtual keyboard, all my previous phone have had a physical keyboard. But the keyboard + size makes it almost a non-issue

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying to use the Samsung keyboard but the correction and predictive text is awful. I do like the swype keyboard but I don't use it all the time. I keep going back to my trusty SwiftKey. It is the best keyboard out in my opinion.

I may try again with the default keyboard when I start using the s pen more. I have not had time to experiment with that yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I gave swiftkey 3 a try. I really wanted to like it but found the following problems with it:

- it was too strict on having to begin exactly on the first letter of the word(Swype, which I'm currently using, is much more forgiving)
- the predictability is not as good Swype

So I'm using the built in Swype !

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I just tried out the hackers keyboard, at first I was like, wow a proper layout but after five mins I realised its not the keyboard for me. The keys are too small and the dark style seems to mock all the fat finger mistakes, plus erie silence, I couldn't find any sound settings

But I was promted to go through all the keyboard options again, swiftkey I didn't like, go isn't fantastic especially with predictions(better at norsk than english which is weird) but the best one is the AI keyboard which just feels softer, and it has lots of good features like being able to scroll the keyboard up or down, plays a sound when it corrects a word, which helps if you are like me and dont look at the screen much when typing with two thumbs, but it still only in english.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is what I love about android. What seems like the perfect keyboard to me is not good for someone else. The good news is that there are plenty to choose from. You can take suggestions from others but it comes down to trying different keyboards and finding what works for you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I liked the stock keyboard cause of the swpying but i recently changed to Kii keyboard cause it has better accuracy when typing like a normal phone with both hands lol. Has a bunch of customisable options. I changed my skin to match my grey and white otterbox defender. :thumbup::D View attachment 57981

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

This one looks good, I liked the stock one with the number row but no spell check was a deal breaker for me, I am going to give Kii a try for a couple days. So far I really like it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463