Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default With so many different chargers being sold out there, which ones are really the best?

A preface before I begin. I only put this in the Note 2 General as I have a Note II. However, this question could apply to all android phones I guess, so if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Anyways, a few weeks after I got my phone, I realized that my phone was charging terribly. After running a few tests, mainly using my friend's note II charger, I came to the conclusion that it was my charger, not my battery that was messed up. I went searching and searching online for a new charger. I mainly looked at the inexpensive ones, and bought one. It didn't work on my phone. I got another, same result. I bought maybe four or five, and cheap prices, but they would either not charge my phone, charge it slower than my use (as the charger in the box did), or charge very very slowly (five percent in 9 hours).

While I still have not gotten a replacement charger, as my original one works maybe 50/50, I ask this question to the android community.

What are trust worthy chargers? There are so many companies online that sell chargers, ebay and amazon both have endless selllers selling "micro usb to usb" chargers, or "chargers that will fit a samsung galaxy note 2."

What are "good" chargers? I mean, how do we even define good? Samsung's site itself sells a 1A charger, rather than a 2A one, like what was provided in the box.

Typing this now, I have no clue where I am going, or what I am meaning to ask.

I guess it's a matter of opinion for all of you out there. When in need for a charger, where do you go? Who do you trust?
    Nokia 3220-->Motorola Razr-->Sidekick LX-->HTC G1-->Motorola Cliq-->HTC Thunderbolt-->Samsung Galaxy Note II

Default Re: With so many different chargers being sold out there, which ones are really the best?

I'd go with POWERGEN, they have some nice hundreds of good reviews on amazon
    Amazon.com: POWERGEN: Cell Phones & Accessories

Default Re: With so many different chargers being sold out there, which ones are really the best?

You can check out this particular link I found about the differences between 1A and 2A charging.

On another note, for external battery chargers, I got a Ravpower one. This particular holds 10,400 mah with 2 usb ports providing 1A and 2A.

You need a 2A charger, most are less than 1. They may look the same but most AC adapters put out less than half of what the Note 2 can take. Don't go cheap, it's actually cheaper to spend a little more the first time and have it work than to keep buying (and paying shipping over and over)
    Look for a name brand on Amazon, avoid ebay no-names and avoid iphone chargers, they're not big enough.

For example:
    Amazon.com: Original US Plug Wall AC Charging Adapter+USB Cable For Samsung Galaxy S3 Note 2: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: PowerGen 2.1Amps / 10W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Bah! Letting my Galaxy Note 2 take a break while it charges?! Never! Bought me the Spare Battery Charging system so I can keep using this great device :-D

Sent from my Awesome Galaxy Note 2!

Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Bah! Letting my Galaxy Note 2 take a break while it charges?! Never! Bought me the Spare Battery Charging system so I can keep using this great device :-D

Sent from my Awesome Galaxy Note 2!
    I thought about buying one simply for the rare occurance that my power goes out so I have a spare. I guess an anchor battery would serve better though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Amazon.com: Original US Plug Wall AC Charging Adapter+USB Cable For Samsung Galaxy S3 Note 2: Cell Phones & Accessories

Be careful though, even though it says original it may be a knock off. There were some of these by amazon sellers a few days ago. If I were needing one I would get one from an amazon seller and if it wasn't the OEM, send it back.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt