Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Best app that "nobody's heard of"

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyjoe View Post
    My favorite app would have to be Windroid. A great Email app that is still in Beta form. I have used a bunch of different Email apps and this IMO is the best out there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    I downloaded it and tried it out. I really like the look of it, and how it was able to attach files from Dropbox, Documents To Go, and file explorer apps.
    My biggest disappointment was that I could not get it to display the sender's email address in the header. I use that feature to add the sender or those that are CC'd in the email to my contacts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Check out TV Portal, which allows you watch free tv shows & movies.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    I downloaded it and tried it out. I really like the look of it, and how it was able to attach files from Dropbox, Documents To Go, and file explorer apps.
    My biggest disappointment was that I could not get it to display the sender's email address in the header. I use that feature to add the sender or those that are CC'd in the email to my contacts.

Oh yeah I just noticed that too! Maybe we should email the developer.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"
    cdf3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post

Home2 Shortcut

I use this ALL the time because I wanted a quick way to access my camera when the phone is off. I have it set up so that I just double click my home button (when phone is off) and it immediately goes to camera!

I couldn't get it to work. I set everything it said and set double click home to camera. But it didn't override the default setting for double click. It kept bringing up S Voice

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

I really like Any.do so far. I had been using Astrid but it lost its ease of use somewhere along the way.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    DeadpoolJunior likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sropedia View Post
    Wallbase is a favorite of mine as well

Sent from my HTC One X
    Thanks i had no idea there was a pirate bay app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Good thread, subscribed. Will be difficult if it gets long to sort through all the pages to find APPs that haven't been mentioned though.
    My short list:
    acar - for tracking vehicle maintenance, gas mileage etc, actually bought the pro upgrade (definitely not required)
    flightplan.com - weather and charts and a lot more
    iSyncr - sync itunes
    Raindar - best app for seeing rain and weather nearby, very fast to load, only a few options but you don't need much with this.

Sent from my HTC One X
    I tried this one out but it comes back with zero results. At the moment the app does not appear to be working.

I've been using Skyvi. It's basically a Siri clone but it seems to work better than when I've watched people I know with iPhone's try to use Siri. :P

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I've been using Skyvi. It's basically a Siri clone but it seems to work better than when I've watched people I know with iPhone's try to use Siri. :P
    How does it compare to S Voice? I don't have much experience with Siri, but I got the feeling that S Voice was already superior.

Quote Originally Posted by digital0verdose View Post
    How does it compare to S Voice? I don't have much experience with Siri, but I got the feeling that S Voice was already superior.
    I have the 3VO so I haven't been able to use S-Voice. Won't be able to upgrade til Christmas Day either.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom v5.1

S voice is a joke IMO, Google now seems faster, more intuitive and generally more useful. May dad had some trouble getting his s3 to use Google now instead of a voice but once he did it was worth it

Sent from my HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post

Did you figure it out? You can long - press on the sender and it will add them to your contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Curious about what app(s) you find indispensable or just otherwise absolutely love, but that gets very little or no coverage. We all know the big name apps, like Swiftkey, Dolphin, Chrome, Firefox, Beautiful Widgets, Flipboard, Handcent, GO SMS, Nova, Tapatalk, Scoremobile, Zedge, etc. But what about some of the others?

For me (and I really don't know how well-known this app is or isn't) but it's Drippler.
    See how weird I am ... I don't use any of those big name apps except the AC version of Tapatalk. But I like Drippler once I figured out the versions. There's an that I installed and it immediately put up a banner telling me to DL the upgraded version. I eventually did and compared the two; it appears that that does all devices but is otherwise the same. It detects your device or you can manually tell it which device. I'm using it because I hate the banner on the other one because you can't get rid of it.

Yes I use Drippler too. Not bad. My favourite app is actually Flipboard while two lesser known favourites are iSpy for viewing live Earthcam streams, and Mimi for both lurking and participating on /b/

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom v5.1

Quote Originally Posted by HimOffTheTelly View Post
    Yes I use Drippler too. Not bad. My favourite app is actually Flipboard while two lesser known favourites are iSpy for viewing live Earthcam streams, and Mimi for both lurking and participating on /b/

I haven't tried mimi, but I use chant and have been pretty darn satisfied

Sent from my HTC One X
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by digital0verdose View Post
    I tried this one out but it comes back with zero results. At the moment the app does not appear to be working.
    Yeah unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe an update will fix that soon enough. Great quality wallpapers when it does work though. I recommend ZEDGE in the meantime I suppose. This app has great wallpapers as well ringtones and other sounds to use. I would use this app before I discovered Wallbase HD.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    Yeah unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe an update will fix that soon enough. Great quality wallpapers when it does work though. I recommend ZEDGE in the meantime I suppose. This app has great wallpapers as well ringtones and other sounds to use. I would use this app before I discovered Wallbase HD.
    Yeah, I've been using Zedge. What looked interesting about Wallbase is I could specify a resolution to look for. Hopefully it comes back to life soon.

I haven't tried mimi, but I use chant and have been pretty darn satisfied

Sent from my HTC One X
    The best chan viewer used to be Yon but it hasnt been updated for so long its basically now useless. Chant is okay too.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri360 View Post
    Llama. It's a location aware app for automation tasks for basically anything. Like tasker but allot simpler. I've been using it for about 3yrs and its just gotten better and better. More and more capable.

Love llama. use it automatically turn off my home wifi

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Funny thing about drippler.. I found it like 2 months ago and frequently mention it on these forums.

Magnify by appd labs is a good one. Can take macro magnified photos of teeny tiny objects.

Splashtop. A remote desktop for windows 7. Streams well enough that
    I can play diablo 3 or WoW on my phone fron the couch in the living room.

Mx player. Probably well known but awesome all around video player.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip on Magnify. Great app for my aging eyes!

This is exactly the kind of help I hoped this thread would bring. Keep up the good work everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Poison630 View Post
    Check out TV Portal, which allows you watch free tv shows & movies.
    It says, Free for 2 days?

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Quote Originally Posted by cornettbr View Post
    what does Drippler do? I use the handwriting to text app for writing text messages and typing on forums, Also I've been using Any.do for tasks its also nice when you miss calls to remind you to call back
    Sorry I'm a little late responding. Drippler is like a news feed customized for your specific device. So if you only want news sent to you related to the Galaxy Note 2, you can have it do that. If you want it for other devices, you can do that too. Check out the description .

Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    It says, Free for 2 days?

I don't know about it's availability elsewhere but here in the UK I use a app called Catch Up TV which essentially gives us Live mobile access to the complete range of Freeview TV channels and a few extras besides. Also FilmOn is good now but only after a recent update.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Sent from my HTC One X
    I downloaded Wallbase but for the life of me I can't get any wallpapers too display. I've tweaked settings, turned SFW and Sktechy on an off, tapped Popular and Random, and I always get "No Results". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Never mind. After reading the rest of the thread, I see that it's not working at present.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast